Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:25

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2008, 10:32 
Community slut (13473)
Today we've updated sourcemod to version 1.0.1.2084.

We've also updated the suddendeath melee plugin. It should now be more or less free of bugs.

(edit: an unexpected feature showed up. I compiled the plugin with class setting 'random', being under the impression it would select 1 random class for everyone. It turns out that it doesn't do that, but it gives each person a random class, so you got medics, scouts, soldiers etc at the same time. I'll look into how to fix this)

Also our new bansystem got released. The one we had installed to replace sourcebans, also turned out to be buggy and not working most of the time. Demm then decided to do a re-write of the entire ban system. So we now got our own implementation. (Lacop is working on changing the forum banlist to read from the new ban tables).

If you notice any bugs which were not there before this update, please notify us.

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2008, 12:28 
Has no REAL life! (1306)
nice work

sk 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2008, 12:29 
Geek (757)
banlist updated

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 11:49 
Community slut (13473)
Suddendeath melee has been updated again. No known bugs this time. So anything possibly broken should be reported.

de 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 12:27 
Geek (640)
hmh dunno but I reported demm that when you type "nextmap" it is only shown to you(the next map).

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 12:32 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
I did actually like the random melee character for each person...I think its quite fun all being different. There might obviously be an unfair advantage between some character classes but not much...and its random so next time you could be the better melee character

se 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 12:35 
Doesn't get out much (379)
I actually agree with nutty, melee mod is total chaos anyway, so added randomness = good times :lol:

de 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 12:46 
Geek (640)
yeah I'm for random melee as well :) pretty funny <3

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 13:15 
Community slut (13473)
i'll see if we can add the random modes in between aswell.

On the 'nextmap' issue, this has been fixed aswell.

bg 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 16:14 
Doesn't get out much (355)
Haven't seen the random, but it must be fun :D

no 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2008, 19:33 
Hammy's successor (1458)
yeah lets do random, possible to add spy and engineer to the melee mod? :)

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 11:53 
Has no REAL life! (1306)
[SpA]FuckTastic wrote:
yeah lets do random, possible to add spy and engineer to the melee mod? :)
spy and engineer are already in this new meelee mode :18

should be cool to have all the same class the one time, and all different the other :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 12:01 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I don't know, when the bug was there and we had mixed melee... a lot of the players were not liking it. Or at least quite a few expressed displeasure with it.

I'm not too fond of it either. Not only could I spawn as a lowly engineer fighting a heavy, but where in normal melee sd mode you always at least had a "fair" chance against your opponent... in mixed you don't in my opinion. I want a fair chance in SD mode, some classes are just better at melee then others and I'd rather have everyone being the same class because of that

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 12:29 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
I don't know, when the bug was there and we had mixed melee... a lot of the players were not liking it. Or at least quite a few expressed displeasure with it.

I'm not too fond of it either. Not only could I spawn as a lowly engineer fighting a heavy, but where in normal melee sd mode you always at least had a "fair" chance against your opponent... in mixed you don't in my opinion. I want a fair chance in SD mode, some classes are just better at melee then others and I'd rather have everyone being the same class because of that
It was a bug which was fixed. But we're looking into re-introducing the mix mode in the normal random mode. So every once and a while you all play a mixed class.

gr 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 13:49 
Geek (611)
I liked the sd mode when everyone was demoman with only stickies :twisted: