Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:18

All times are UTC+02:00

pt 
 Post subject: Lag
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:12 
Illiterate (11)
Hey guys

I bought TF2 awhile ago and I've never used a cfg for it. Started playing, never lagged whatsoever and started the game once and I lag everywhere.

I got these tiny lag spikes.

I play another FPS online game on which I use a cfg and it's perfectly fine. Is it the rates or something? Any suggestions?

Thanks

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Lag
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:19 
SpA Fookah (4459)
You have to turn on the kettle and asuming you have one of these :
You gotta contact deere and ask em if they can upgrade your truck with bulk lighting equipment to compensate the overflux module, my best guess is that that's causing all your problems!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:25 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Well that's assuming he has a Tractor. If on the other hand he has one of these;

Well then he's looking at a completely different problem. If you get in touch with Deere though, and you have one of those, you should query them on a converter that can effectively transform pound for pound the excess Megawatts that your CPU is putting out. If you're not properly stacking and sorting these Megawatts, then you're gonna have lag for sure. The Harvester will do the trick with this but if you have it calibrated for Wheat rather than Megawatts then that could very well be where the problem lies.

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:35 
Geek (757)
Happend to me too a while ago. I replaced my flux capacitator and everything works fine now.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:35 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I think you should consider an upgrade, especially if your machine is starting to look like this.

threshing machines, while the epitome of technology in the 1800's are starting to show their age. I recommend a newer, petrol driven-version, if your current model is steam powered. the difference is astounding.

edit: replacing 404'd pic

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:40 
SpA Fookah (4459)
I'm quite a big steam fan, so if your's looks like the one scatterbrain posted, I'd be happy to trade mine with you :mrgreen:

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:43 
Geek (757)
With today's gas prices, steam is the way to go.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 18:46 
SpA Fookah (4459)
shhhh, don't tell him, he won't wanna trade with me anymore if he finds out... :cry:

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:04 
Geek (757)
You don't want that one anyway, sounds like his nozzle blades are broken, which is causing asymmetric air flow and resonance - hence the lags. Would cost you fortune to repair.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:06 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Dude, i have spare nozzles in the shed for a 1846 grain mower, d'you think it'll fit?

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:10 
Geek (757)
Um, I don't think so, most steam engines from 70s are using counterclockwise threads unlike the mower clockwise ones. And the standart diameter for them was 0.0002 furlongs, do you have the same size?

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:11 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Yeah, there is the rising cost of gas prices. That's why I upgraded to this unit about a year and a half ago.

Frankly, my lag issues completely disappeared when I did. And buying bags of coal has proven a lot more cost efficient than having to buy gas. Some might argue that it's dirty and labour intensive, but when you play a full game of TF2 without dying due to lag spikes, it's all worth the effort. :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:12 
SpA Fookah (4459)
ah shit, not same size, and i just checked, the nozzle sprock bit plug turner says it'll only fit same model :cry:
and by the way, mcoist, why does yours look like it should be able to give me beer as well? If it does, can I live in the back of it?

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:15 
Geek (757)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Frankly, my lag issues completely disappeared when I did. And buying bags of coal has proven a lot more cost efficient than having to buy gas. Some might argue that it's dirty and labour intensive, but when you play a full game of TF2 without dying due to lag spikes, it's all worth the effort. :mrgreen:
I used to have coal engine too but neighbours complained every friday when I got my delivery for next week in front of my house:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:15 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
ah shit, not same size, and i just checked, the nozzle sprock bit plug turner says it'll only fit same model :cry:
and by the way, mcoist, why does yours look like it should be able to give me beer as well? If it does, can I live in the back of it?
Well in Scotland, if any kind of privately owned 4 wheel vehicle isn't capable of delivering at least one keg of beer then the Police come round to your house and behead you in the street as way of an example to others.

Well... That's if the angry knife wielding mobs don't get to you first. :lol:

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 20:57 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
just wtf is thhis thread all about :|

We Shall Not Be Moved!

ro 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 20:58 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
askj wrote:
Hey guys

I bought TF2 awhile ago and I've never used a cfg for it. Started playing, never lagged whatsoever and started the game once and I lag everywhere.

