Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:25

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
pl 
 Post subject: Thanks someone for ban
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:02 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I thought this was nice community and all, but i guess some people are not mature enough to have admin - since when killing through gate at A @ cp_steel is a bug or sth ? I did it hundred of times here or on other servers and no one said anything like "pls dont do it or sth" - I guess someone was really pissed of that i killed his sniper or whatever he was and typed admin_rage_kick and then rage_ban. Cheers mate, go on steamforums and beg valve to fix that terrible bug :roll:

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:04 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
it's in our rules that shooting through the gates can get you a kick/ban (depending on the admin).. and back when it was still really easy to do it was spammed as server messages..

I take it that everybody joining our servers agreed to the rules :D

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:05 
Community slut (13473)
uuuhm.... I agree this is a bit hash... I'll look into it.

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:08 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
But it happens all the time, killing sentries through floor etc, and no one seems to care since everybody do it,but if it is in rules was it to hard to write dont do it ? :roll:

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:08 
Community slut (13473)
You got banned by a senior and well respected admin (CherryRed).

As your a long time regulair i've lifted your ban and PM'med Cherry to aquire some more information on the reason of the ban. It might get re-instated depending on his story.

I'll keep you informed.

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:09 
Community slut (13473)
Bartg wrote:
But it happens all the time, killing sentries through floor etc, and no one seems to care since everybody do it,but if it is in rules was it to hard to write dont do it ? :roll:

Hi,

If people do this please contact an admin, we do not allow exploits of map bugs on our servers,

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:12 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
That would require banning all pyros tbh, since killing sentry when its above you on the ledge through it is what all pyros do ;)

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:13 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Bartg wrote:
That would require banning all pyros tbh, since killing sentry when its above you on the ledge through it is what all pyros do ;)
what's wrong with killing a sentry from an angle it can't shoot you at? or am I getting it wrong?

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:13 
Community slut (13473)
ah well, in such case your not actually burning trough the floor right? The flames shoot past it ?

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:20 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
You probably shoot through the floor, since youre almost directly under a sentry. And about that gate at steel I'm sure i killed hell lot of spa members through it and no one complained, since you can see through that little hole there and kill pyro on the other side as well with pyro ;]

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:25 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
actually, the flamethrower shoots somewhat in a little arc when you point upward.. so the flames land on the platform where the sentry is.. it's intended

but shooting through gates isn't, which is why valve has fixed it many times before..

edit: if you had shot me through a gate you would most certainly have gotten a kick or 1day ban :D
I have zero tolerance on shooting through gates, some kind of trauma I got from when it was still happening A LOT O;

Last edited by [SpA]futari on 22 Dec 2008, 00:28, edited 2 times in total.

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:26 
Community slut (13473)
well if it were me you shot you'd certainly have gotten a warning ;)

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:30 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Its been few months now since steel was added and valve hasnt fixed this ( if considered a bug ) ;)

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 00:34 
Community slut (13473)
Bartg wrote:
Its been few months now since steel was added and valve hasnt fixed this ( if considered a bug ) ;)

Ye, VALVe aint the quickest with certain things ;)

se 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 09:55 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
there is a bug on first stage on goldrush also where you can stand as a pyro under the little room(where blue most likely set up a tele and other things) and ire throught the floor. i have seen a few persons do so and even gotten killed that way :(

se 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 12:04 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
I guess they dont vary usermade maps, so they dont fix bugs in them.

About shooting through gates: Quote from server rules (Note the bold text)
Quote:
Unintended Gameplay
This is a gray area. Some servers allow it, ours doesn't. If it wasn't intended by the game developers to do what you are currently doing ingame, it's not allowed on our servers.

Things you are not allowed to do include, but are not limited to:
Dustbowl, Gold Rush

* shooting through the yellow gates when they are closed, be it as a demoman or a pyro
This also counts for other maps ofc.

About Pyros shooting through walls: I once saw a video on youtube where someone proved Pyros can shoot through gaps in walls if they are at least 1 game unit thick (in hammer editor).

But I agree, you could've been warned before being kicked/banned.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 13:47 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (136)
I assume Bartg flamed someone through the door leading directly onto A, and not through the level start gates.

Folk have done this forever - just don't stand in front of the door and get burnt If you don't like it (I don't) please add it specifically to the Don'ts.

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 14:20 
Community slut (13473)
Bartg wrote:
I thought this was nice community and all, but i guess some people are not mature enough to have admin - since when killing through gate at A @ cp_steel is a bug or sth ? I did it hundred of times here or on other servers and no one said anything like "pls dont do it or sth" - I guess someone was really pissed of that i killed his sniper or whatever he was and typed admin_rage_kick and then rage_ban. Cheers mate, go on steamforums and beg valve to fix that terrible bug :roll:

Back to the reason of your ban;

You've been warned several, times by our admins for abusive language towards other players. After the warning you appear to have been abusive against the admin who warned you. Later on in the game you shot trough an opening gate wereby the flames don't show, but the damage is inflicted (map exploiting). For this you recieved a kick, looking at the previous warnings you recieved that game. After the kick you came back with some smartass comments, which eventually was the reason for the ban to be made.

You may either apologise to the admins in question (Frosty and CherryRed), or the ban will be re-instated on its origional lenght (1 month).

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:18 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Ok I was a bit harsh on comments about fantastic teamstacking made by 8 SPA players which lead to awesome and fun round on steel, which we lost in about 5 minutes :X Im sorry for language, and next time please send a warning about something you find is a max exploit instead of initial kick. Cheers.
Quote:
I assume Bartg flamed someone through the door leading directly onto A, and not through the level start gates.

Folk have done this forever - just don't stand in front of the door and get burnt If you don't like it (I don't) please add it specifically to the Don'ts.
Yep thats exactly what I did, people are doing this since mape came so I assume it wasnt forbidden.

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:47 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
You were warned plenty of times tbh, I was playing as well and saw more than 1 warning
And afaik its also in the welcome message?

fr 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:56 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
Yes, it is stated in the MOTD that you are not allowed to shoot through gates.

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:01 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Not through gates that separates team at installation, I and many people shot through that specific gate many time and killed many spa members, and no one ever complained - simple warning that this is not allowed would solve the case, not some random kick cause someone just killed admin. If its not allowed I wont do this, but solving problems by rage_kick is not a good way.

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:05 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Yes
no
yes
no
yes
no

I suggest you just leave it at this. You have been warned for it, I have seen it in the chat. No point in arguing about it, because its not gonna change anything

se 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:08 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Bartg wrote:
Seen a bunch of other people do this as well, clearing out sentries and whatever is on the point. Totally an exploit, and you should have the brains to realize it.

Oh hey, you play Pyro.

Bam! Right in the kisser!

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:53 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Ive been warned for something else :lol:

cz 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:56 
Community slut (13473)
I think we've made our point and server rules clear here. Locking discussion.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]