Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:28

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
 Post subject: Application - Nathanson
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 19:45 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (18)
Hai SpecialAttack community!

Some of you may already recognize me from the server where I’ve played quite frequently over the last six months as nathanson. (which is not my real name) since I registered my account. I’ve also played on the servers quite a lot on an older account with another nick.

My favorite class in TF2 is the scout, which I found myself quite skilled at. I also play medic a lot. The other classes are played less frequently, especially spy, which we all know is for lame people, and therefore I do not play it. More than playing these two (scout and medic) classes on the public SpA-servers I hope to be able to join other SpA-members in playing them competitively. Not in leagues, but rather in pick-up games and be like. I hope to do that mainly for two reasons: the first one being that I want to play TF2 in a different style than the normal public style sometimes. My second reason is that I want to play against players who are as good as my or better (which I assume many will be in the beginning) so that I can learn and improve my own skills.

I hope that I can contribute with administrating the servers at odd hours, in which I quite often play. I also hope to be able to help during server fill ups, which I’m doing a lot.

You who recognize me from the servers may also know that I go under the tag [WrA] (which has, despite the likeness, absolutely nothing to do with SpA). It’s a not so serious small public clan of friends and mostly a tag we use to recognize each other. If I join SpA I will quit WrA and remove that tag.

I usually find my private life to be, well, private, so I'm going to be very brief about it. I'm attending an university in Sweden where I'm studying for Engineering.

Yours

Nathanson

(PS: I hope I got the tone right in the message, I was a little uncertain about the consideration between humor and seriousness :wink:)

Last edited by Nathanson on 26 Aug 2009, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 20:06 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
Nice app mate, and good luck...welcome to the forums as well...hope to see you around here more :D

se 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 21:13 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
nicely done....there are atleast on here that <3 playing spyes...

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 21:16 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Quote:
I usually find my private life to be, well, private, so I'm going to be very brief about it.
Sorry man but if you ever want to be SpA, then you can have no secrets from us. We must be absolutely up to date in every facet and detail of your personal life.

Otherwise how do we know we can trust you when the bombs starting falling? How can we, in all good conscience, put our lives in your hands? A Revolution is coming my friend. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. I hope I've made myself clear.

Apart from that, nice app and good luck. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 21:44 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Otherwise how do we know we can trust you when the bombs starting falling? How can we, in all good conscience, put our lives in your hands? A Revolution is coming my friend. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. I hope I've made myself clear.
there's the revolution we've got planned... and then there's the much more important matter of our grand plan for surviving the inevitable zombie apocolypse.

seen you round on the servers alot, good luck with your app and - yeah I'm gonna be the first to say it - get on mumble! :4

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 23:25 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
We all know each others penis size (yes, my name is EXTREMELY ironic, and breast size for the females), that's how personal we are. We are also serious about these matters, we are also serious about not freaking out applicants by talking about our genitals.

Nice app and good luck ;)

be 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 23:31 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
We all know each others penis size (...)
And we don't know it just by asking . . .

But you'll find out at the initiation rites and all.

Good luck! :18

lu 
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 23:46 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Nice application.
Hope to see you around on the forums, and maybe mumble as well. :D
Good luck! :18

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 00:07 
Srs bsns first:
[SpA]Nutty82uk wrote:
welcome to the forums as well...hope to see you around here more :D
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
yeah I'm gonna be the first to say it - get on mumble!
[SpA]Migu wrote:
Hope to see you around on the forums, and maybe mumble as well.
I've downloaded Mumble and tested to join the SpA-server. It worked alright but regrettebly my mic is broken since yesterday, so I couldn't say hai. I heard however someone say goodbye, which is almost the same.

Nutty:
As for the forums, well I've been registrered here almost 6 months and not typed a single post... Quite frankly I'm not used to being a member on a forum, so I guess I'll have to learn that. But I've checked a little, you're probably gonna find me here: http://forum.specialattack.net/viewforum.php?f=74 and here: http://forum.specialattack.net/viewforum.php?f=2

The rest of the thread took a little other turn than I had expected... "But you'll find out at the initiation rites and all." - I've got a thing to add: I justed started at my university, so I'm a little tired of "initiation rites" right now :D

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 00:54 
Geek (970)
Ahoy there maty'! Seen you around more than once! I'll be one of those lame backstabbin' bastards ye' be calli'n spies yargh! ;D
Good luck, and watch yer' back there o/

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 01:48 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
Nathanson wrote:

The rest of the thread took a little other turn than I had expected... "But you'll find out at the initiation rites and all." - I've got a thing to add: I justed started at my university, so I'm a little tired of "initiation rites" right now :D
this is this fine line between humor and seriousness xD xD xD....
but, welcome to the forums and go fix your mic or buy a new one! mumble is the way to go xD

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 02:10 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
You you mind elaborating on what field of engineering you want to go into?

