Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:20

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 16:38 
Geek (975)
If you've played the engie you know how important the setup period is and how rare metal can be.

You can really help by choosing engineer class and then using your 200 metal during the setup period to help build his sentry/teleporter. Then change class to your preferred player which will suicide you but it will leave behind your spanner which is worth 100. You should then have just enough time to respawn and make your way to the frontline (maybe via a teleport you've helped build) ready for kick off.

So next time you play a round with a setup period think how you can give a gift of 300 metal to your friendly engie :-)

de 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 18:31 
Has no REAL life! (3426)
true & amen~ :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2008, 19:17 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hehe. I never thought about doing this before.

Nice one mate.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 20:46 
Doesn't get out much (366)
Would definitely make a change from players taking the available metal when the engi is trying to build :evil:

hr 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 21:06 
Pretty useless (62)
I used to do that, but it sucks watching engies not picking up the metal when it's just 2 steps from them. It goes faster if you have a kill/explode bind. Smaller maps like dustbowl are perfect for this.

Even better - choose engie as your class, spend 200 metal helping other engies and then suicide.

ro 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 22:23 
The Necromancer (4970)
Yeah - as much as I'd like to help my fellow players the bitterness that some morons leave when they pick up a large ammo pack because they wanted to show off their flamethrower during setup makes me pretty selfish. ^^
Of course I do help my fellow engineers during normal gameplay and am pretty sad that the help is rarely returned although if I start helping the others usually start returning the favors...
I mean - you can set up a previously destroyed sentry in mere seconds under optimal circumstances and that can lead to a nasty surprise for clueless attackers. ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 22:26 
Has learned to write! (188)
When I play engineer, I found that mostly it is much better to just help the other setup his sentry before setting up your own gear, as that gives you a save haven to return to if yours fails.

And yes, when you help out another engi, most of them will help out you too.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 10:08 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Most annoying thing is people start picking up metal already while they still got some metal left... that is just wasting metal :<

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 18:49 
Geek (695)
Shame is that idiots with almost full ammo pick it up/with there being a dispenser nearby.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 09:08 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (24)
[SpA]CherryRed wrote:
Would definitely make a change from players taking the available metal when the engi is trying to build :evil:
I hate that so much.

Some good stuff there. I do like it when other engies help me out.
Whats with people building sentries right next to one that you;ve already built? I usually end up having to blow my one up and move it to another location to cover more area. Is it cos they don't know where to put a sentry so they copy your placement? I mean- there is a time and a place for a double sentry, but not usually!

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:15 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
That's a nice idea. Nothing frustrates me more than me building a dispenser, then a sentry only for another engi to build a sentry by my dispenser, then continue to start stealing every single drop of metal from my dispenser. Leaving my sentry gun at level 1 with no upgrade points. I mean, surely the other engi could make his own dispenser and save a great deal of time.

[/rant] :x

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 19:26 
Geek (778)
I was in this totally crazy match earlier where this engie didn't build a entry and repaired mine so it could kill while i was respawning.

team work wtf.