I got these tiny lag spikes.

I play another FPS online game on which I use a cfg and it's perfectly fine. Is it the rates or something? Any suggestions?

Thanks
You should ask Minimoose, Relentless or any of the other lag freaks that need perfect latency to pwn hard. :D I'm pretty sure Mini had lag issues and got them fixed.

First thing you should do is get the netgraph running in tf2 to maybe spot what's causing the spikes. Goodluck!

pt 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 21:37 
Illiterate (11)
You guys really don't have a life do you?

Thanks sebas

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 22:34 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Yeah, type in net_graph 3 in console, see if it's fps lag or net lag (such as choke, loss), try and get some screenshots of the net graph when you experience the lag and post them here.

If it's a net issue then you can try doing a winmtr trace to the specialattack servers (Host is 85.17.60.96), leave it running for 5 minutes or so then copy the text here.

Winmtr: http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/winmtr_bin.zip

If it's fps drops then you can try various things, such as lowering graphical settings :D

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 22:39 
SpA Fookah (4459)
askj wrote:

Thanks sebas
I have a house on the 3rd floor and my computer keeps freezin up, does anyone have a clue?
And plz don't answer with BS answers.... :?

Oh, and next to that, my dog is white, but he started limping a few days back, does anyone of you have a solution to that?

sk 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 22:44 
Geek (757)
Close door on fridge. Dunno about the dog, you should visit a vet.

ro 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 22:56 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
haha, somebody's in a good mood (high) :mrgreen: :ugly:

pt 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 23:34 
Illiterate (11)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
I have a house on the 3rd floor and my computer keeps freezin up, does anyone have a clue?
And plz don't answer with BS answers.... :?

Oh, and next to that, my dog is white, but he started limping a few days back, does anyone of you have a solution to that?
Ok

@ Minimoose

Can't open *.tga files.

It is a net issue, lots of choke and a bit of loss. And on net_graph 4, on the graphics above with all those colors, I got huge and tiny holes in it.

You can see it better in a picture:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 00:11 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Well that looks rather nasty. I would wait for saint to come back, since I don't have a clue what you should do, and he *might*. At least that stuff gives us a bit of information though, so I wasn't completely useless :ugly:

Or contact someone else, maybe banana (blackhawk) or demm will know what to do.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 02:03 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
askj wrote:

Thanks sebas
Well that's mudda-friggin gratitude for you isn't it?

We try to help a stranger out and he throws it right back in our faces. Well that's it. That's the last time I try to help anybody. I'm tired of this.

I just don't wanna get hurt no more. :cry:

ro 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 02:08 
The Necromancer (4970)
I have no clue what this thread is about but this is a pretty damn sweet tractor:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 02:15 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
I have no clue what this thread is about but this is a pretty damn sweet tractor:

Oh MAN! Bucky, we should totally get one of these for the next SpA meet! Imagine the possibilities!

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 09:08 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
askj wrote:

Thanks sebas
all harvesting hardware enthusiasts are hardcore geeks. like this guy.

this difference is that this guy is also incredibly awesome.

sk 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 09:41 
Geek (757)
askj wrote:
You can see it better in a picture:

First, let it run longer. Few hours would be nice.
That packetloss at second node, which will probably be your ISPs router/... is not a problem, as you can see the next nodes are fine. There is some loss at mrwhite but from this little data it's hard to judge. I'll also let mine run and we can compare results. EDIT: Hmm, it doesn't work :/ Can someone without lags please run WinMTR for at least a few hours and post results here?

Disclaimer: I have no clue. I've never done advanced network stuff. Probably you'll have to wait for SaintK to get back :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 10:17 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I'll leave mine running for a day.

Also it might be due to your rate settings, since I think the default that valve set them to is something stupid like 8000, 20, 30.

I think on our servers you need:
Code:
Rate 50000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66
I'm not sure about the rate one, because it seems high, it's just I remember someone saying it was that for the public servers :|

Might as well try the simple ones first.