Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:04

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: BF4
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2013, 23:32 
Community slut (13473)
BF3 was a complete let-down for me, however, the more I see of BF4, the more interested I get....

And I just bought me a Nexus 10 8)

nl 
 Post subject: Re: BF4
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 00:18 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Bought it already, can't wait! :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 17:30 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Could you get me a new PC also? :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 18:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Nice that you bought a N10 :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 22:27 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
frankwj1 wrote:
Nice that you bought a N10 :D
:shock: is that a nuke or something?

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 12:55 
Community slut (13473)
So, Bucky has convinced me to buy BF4. It has been a few years since we played games together, so I figured, why not? It was for sale anyway during the black Friday sale, so I decided to give it a go.

First impressions: It's much better than BF3. A lot of little annoyances have been fixed in BF4. Of course there's always the EA/Dice retard stuff in there, but as with BF2, you can overcome it if the game provides enough fun.

I did have to lower my graphics settings, not because my PC couldn't handle it, but simply because the higher settings you use, the more clutter you have on your screen, which makes it much more difficult to play. (Thanks for the suggestion, BAM)

Currently most settings are at low, but surprisingly the game still looks very good and I do not have the feeling I'm playing a game with crappy textures.

So, in the near future we'll be playing a whole lot of BF4 I'm guessing. If you were still in doubt, and you can pick up the game at discount (perhaps during an Xmas sale), I'd say, go for it.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 01:24 
Pretty useless (83)
I bought this the other week. In a nutshell, a brilliant game and very fun to play. Graphically nice to look at, too. Even at lower settings, as SaintK pointed out, it still looks good.

There are still some issues that DICE need to address and fix. Mainly the crashing of the game, which can get incredibly frustrating when you've been in a match for 40 minutes. Oh, and the CPU spikes which a lot of people are mentioning still. Compared to the problems Call of Duty: Ghosts is and are still getting, this is nothing.

Overall I think it is a good game, others may disagree. I've been seeing a few mixed comments on the Internet.

Go buy it and see for yourselves. :)

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 17:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
So who is playing BF4 here? And who still has plans to buy it? :D

Add me if I am still missing in your friendlist, search for: 9mmNL :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 19:04 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
xlgaminglx, haven't played it much the last weeks but I plan on getting slightly more active there again :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 10:51 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
xlgaminglx, haven't played it much the last weeks but I plan on getting slightly more active there again :mrgreen:

Aaaah now I know who added me to their friendslist :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 14:58 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Aaaah now I know who added me to their friendslist :mrgreen:
Sorry, probably should've left a message :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 23:41 
Pretty useless (83)
Has anyone else been experiencing issues launching Origin since the most recent update for it? Origine.exe keeps disappearing and it won't re-install properly nor will it install properly after a manual uninstall. It works sometimes after many attempts, then when I reboot I have to go through the same procedure.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 07:35 
Community slut (13473)
Quantum Grape wrote:
Has anyone else been experiencing issues launching Origin since the most recent update for it? Origine.exe keeps disappearing and it won't re-install properly nor will it install properly after a manual uninstall. It works sometimes after many attempts, then when I reboot I have to go through the same procedure.
Nope, however, I do experience a ton of crashes in BF4 after the 6 march update :|

ro 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 11:15 
Has learned to write! (185)
The glitches experienced in BF4 where rumored to be due to EA pushing on the release date of the game (in order to beat COD) and not giving the dev. team enough time for the DLC's.
However the game has enough glitches without that. Random crashes, when I tried opening it I got 2-5 fps on the map screen. Mind you I can run Crysis 3 on 60 fps constant on my pc.

The only way you can 'repair' them is by: updating your video drivers (for your amd/nvidia card) to the latest available on the site. If you use an AMD card feel free to download their Raptr application, which should change a couple more things within the game itself in order to make it more runnable on both ultra and low settings. There should also be a way to do the same on a nvidia card, but as far as I know it must be done manually by accessing the GPU's control panel.

Running your APU with your GPU in crossfire is also viable for AMD users, there's also some new AMD software called Mantle, which should improve the performance by removing most of the useless strain on the CPU and putting it on the video card, which improves performance.

By improved performance you do also change the way the game runs. Another option is to simply make a post on the Origin forum with your build and asking for some tips. Furthermore remember to have your gpu and other components clean as heat can cause the processing unit to not run at its specifications and thus rendering you with crashes or unable to play the game in itself. (low fps, stuttering, micro-stuttering, etc.)

Hope it helps.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 11:29 
Community slut (13473)
I was using Mantle, however, Mantle causes more crashes after the 6th of march update, so I reverted back to DX11 for the time being.

ro 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 15:33 
Has learned to write! (185)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I was using Mantle, however, Mantle causes more crashes after the 6th of march update, so I reverted back to DX11 for the time being.
I see, they're most probably going to fix it in the next driver update or so. Usually driver updates cause less crashes, more stability and better performance, but that can vary. Downgrading is rarely a solution or suggested for that reason alone.
Also, if you overclock you might want to remove it or try to change it a bit for the game. My GPU takes the overclock like a beast but in certain games it just does not work. (TF2 for say)

I would also advice tinkering with the OS you have. Downgrading/upgrading windows. You don't need to fully delete it, just set it on another section of your HDD or on a new HDD for sheer testing. I've heard that windows 7 experiences less crashes than 8 and especially the latest windows 8.Something.

Though in all honesty, all you can currently do is hope for yet another patch and possibly a driver update/quickfix. You can also go to the AMD forums and ask the people there what works best for them.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 16:30 
Community slut (13473)
zXPoison wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I see, they're most probably going to fix it in the next driver update or so. Usually driver updates cause less crashes, more stability and better performance, but that can vary. Downgrading is rarely a solution or suggested for that reason alone.
Also, if you overclock you might want to remove it or try to change it a bit for the game. My GPU takes the overclock like a beast but in certain games it just does not work. (TF2 for say)

I would also advice tinkering with the OS you have. Downgrading/upgrading windows. You don't need to fully delete it, just set it on another section of your HDD or on a new HDD for sheer testing. I've heard that windows 7 experiences less crashes than 8 and especially the latest windows 8.Something.

Though in all honesty, all you can currently do is hope for yet another patch and possibly a driver update/quickfix. You can also go to the AMD forums and ask the people there what works best for them.
I don't OC, and it's deffo not my OS that is at fault. It's the march 6 update, things were running just fine before that.

March 6 update; Crash when try to change weapons on engi class on certain maps. Random crashes related to video rendering in Mantle, disappearing HUD in HC mode, disappearing info over team mates heads in HC mode, no kill cards in HC mode, occasional sound disappearing bug, etc.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 23:53 
Pretty useless (83)
zXPoison wrote:
The glitches experienced in BF4 where rumored to be due to EA pushing on the release date of the game (in order to beat COD) and not giving the dev. team enough time for the DLC's.
However the game has enough glitches without that. Random crashes, when I tried opening it I got 2-5 fps on the map screen. Mind you I can run Crysis 3 on 60 fps constant on my pc.
Rushing to release a game? I don't buy it! You lie! :lol:

Although the game was packed with a whole lotta' issues with a good portion of still there, my issue isn't with Battlefield 4, instead with Origin.
Before the update everything worked as it should; Launch, play.

Now it's launch, crash, uninstall, copy and paste content from .zip file into Origin folder, wait for it to update, watch it probably crash again, repeat as necessary. Finally, play.

Last edited by Quantum Grape on 17 Mar 2014, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 16:21 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
disappearing HUD in HC mode, disappearing info over team mates heads in HC mode, no kill cards in HC mode
I think that's part of HC :ugly: , I've played HC like this since the release of the game atleast

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 16:25 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
disappearing HUD in HC mode, disappearing info over team mates heads in HC mode, no kill cards in HC mode
I think that's part of HC :ugly: , I've played HC like this since the release of the game atleast
No, you always see friendly player info and killcards (just no kill cam), also you see some stuff in your HUD but I can't recall what exactly at the moment, but it just displays nothing at all. It's deffo a bug.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 17:10 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
No, you always see friendly player info and killcards (just no kill cam), also you see some stuff in your HUD but I can't recall what exactly at the moment, but it just displays nothing at all. It's deffo a bug.

Hm.. weird, I could swear I've never seen player info and kill info in HC mode, nor could you see a map.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 17:40 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Hm.. weird, I could swear I've never seen player info and kill info in HC mode, nor could you see a map.
You are right, you don't see a map. However, you do see a kill card (who killed you with what weapon).

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 19:44 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

I couldn't remember what the HUD showed in HC mode, so I went to check it out.... It's the ticket score and the flags that are being owned or taken by the enemy in the left bottom.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 20:58 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I couldn't remember what the HUD showed in HC mode, so I went to check it out.... It's the ticket score and the flags that are being owned or taken by the enemy in the left bottom.

I am not sure how many servers you've played HC on, but settings can be changed by the person who owns the server, also including nametags and possibly killtagging.
http://www.nononsensegamers.com/forums/ ... iled.3588/

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 21:08 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

I am not sure how many servers you've played HC on, but settings can be changed by the person who owns the server, also including nametags and possibly killtagging.
http://www.nononsensegamers.com/forums/ ... iled.3588/
Every single HC server I've played on it always shows the remaining tickets, regardless of other settings.

Anyway, it does show it, until it bugs out along with all the other stuff!

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 21:17 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Every single HC server I've played on it always shows the remaining tickets, regardless of other settings.

Hmm.. odd. Just another EA thing they'll have to fix then I guess, just like the sound bug on the last update, which seems to be fixed now.. For me at least :ugly: .

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 21:31 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Hmm.. odd. Just another EA thing they'll have to fix then I guess, just like the sound bug on the last update, which seems to be fixed now.. For me at least :ugly: .
There is still a very rare sound bug. I have no idea what it's conditions are, but it happened once since the march 6 update to me. Not too bothering, but I need to reboot BF4 to get my sound back.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 22:05 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
There is still a very rare sound bug. I have no idea what it's conditions are, but it happened once since the march 6 update to me. Not too bothering, but I need to reboot BF4 to get my sound back.
Ah. For me it would just suddenly go quiet and it'd come back after the round had ended, didn't really bother me a lot though.