Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:10

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next
nl 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 23:10 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Like Lim-dul said, there aren't any good games coming out with multiplayer.

We'd have more chance of generating more members by creating a guild in WoW/WAR/LOTRO than by looking at the crap games that are coming out for the PC in the next 6 months.

/shrug

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 23:15 
Nerdish, tbh. (416)
Mario kart

ro 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 23:57 
The Necromancer (4970)
Quote:
We'd have more chance of generating more members by creating a guild in WoW/WAR/LOTRO than by looking at the crap games that are coming out for the PC in the next 6 months.
Well, in that case we should mind what SaintK said about Trackmania - I don't think MMORPGs fit into the profile of SpA either... From what I gather many people DO have the time to play them BUT other people are too busy to play anything that requires a huge time investment. This is the big advantage e.g. FPS shooters have - you can play for like 15 minutes at a time and nevertheless enjoy the experience.

Also, postponing the votes this month shows, I guess, that Bucky and Saint or SpA in general are not DESPERATELY seeking new members - it's basically quality over quantity. ^^
Quote:
Mario kart
Hell yeah! ^^
Ignore what I said about racing games earlier. :-P

pt 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 00:12 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (146)
gta IV? its suposed to be coming out november the 21st

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 00:37 
The Necromancer (4970)
Will it require dedicated servers? I don't think so...

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 07:33 
Geek (877)
How about the mario kart HL2 mod that we're supporting?

..when it'll be out :)

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 08:11 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]TheWeirdo wrote:
How about the mario kart HL2 mod that we're supporting?

..when it'll be out :)

We'll deffo host it, allthought it can take several months more before a playable release is out

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 09:16 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
It was typed in a joking matter :|

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 09:40 
SpA Fookah (4459)
i'm not a fan of gta, it bores the fuck out of me. Next to that I guess you won't be having dedi servers for it.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 09:52 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
how about jedi academy, i know that game is a few years old, but multiplayer owns.. i dont know how many ppl still play that. but you can use lightsabers so who cares :P

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 15:14 
The Necromancer (4970)
No old games. ^^

Considering there's nothing to look forward to we could consider already released titles - just recent ones.

Unreal Tournament III
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Call of Duty 4

How about one of these?

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 15:43 
SpA Fookah (4459)
told ya, no old games.
Ut3, not even popular anymore, it's already out for a year now?
ET was another problem, can't remember what it was
COD4, i'm for, but as i said, this game is out already for quite a while, you'll have to compete with every other server out there. We had our cod4 server for a while, didn't work out well as only a few of the community had the game.

Does anyone have any info on farcry 2, how the multiplayer will be. Deathmatch and teamdeathmatch? Probably no teamwork in squads like in bf2.
Crysis 2?
And I think I still don't know how the multiplayer is managed in stalker clear sky. I think the problem with this one was that you could only play with 4 players max in coop style.

Been taking a look at cod4 as it caught my attention when it came out. It always was a game that seemed very cool, very much multiplayer, etc.
Are there ppl willing to buy the game and try to get this going? Cuz it's not even worth thinking about hosting it while we have only 2 or 3 players willing to play it.
Check out the movie : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27308.html
Is there anyone out there who happens to have the game? Maybe even willing to lend it to saint or me to check it out?

de 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 18:17 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
One newer fps game coming in my mind is "Crysis: Wars" (the mp-thingy coming with Warhead) which was just released... but I don't have it and I won't buy it.

@CoD: Don't like the complete CoD-series.

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 18:24 
The Necromancer (4970)
Bucky - forget multiplayer in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in general - this is THE part of the game that makes all its weaknesses visible the most.

Crysis 2 - whoa - these are some long term plans for sure. ^^

Yeah, I know that UT3 faded into oblivion quite quickly, which is a shame really. It wasn't that bad and it ran incredibly smoothly considering the graphics BUT the fancy graphics also obscured the gameplay a bit...

ET:QW - no idea - I don't like it and won't play it anyway, just a random proposal. ;-)

Ah yes, Far Cry 2 - I skipped this one since I don't have any info on the multiplayer but I can't imagine that it will be anything "community spawning".

As to CoD 4 Bart_g (the bastard player from hell) is an avid online player from what I gather - I could ask him. I only had brief exposure to CoD 4 since, while I respect it from a "professional" point of view, I simply couldn't get into it.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 21:39 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
No old games. ^^

Considering there's nothing to look forward to we could consider already released titles - just recent ones.

