Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:24

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 07:04 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
For those of you who don't already have the game this is a great time to pick it up on Steam. Personally what I've seen from the game is fast-paced gameplay with very interesting weapon choices. At any rate a very fun game.

Here's what they had to say about it on their website:
Quote:
We're proud to announce that Quake Live is now available as a Free to Play game on Steam. We've seen an explosion of new players on the servers in the past couple of days, and are thrilled a whole new audience is now able to experience the joy of fast arena shooters. We don't have much else to say on the matter, besides hop in and check out all the game types through the Team Combat and Variety Pack playlists!

Existing players can use the Steam version by visiting the store page. Porting your existing account over is a one way process; after linking your account to Steam you will not be able to use the old standalone launcher.
Feel free to check it out!

Edit:
Originally I remembered the game not being free but apparently I was wrong, either way it's on Steam now! :ugly:

fi 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 12:13 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Well now, that only took... What, six years? :ugly:
Tried it a long time ago, didn't really fancy it back then. It was like Quake III Arena, just a clusterfuck of spam.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 20:05 
Pretty useless (83)
I expect I'll download this. I used to play it back in the day. Not a lot though, as I was more of an Unreal Tournament fan.

us 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2014, 02:58 
Quantum Grape wrote:
I expect I'll download this. I used to play it back in the day. Not a lot though, as I was more of an Unreal Tournament fan.
Cool thing is that it's just basically using steam as the launcher, so all your stuff carries over.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2014, 03:02 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Will be up for some games.

us 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2014, 16:22 
Geek (733)
Downloaded it. I'll play some if we can get enough people together.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2014, 16:29 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Quake Live is the bomb, I used to play duels with Pinky all the time. Don't think I'll be in a position to play it for a while but hopefully I'll give you guys a game sometime :5:

us 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2014, 16:36 
I've gotten to play a couple games of it now and it's quite fun. I'm up to a community game if someone wants to organize it :lol: