Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:48

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
se 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 16:40 
Likes to type... (284)
Yeah, that's what I do but it doesn't work all the time unfortunately. Of course you can't expect it to do either. ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 19:12 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I just try and shoot away from the pyro or kill him with shotgun, but thats harder to do when he's being healed. Crovax is bloody awesome at the blowbacks, although he's only killed me once with my own crit rocket...

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 19:13 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]futari wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
(Just look at my top kills vs. single people, most are SpA).
That's true for most SpA members though, my top7 hitlist are all SpA's, you're on 22 <3
You need to play on the servers :(

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 19:18 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
[SpA]futari wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
(Just look at my top kills vs. single people, most are SpA).
That's true for most SpA members though, my top7 hitlist are all SpA's, you're on 22 <3
I've played several times now on the public servers in the last days.. though it still says zero activity.. psychostats down again? 0_0

se 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 21:15 
Likes to type... (284)
Seems to go up and down, the majority of my recent matches (about 5 days now) hasn't been updated.

de 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 23:26 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
There is a problem with database corruption in the PS tables. I blame the scripts for being buggy. I have to repair the broken tables each time before PS can be restarted.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 23:53 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]futari wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I've played several times now on the public servers in the last days.. though it still says zero activity.. psychostats down again? 0_0
Yeah its going up and down all the time :(

ro 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008, 02:36 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
There is a problem with database corruption in the PS tables. I blame the scripts for being buggy. I have to repair the broken tables each time before PS can be restarted.
Work harder! :P
Here, have a cookie! *munch munch yumm yumm* :D

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:25 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Teamstacks lately are happening about 50% of a time, so half of rounds played are just raping the other team and pray for nextmap :/ The worst is when 10+ spa members join, come on guys, I know that you want to play with each other, but if 10 of you join one team the game is ruined for other players and certainly no fun at all :(

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 18:16 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Bartg you keep on going on about this but actually after the first few minutes the teams evened out and it was about 5 SpA on 1 team and 4 on the other. There is always going to be the occasional unfair map but everyone else (including the SpA members on the non-stacked team) seems to not have a giant hissy fit over it.

It's pretty hard to get a good balance on the teams due to a large skill range that play on the servers, I tried to switch myself to the team that you were on right at the start but for some reason it said admin had switched me back as soon as I tried to do it. Then it auto balanced amyl and after that the teams sorted themselves out. I really don't see what the problem was.

ro 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 18:27 
The Necromancer (4970)
Also, I don't think that [SpA] players must necessarily be the best ones around - not all of them sit e.g. on Mumble to coordinate everything either. There are plenty of other server regulars (from what I see in the stats) who are at least as good - or are you claiming that you're not an awesome player after all, Bart? All the TF2 highscore screenshots that you posted contradict this. ^^

Ah - and let's not forget the previous Community vs SpA match (not the last one), in which our community got their asses handed to them...

Remember that only a few players from SpA play TF2 competitively - the others are simply normal players wearing a tag so evaluating team-stacking is a much more complicated matter than just a question of how many SpAs are on one team or another.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 19:01 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
Also, I don't think that [SpA] players must necessarily be the best ones around - not all of them sit e.g. on Mumble to coordinate everything either. There are plenty of other server regulars (from what I see in the stats) who are at least as good - or are you claiming that you're not an awesome player after all, Bart? All the TF2 highscore screenshots that you posted contradict this. ^^

Ah - and let's not forget the previous Community vs SpA match (not the last one), in which our community got their asses handed to them...

Remember that only a few players from SpA play TF2 competitively - the others are simply normal players wearing a tag so evaluating team-stacking is a much more complicated matter than just a question of how many SpAs are on one team or another.
Exactly.

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 11:31 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
You know whats best when filling up the server having 4 spa people on one team and 1 spa member and two others on the other team. THAT IS SO MUCH FFING FUN

/sarcasm off

Next time use your flipping eyeballs before you press autojoin team.

Thats also one of the reasons stacks appear, people should just use the tab function and make sure you dont get something like the above
Yes the people who autoteam are just as guilty to the stacks.

dk 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 11:47 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
stop whining people, at what point did it become unapropriate to play with your buddies? should we all feel guilty cause we want to play side by side with those people we like?

it's a game where FUN is the central element, so please keep it that way, I can't stand people who whines like bitches just because I want to play with my friends.....

stop being lame, and start play the game!

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 12:03 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]Mint wrote:
stop whining people, at what point did it become unapropriate to play with your buddies? should we all feel guilty cause we want to play side by side with those people we like?

it's a game where FUN is the central element, so please keep it that way, I can't stand people who whines like bitches just because I want to play with my friends.....

You know, i just realized that I can't get worked up about this anymore
I'll just vote with my feet

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 12:08 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
[SpA]Mint wrote:
I agree we should play for fun.. but stacking can/could ruin the fun for others.. so that's pretty egotistical of you to say that :D if there are a bunch of SpA's, why not split them evenly between the teams o:
But I stack too half the time~

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 12:10 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]futari wrote:
[SpA]Mint wrote:
I agree we should play for fun.. but stacking can/could ruin the fun for others.. so that's pretty egotistical of you to say that :D
But I stack too half the time~
There once was this game called World in Conflict. It was a very awesome strategy game, and lots of people played it online. Within a month the population playing it was down to only 10% due to the more experienced players stacking up against the newer players. I think right now the online community for the game is tiny with only the elite people left playing. This sort of stuff usually doesn't happen with shooters though, since you always respawn and at least get some gratification from killing someone.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 13:22 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Mint wrote:

Soon there wont be a community to play against though, so you'll have to play against just spa members :| , there have been stacks consistantly for the last few days and it sucks. This thread just shows how much it sucks.

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 23:24 
SpA Fookah (4459)
we could use a good team balancer yeah, or we should just look out for it to be fun for the opposite team as well. I do agree with being able to play together though. As soon as ppl see it ain't fair anymore, there should be done something about it.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 00:15 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
The thing is the game is so easy to change, me and crovax have been playing quite a lot the last few days, everytime we try play less dangerous classes like spy/sniper the team gets owned, then we switch to soldier/medic combo and then people complain about the stack because we kill loads... We want to be able to play support classes but whenever we do the team gets obliterated, unless the other team sucks more. There isn't really a good way to balance it, and also SpA members aren't the deciding factor due to the skill range of the community and clan. (Frosty can vouch for this when we did the engineer thing on gravelpit).

Also is it impossible to disable stats for people who don't want it? Like on the plugin in game you could have a setting where you can opt to turn stats off, and if you turn it off you have to wait a month to re-enable it? It's probably too hard to implement but it would be nice. Or something simpler where you can just say you don't want stack tracking and your just removed from the highscore table thingy.

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 00:36 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Well, if I compare it a little bit to cs managing, the last years, we did a lot of team switching players, but it was a lot easier as you could easily press a few buttons and it switched the best player of one team with the worst player of the other team. This did work really wonderufl. In your case, you could switch the two top players underneath you with the worst players of the opposite team,in that way, in theory, it would be possible to balance the team.

fi 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 12:54 
Has no REAL life! (1156)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
In your case, you could switch the two top players underneath you with the worst players of the opposite team,in that way, in theory, it would be possible to balance the team.
Good idea otherwise, but it's way too slow with this current system.

at 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 13:09 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
In your case, you could switch the two top players underneath you with the worst players of the opposite team,in that way, in theory, it would be possible to balance the team.
Problem here is, how do you say someone is the worst player in his team?

To have the least points doesnt necessarily mean you are the worst player (you might have joined only 5mins before).

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 14:22 
SpA Fookah (4459)
I agree, that is very hard idd, but to make a program for it , I think you'd need some way of a mathematical check for that and that would be points.
I think the way I described in switching players, in the post above, it would idd take too much time with the means we have right now. If teams would be full, you'd have to switch someone to spectator, or kick someone from the server, then quickly swap the other lad, etc. This just doesn't work right now.
But we could (as far as the techteam would be able and want to make something like that) make it so that you can swap the best player of one team with the worst player of the other team, or the two best players of one team with the 2 worst players of the other team and have admins be imune to the picking. As admins can switch themselves easily if they'd think that would be the solution.

dk 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 15:05 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
But we could make it so that you can swap the best player of one team with the worst player of the other team, or the two best players of one team with the 2 worst players of the other team and have admins be imune to the picking.
thank god, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to teamstack if we implemented something like this... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 16:52 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Relentless wrote:
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Problem here is, how do you say someone is the worst player in his team?

To have the least points doesnt necessarily mean you are the worst player (you might have joined only 5mins before).
Ehm, to be honest you would still be switching high score players with low score, so it doesn't matter. Where you can pretty much assume the highscoring player is at least better then a lot of the others.

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 17:59 
SpA Fookah (4459)
and with the immunity it'd be still possible to play with your friends.

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 18:31 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Sometimes im playing dod:s on server with switching plugin - it works really nice and I think besides score it also takes data from hlstats when switching ( not sure about it though ).

ro 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008, 17:58 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Would be best to consider a player's points/minutes when deciding to swap...if that can be done, that is. And giving the swapped player cookies to easen his grief.

before:

after:

:4

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008, 21:56 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
sebas wrote:
Would be best to consider a player's points/minutes when deciding to swap...if that can be done, that is. And giving the swapped player cookies to easen his grief.

before:

after:

:4
Photoshop master :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next