Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:12

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Batman
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 16:49 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Hehe, they didn't even get to point their guns and fire. I like that you can take your time killing your enemies, I always prefer waiting for the perfect moment to strike and then vanish again. Yes, quite a suprise huh.

Anyhow the demo was good fun, and the combat felt quite fluid. I dont really see why you would want to use the normal view though, the detective view is pretty much always on, since it seems it has unlimited energy, and gives you a far better look of the surroundings

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 16:53 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i tried to play it last night, got to the opening cutscene then got dragged from it to a SpA L4D game, which was quite enjoyable.
might just not spoil the excitement and just wait till its released to play :)

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 17:58 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/54109.html

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 21:19 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
Hehe, they didn't even get to point their guns and fire. I like that you can take your time killing your enemies, I always prefer waiting for the perfect moment to strike and then vanish again. Yes, quite a suprise huh.

Anyhow the demo was good fun, and the combat felt quite fluid. I dont really see why you would want to use the normal view though, the detective view is pretty much always on, since it seems it has unlimited energy, and gives you a far better look of the surroundings
Oh yeah, they get to fire their guns alright.

In the last room before the demo ended, I was doing the whole Batman skulking in the shadows thing (Very, very cool) and I went down to knock out one of the Joker's henchmen and another one who I thought was downstairs started shooting me.

I'll tell you something. You don't wanna get shot cause his health drops like crazy. So I think the emphasis is really on stealth and intimidation. And that suits me down to the ground cause that's what Bats is all about.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 21:42 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:

Oh yeah, they get to fire their guns alright.

In the last room before the demo ended, I was doing the whole Batman skulking in the shadows thing (Very, very cool) and I went down to knock out one of the Joker's henchmen and another one who I thought was downstairs started shooting me.

I'll tell you something. You don't wanna get shot cause his health drops like crazy. So I think the emphasis is really on stealth and intimidation. And that suits me down to the ground cause that's what Bats is all about.
I just waited on the gargoyles, till they were not in eachother line of sight. Then jumped on one, and took him out. Rest hears the noise and comes running, but by that time I am back up on the gargoyles again. Waiting for them to be stupid and split up again :twisted:

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 21:08 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
so it's a splinter cell type stealth game, but with batman? sounds pretty good; I'll have to try out the demo, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much as many superhero games are pretty rubbish.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 22:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
looks kind of like manhunt too :D

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009, 22:06 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
the demo was pretty good; good enough for me to think I'll buy the game at some point.

just be warned though, the demo took forever to download for me and it lasted, what, less than half an hour? hardly worth it if you're on a slow connection.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 13:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
played it, gonna buy it, think for 360 so that it has some purpose other than just sitting on my desk taking up room and my precious dust.
gonna buy it even if it comes with a load of plastic crap with it.

gb 
 Post subject: Re: [BAA] Batman
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 13:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
DELAYED ON PC for 2 weeks! wtf, :( blame eidos for trying to squeeze out as many console sales as possible :(

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 14:58 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I'm picking up my x360 copy tommorow, hope there will be no delay at local store.

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 15:07 
The Necromancer (4970)
Luckily I don't need to buy the game on the PC. *hint hint*
It's quite epic. I must say that NOT being hyped about it paid off since now I can fully appreciate its awesomeness.

What makes me wonder though - why did this topic go into the "Supported Games" forum again even though this is a SINGLE PLAYER title?

We really should implement some clear guidelines about what goes where...

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 15:17 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
not sure, maybe who the person responsible for the post is an idiot *hint* *hint*

.... wait a minute...

:|

de 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 15:33 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
What makes me wonder though - why did this topic go into the "Supported Games" forum again even though this is a SINGLE PLAYER title?
Blame the management guys! :18

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:19 
The Necromancer (4970)
He, he - well - I have nothing against games ending in this forum but I thought it was made for the sole purpose of not having to create sub-forums for games like SFIV, various MMORPGs, HoN and so forth - stuff we can actually play together...
When each and every game ends up having a topic in here, the purpose of this forum will have been defied since posts about in-game nicknames and so forth will be lost "in the archives". :-P

de 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:29 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Mighty Power Bunny says: "The idea was to make it a forum for games we play but not host."

