Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:02

All times are UTC+02:00

dk 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 14:46 
Geek (877)
Here's some suggestions i'm sure you'll all hate, but im gonna post it anyway :P

#1: Auto-melee-mode when a server only has less than 7-10 players in it.
(Often, in the mornings when we fill up the server we usually do melee, but when new people comes they get confused, and confuse the others, and quickly ruin the fun).
People should be notists that it's NOT a constant melee server, but it will only last until over 7-10 ppl have joined.

#2: Melee on SpApoints-command. Pay an amount of SpAPoints, and the server will begin a melee round in a couple of minutes.
(I know this might give a bit problems at weapons still lying around, and about people should get killed and then respawn without shooting-weapons or imidiatly loose shooting-weapons, i don't know.) <---SCREW THIS

Let me know whatcha all think.

Last edited by [SpA]TheWeirdo on 12 Jul 2008, 20:53, edited 2 times in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 14:50 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
futti, first batter wrote:
I agree lately we've always been doing melee when it gets filled.. so when a certain ammount gets in it switches over to normal play.. maybe reset round?
buying melee.. I'm not sure.. I don't like it at first impression :S

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 16:54 
Has no REAL life! (1306)
i think it's a pretty cool idee. if it's posible to implement

se 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 19:41 
Doesn't get out much (335)
personally, I hate it 8)

dk 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 22:47 
Geek (877)
[SpA]Pip wrote:
personally, I hate it 8)
Ofcorse, it's a tastes opinion but most people (well, everyone i've ever met) like it when we fill up the server.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 23:03 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
[SpA]TheWeirdo wrote:
[SpA]Pip wrote:
personally, I hate it 8)
Ofcorse, it's a tastes opinion but most people (well, everyone i've ever met) like it when we fill up the server.
yeah, but I haven't seen pip help fill servers.. it's always the same people and I say we have this plugin ^_~
Haven't seen anybody complain... in fact.. I've seen people ask for longer melee play xDD

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 08:59 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
I like the first idea as im on early morning and its abit pointless either defending a point 1 vs 2 or just running as scouts to see who can cap the points the quickest.

Second idea, not really :mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 22:47 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
[SpA]Nutty82uk wrote:
I like the first idea as im on early morning and its abit pointless either defending a point 1 vs 2 or just running as scouts to see who can cap the points the quickest.

Second idea, not really :mrgreen:
+1 :mrgreen:
Or then you could vote for it so it wouldent be automatic.

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

fi 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 23:42 
Doesn't get out much (389)
First one is alright, but the second would be annoying as hell. My 2 cents.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 09:20 
Has learned to write! (188)
It might be an idea as a filler, yet I am not very font of doing merely melee, although sometimes very funny, I mostly don't see the sudden death as part of game any more, but more like, just get over with it so we can continue the next round.

So personally I don't think a melee mode would be any good, and an actual 'buy a melee' round would be not a good idea at all.

First because of the fact that if you do so, 'should every body be killed and then start over in melee', mode. Or if they 'respawn' should they get melee weapens... but then someone with weapons would be in terribly great advantage.

Second I think that when you don't have a sudden death situation and you are then in the position that you only have a melee weapon, will make people go away from the servers. I would hate the idea that 'someone' could spend spa points, forcing me to spawn, or die and spawn, going into a melee round.

So to come to my opinion on this, Melee should be kept for the Sudden death parts only. This will prevent confusion on rather empty servers, and also prevent the chaos which would be involved in both developing and executing the possible melee round. It just does not fit in the game, other then in the sudden death.

JJ

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 11:13 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Me and a few others while filling the servers have always been playing melee the last weeks and a lot of joiners played along, till we got enough people then we used our weapons.. it's not because melee is THAT much fun.. it's because it's boring to just shoot at people when there are 2-3 people in the server o: How can you play a serious game with that little people in the server?

I agree melee mode shouldn't be able to be bought since we have sudden death already ^^

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 17:26 
Doesn't get out much (389)
DoubleJ wrote:
It might be an idea as a filler, yet I am not very font of doing merely melee, although sometimes very funny, I mostly don't see the sudden death as part of game any more, but more like, just get over with it so we can continue the next round.
My problem with the sudden death round is crits, they just make it so random. You can kill 3-4 or maybe no people at all and BAM; a crit and you're dead.

ro 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 03:20 
The Necromancer (4970)
I agree that melee shouldn't be "buyable" BUT admins should have the option to enforce it. I'm often playing on the servers very late and trying to organize a completely fair "melee only" round can be one hell of a challenge - even with 4 or 6 people on the server (ask Magisk or McMoist - we've been playing like that yesterday).

Nothing could be easier than using the following SourceMOD plugin:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=635538

I suggest adding it for the next week e.g. on Server #3 for testing purposes. Of course melee should only be used when there are really few people on the server, not when it is full but I trust the judgment of our competent admins. ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 09:16 
Crap at posting (49)
gotta luv the melee rounds.....but no to buying them and yes to havin melee only when server is under 8 peeps maybe...coz i agree its hard to enforce this ourselves when we get a rogue :20 enter the server and start shooshting us all and capping like a control moron :roll: even when we are all spamming MELEE ONLY in voice chat :63