Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:16

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: server population
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 22:00 
Illiterate (8)
I've revently come back to minecraft and me and sniperuins were wondering why the minecraft servers smp and cmp are almost always empty? :?

nl 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 22:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
School is the answer. Always.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

fi 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2013, 02:09 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
frankwj1 wrote:
School is the answer. Always.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
And work.

Sent from my magical penis using my psychic powers.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
 Post subject: Re: server population
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2013, 02:31 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
The servers are empty not just from school and work, but also because a lot of our old players are moving on. I've been told by Patogy that he will no longer be around MC due to studies and other personal things. Please feel free to invite your friends to come along and play, we need to start building up our server playerbase again.

We have been looking at trying to advertise, but there have been some issues. Planet Minecraft [PMC] (http://tinyurl.com/SpAmcPMC) is alright, however it seems to have a lot of DNS issues and go down often. We also have a thread on Minecraft Forums [MCF] (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191 ... attacknet/) and have tried several voting sites. The issue we have with all of these is that we need people to be posting/voting/Giving diamonds. I mentioned both PMC and Minecraft Forums in a specific thread a while ago asking people to give diamonds and post on the MCF thread but there was little to no response.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2013, 03:30 
Geek (733)
I commented on the PMC post, but until the past few days had been unsuccessful at finding the MCF page. I'll get on there at some point, and comment. I am also on the servers a couple hours a day usually, but besides a few new people who leave pretty quickly, it does seem pretty empty. :5:

cz 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2013, 11:57 
Pretty useless (63)
@[SpA]mbl111 And why not add our servers here: http://servers.minecraftforum.net/servers

au 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2013, 16:55 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Went and had a look into it. Spent a good 30 minutes trying to get it to work. However our server already seems added and I can't claim it no matter what I tried. Although I am more than happy to try stuff if you guys think of something :D

On another note, I think it would be a good idea to ask our current/new players (even if they are not around for long) about where they found our server and where they look when trying to find servers.

Also thanks for the support on the MCF post, and all the support you guys are putting in here. I really appreciate it :5:

us 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2013, 18:04 
Likes to type... (247)
I plan on being more active in FTB, SMP, and CMP as I have just started to get back into MC on the PC if that helps at all.

<+Aadolf> Obama isn't gay, Obama is homo.
<+Aadolf> Black people resemble horses.
<+Aadolf> Obama is a horse

us 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2013, 18:15 
Geek (733)
Whenever new people come on I always ask where they found us at. I have seen responses from "I found you on the most popular minecraft server app for iOS," to "On some random minecraft servers page." We do get a lot of new people still, it's just they never come on at a time when others are on, so they grief on CMP and get themselves banned, or just simply leave never to be seen again. Hopefully if we can spread the word about our servers to more and more places, we can continue building up the population.