Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 06:20

All times are UTC+02:00

at 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 19:56 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Sit invisible on any server for some time and see if you get any items more rapidly than usually.

I was on Arena Server #2 today and there was a guy called "Dowmad", and he got 10 items of which 5 were the super rare hats in just about 10 mins (always in packs of 2 items, wep + hat, 5 times). He said all he did was standing there cloaked and the items came. I doubt theres a software which will give you items fast and easy. So could you pls try the same (preferably on the same server)? Maybe its a bug in the system %)

nl 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 19:59 
Community slut (13473)
apperantly there is a console command to fake item drops.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:00 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
It happened to wildblaze and goa just now on server 2...they got like all the items :? They said they were not doing a console command

gb 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:22 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
just gave this ago and nothing out of the ordinary happened. in fact, nothing at all happened :p

can't say I'm not disappointed :<

at 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:24 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Another guy on another forum said it happened to him as well (1 wep + 1 hat a couple of times in a matter of minutes, not related to c&d though). He posted this screen as well :P
Doubt its shopped.

Seems like its just a super rare bug.

ro 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:26 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
3 people just got a crapload of drops on server1. I mean...like 20 each in a couple of minutes. They may've just been faking them but I believe if wildblaze sais it happened to him.

and here I am with 30-40h played and just 3 new items. And people tell me to stop whining. :<

de 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:42 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Wildblaze showed us all hats, he definitly got them in this drop spree.
Gao ( I think that was the name ) got the same drop spree at the same time.
Sounded like it only stopped because they refused to delete items from their backpack to make room for more.

ro 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:44 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
The Steam forums are spammed like mad with this. It seems a short while ago a select few got a SHITLOAD of drops because of some glitch.

Wildblaze, if you read this, I love you, please keep it in mind when item trading is implemented in the game. :ugly: :mrgreen:

pl 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 20:56 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Hmm so basically it means, that super rarity of hats is gone. I wonder what will Valve do about it.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 21:23 
Likes to type... (279)
Yeah, bug just seemed to come out of nowhere and then disappeared a couple of maps later, always came two at a time as a hat and weapon.

Pyro Beanie seemed to be the most common one

I take back everything bad i every said about the new system, still no damn dead ringer though :cry:

Edit: plus the item drop rate for everyone else seemed quite a bit more common after the bug went away, but since i only ever found an item every 7+ hours near enough anything would seem more common to me.

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 27 May 2009, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.

pl 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 21:25 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Lol :? sooo probably another update tonight -_=

ro 
PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 21:36 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Bartg wrote:
Hmm so basically it means, that super rarity of hats is gone. I wonder what will Valve do about it.
No, the super rarity is still on. Just not for everyone.

se 
PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 06:53 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
WildBlaze wrote:
Yeah, bug just seemed to come out of nowhere and then disappeared a couple of maps later, always came two at a time as a hat and weapon.

Pyro Beanie seemed to be the most common one

I take back everything bad i every said about the new system, still no damn dead ringer though :cry:

Edit: plus the item drop rate for everyone else seemed quite a bit more common after the bug went away, but since i only ever found an item every 7+ hours near enough anything would seem more common to me.
You basstud.

@ Console command

Commands are achievement_earned and item_found, takes two parameters, first being an ID, second being a text string from tf_english.txt

Function to generate the ID

People have hosted generators here and there

http://randomenglish.net/generator/
http://hueythefreeman.googlepages.com/UnlockCalc.html