Unreal Tournament III
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Call of Duty 4

How about one of these?
Well I only have Call of Duty 4 on a *ahem* not so legal *ahem* copy, but if you guys hosted it I'd buy the full game.

fi 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 22:08 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
I would like to see SpA supporting Day of Defeat it is a really good game if you learn to play it :D

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

no 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 02:29 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
yapp sorry... I only do Day of defeat source other than TF2 :P

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 11:28 
Crap at posting (31)
Hidden: Source (HL2 mod, for those that haven't played it think Predator but in an urban environment, preferable server settings: Pig stick on, weighted bombs, 3:00+ round limit)

World in Conlfict - all maps in rotation not just 1 map or 1 sort of map.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky - after another patch or two. And make the numbers at least close to being right, no more 32 player FFA on a map meant for 8 people max.

Call of Duty 4 - If you can get the SPA points systme into COD4 it would rock.

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 14:52 
SpA Fookah (4459)
how bout changing cod4 for cod5?

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 14:56 
Community slut (13473)
2000AD wrote:
Hidden: Source (HL2 mod, for those that haven't played it think Predator but in an urban environment, preferable server settings: Pig stick on, weighted bombs, 3:00+ round limit)

World in Conlfict - all maps in rotation not just 1 map or 1 sort of map.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky - after another patch or two. And make the numbers at least close to being right, no more 32 player FFA on a map meant for 8 people max.

Call of Duty 4 - If you can get the SPA points systme into COD4 it would rock.

We'll make sure we involve spa-points in any other game we host (that is once the server gets populair enough, otherwise alot of coding is done for nothing)

ro 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 16:33 
The Necromancer (4970)
Quote:
how bout changing cod4 for cod5?
Yeah - I mentioned it once and it comes out soon-ish: Call of Duty: World at War. It's not precisely CoD5 because it's based on the CoD4 engine but it's still newer. =)

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 17:42 
SpA Fookah (4459)
yeah, read that a lot of gamers don't have high hopes as the game will be produced by Treyarch instead of infinity ward. They also brought out the 3rd cod and that sucked heavily according to a lot of gamers. The ppl behind Treyarch already responded to that that they do know the complaints, that they will do something with it and that they're further in time and technology in programming now too, so the cod5 will be cool.
I say we can't judge on others opinions and have to check it out ourselves.
I say we wait for cod5, if that fails for multiplaying, we could always switch back to cod4, but I don't wanna be spending money on a game now while maybe a better version will come out in 1 month, what would make me spend another 50 euros. So, let's wait a month and see what cod5 has to offer us.
BIA3
Farcry 2
And maybe crysis 2 are the following candidates I think. Although I'm really sceptic about crysis 2 , but it isn't based on any good arguements though, just my thought about the multiplayer mode in the game itself.

ro 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 19:14 
The Necromancer (4970)
Dude - again, Crysis 2? Nobody even knows when it will be released. :-D

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 20:30 
SpA Fookah (4459)
ey, future is ahead, it ain't time we lack, it's us we eventually lack, time will be there! :P

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 08:49 
Geek (778)
One day natural selection 2 will be finished, and then your should totally host that

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

Was brilliant fun back in the day (first one was a HL free mod)

Anyone else play Natural Selection?

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 11:21 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
MikeDH wrote:

Anyone else play Natural Selection?
I tried it on HL1 and I really got confused and quited :(

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 13:24 
SpA Fookah (4459)
to answer for minno, he plays it :mrgreen:
@ mcmoist: here it ain't cheap, it still costs 70 dollars through steam, don't think the stores are cheaper then that over here. That's why I'll wait for COD5, if it has a sucky mp, I'll go buy cod4 then. Seems a waste when I buy COD4 now and in about a month COD5.

de 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 15:40 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[quote="[SpA]@ mcmoist: here it ain't cheap, it still costs 70 dollars through steam, don't think the stores are cheaper then that over here.[/quote]
Hehe... that lovely "We are Steam and simply add 10$ to any really anticipated game for all those guys who "need" to buy games through Steam"-attitude. Even with that nice Euro-Dollar-exchange you get it cheaper in the stores here: 70 $ = 48 € but you need to add the German taxes ( :( ) to that. CoD4 at Amazon.de: 49 € ;)

If Valve puts these 10 bucks into their own pocket each time... :roll:

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 16:25 
SpA Fookah (4459)
dude, don't feel screwed, a reseller over here who only sells over the net, mostly the cheapest games and such, sells it for 70 euros :?
For me, steam is cheap. With the dollar to euro ratio I'd be paying 48 euros for it, plus some currency change fee or some other bs. I'd say steam is cheaper then! :4 :P

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 16:43 
The Necromancer (4970)
Quote:
If Valve puts these 10 bucks into their own pocket each time...
Yeah, right, and other companies are like charities and don't put anything in their pocket. ;-)
As far as I know from my discussions with independent developers Valve is pretty OK when it comes to their terms & conditions.

Note that Steam has many special offers going nowadays - some games might be expensive but e.g. be released earlier or or might be outright cheaper (Multiwinia being the most recent example) on Steam.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next