I'm still thinking that this here should be limited to some kind of online games and all other should go into the Entertainment board... but last time when I moved the Batman topic Bucky hit me with a large banana grabber right after 2-3 mins.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
im sure i started it in the right place... did someone move it then?

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:52 
The Necromancer (4970)
Yes.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:55 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well, by the process of alimiation, that leaves several suspects... :shock: or im too tried to read.... :20

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 19:05 
The Necromancer (4970)
Process of elimination? Didn't Blackhawk pretty much point his finger at the person responsible? :-P

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 19:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah i know... I was just being a silly chap lim :(

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 00:43 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
OK, this game is seriously awesome. I mean, I knew it was going to be good after playing the demo, but there was also a concern that it could become repetitive. I can see now that these concerns were unfounded. Not only is this a fantastic game if you're a Batman fan, it's just a fantastic game regardless.

I am a fan of Batman. I've never read the comics or anything like that but I was very fond of the Animated Series when I was a kid and my love of everything Batman just kinda spawned from that. Now, Batman has been shown a lot of love over the past 5 years with the release of two superb franchise movies in the shape of 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight'. And now it appears that Rocksteady have decided to give him the same treatment in video game form. And what a job they've done.

The game is a mix of combat and stealth elements. Not to mention the sprinkling of Detective elements that break up proceedings nicely. Following forensic clues around the beautifully realised Arkham Asylum will put a little smile on your face.

The stealth elements are also very nicely done, with Batman being able to hide and stalk the Joker's henchmen until the time is right to strike. The best part for me though, is the excellent combat system. I've started to apply upgrades to Bat's and in doing so, I'm unlocking new combat potential. It is brutal, bone crunching stuff and it looks fantastic. The Counter-Attack system is worth the price of admission alone, and there's nothing better than taking out 5 thugs, then standing motionless while the last one gets to his feet then tries to attack you from behind. Then Batman counter attacks by grabbing his leg, elbowing him in the face then kicking him to the ground in spectacular fashion. I thought the Challenge Rooms would be tacked on and not really worth checking out but God damn, the prospect of a constant stream of henchman to rag doll all over the place sounds like a fine way to spend some time.

Now, as an aforementioned Batman fan, I'm really digging all the fan service. Bear in mind I'm not done yet so I dunno how many series staple characters I haven't seen yet, but the ones I have seen have been cracking. Obviously a majority of voice actors who did the Animated Series have returned to reprise their roles. I think this adds a lot to the game, if even just through recognition. Kevin Conroy as always is brilliant as Batman. Cool, calm and collected, he voices Batman as the no-nonsense badass that he is. Mark Hamill is the Joker. That's all I'll say cause if you're not familiar with his Joker then you should do it through this game. He's too good.

As well as them, and Batman's other enemies, the Asylum and the Island are also like characters in them self. If I was to liken it's environment to any game, I'd probably say Rapture in Bioshock. Which is fairly appropriate as it reminds me a lot of Rapture. And that's no bad thing. I absolutely loved Bioshock and so far, I'm absolutely loving Arkham Asylum too.

So if you're a Bat Fan or even if you're not, you should pick this one up.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 03:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i saw the batarang that comes with the special edition at work today, and unless you got shit loads of spare cash... dont bother, im a huge batman fan, and it looks so cheap... but not worth an extra 20quid. didnt see the book etc that came with it so cannot say if its worth it or not...

not sure if i can wait 3 weeks for pc version.... perhaps i just get it for 360 tomoz.

lu 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 08:59 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Thanks a lot for your impressions McMoist.
I really want to buy this game, as it really looks awesome and is getting good reviews everywhere. [demo was great too]
From now on though, I really won't have a lot of time to play it, because of exams, etc.
But as I know me, I will probably end up buying it anyway. :P

de 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Saw the Gamestar review vids and it really looks awesome. I just wait until I can buy it cheaper on Steam like Evil Genius I just bought. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 14:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
3 weeks blackhawk, then its only gonna be 30 euros/pounds... :(

pl 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 14:31 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Well if you have good gamepad for pc then wait, for me it plays so much better on x360 controller.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 14:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well microsoft make xbox, and they also make pc operating systems... so i guess i could use the xbox controller in my pc...

:ugly:

pl 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 14:52 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
If its wireless you need wireless gaming receiver, if it's not wireless than you're free to go ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 15:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
its both...