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 08:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (514)
Welcome! :18

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 10:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hi mate, um not sure i dont really think spies are lame, i have seen some really nasty spies do a hell of alot of damage. chad is also a good spy. i have however seen one or two really crap spies that try to come after me once ive dommed them as something else and they just look suspicious and are lame... not mentioning any names ^^

lu 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 11:12 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
hi mate, um not sure i dont really think spies are lame, i have seen some really nasty spies do a hell of alot of damage. chad is also a good spy. i have however seen one or two really crap spies that try to come after me once ive dommed them as something else and they just look suspicious and are lame... not mentioning any names ^^
Hahaha. :lol:
I remember that.
And no, it wasn't me. :P

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 11:20 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Good lucks~

fi 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 11:48 
Has no REAL life! (1156)
gl 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 12:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Migu wrote:

Hahaha. :lol:
I remember that.
And no, it wasn't me. :P
i know hehe, this person i refer to is not you, but im not here to drop names, if you are all smart enough you'll know this person and how lame they are.

you can always spot a fail spy, when a) they go as demo man and aren't spamming stickies in the direction of the enemy b) are looking at me, but circling around me to get behind me... ... .... :86

thats when u hit them with your kukri and laugh at them for being so lame and for the mega fail. ^^ :18

though i say again, there are some really nasty spies, like chad for instance who u should be careful of, though i refuse to put on one of those sad turtle shell dress things for pansies. (imo) :P

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 12:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
anyway.... goodluck :)

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 12:15 
Geek (970)
My my, I'm flattered :oops:
Even though my k:d ratio as a spy suck :p
Still I like to think of myself as an annoying spy at least ;>
Then there are worse ones... my unofficial spy-hero, Magma :O
Lately I've mostly seen him as a heavy though... but that could be a disguise?! o0

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 12:16 
Geek (993)
Good luck. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 13:09 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i lol'd then pissed myself when i saw a spy disguised as a engy on 2fort last night....

brilliant. :roll:

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 14:26 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
i lol'd then pissed myself when i saw a spy disguised as a engy on 2fort last night....

that seem to happen to often....

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 15:50 
[SpA]Cpt.Awesome wrote:
go fix your mic or buy a new one! mumble is the way to go xD
It appears to be completely broken, so I'll have to buy a new headset. I'll hopefully have it in a couple of days.
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
You you mind elaborating on what field of engineering you want to go into?
No I don't. I read the program "Industrial Engineering and Management". It's a program that's located in 25 different countries in Europe, so maybe someone else has been/are/will be going there?

As you see I can reveal some parts of my private life, you've just got to ask the right questions :P

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 16:21 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
That's a covers a very wide range of engineering jobs :O

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 17:34 
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
That's a covers a very wide range of engineering jobs :O
Yeah, there are about 100 usual job orientations for the ones who exam. You get large knowledge in math, a certain technical orienting and an economic orienting. Use your imagination from there :lol:

If your creatity is gibbed (a tip, start this program, it's really good for developing your creativity), here are some examples:
Edit: it wasn't possible to hide objects in each other. Apparently life's not easy. Here is how I wanted it to look like:
Code:
[hidden]You don't wanna try anything more?[hidden]Really?[hidden]Ok, here it is then: Management consultant, IT consultant, financial analyst, purchaser in a company, responsible for logistics etc. etc.[/hidden][/hidden][/hidden]

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 17:41 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
:mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 17:48 
Has no REAL life! (4896)

:lol:

se 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 18:00 
Aight, after some some very wise advises from a sage (yes, it's Sonny Black) I've edited my application a little. It's in the original post. If you can't find the changes I've made them fat here:

Hai SpecialAttack community!

Some of you may already recognize me from the server where I’ve played quite frequently over the last six months as nathanson. (which is not my real name) since I registered my account. I’ve also played on the servers quite a lot on an older account with another nick.

My favorite class in TF2 is the scout, which I found myself quite skilled at. I also play medic a lot. The other classes are played less frequently, especially spy, which we all know is for lame people, and therefore I do not play it. More than playing these two (scout and medic) classes on the public SpA-servers I hope to be able to join other SpA-members and play with them in matches. Not in leagues, but rather in pick-up games and be like. I've however understood that it might be difficult to find players outside of the teams to play with so even if there will be no matches I'm fine with that. I hope to do that mainly for two reasons: the first one being that I want to play TF2 in a different style than the normal public style sometimes. My second reason is that I want to play against players who are as good as my or better (which I assume many will be in the beginning) so that I can learn and improve my own skills.

I originally thought that it would be obvious that I wouldn't play on a server that I didn't like with ungracious players on it. I found that was a grave, but hopefully not unforgivable mistake, which I'm trying to correct now. First of all, I like the idea of an european server, our culture is acctually quite similar and I think there is a good understanding for each others on the servers. SpA have very many regulars, especially the SpA players, which seem tighter than a normal Internet community. The spirit on the SpA-servers are also very open and humorous, and not at all the constant whining which I often see on other servers. The gameplay is also good with (what I believe) normally "above-the-average-public-skilled" players and good maps, right number of players and class limits. I hope that the forum fits into this description, even though I haven't been active here yet.

I hope that I can contribute with administrating the servers at odd hours, in which I quite often play. I also hope to be able to help during server fill ups, which I’m doing a lot.

You who recognize me from the servers may also know that I go under the tag [WrA] (which has, despite the likeness, absolutely nothing to do with SpA). It’s a not so serious small public clan of friends and mostly a tag we use to recognize each other. If I join SpA I will quit WrA and remove that tag.

I usually find my private life to be, well, private, but I'm doing a few exceptions here. My (real) (Yes it is!) name is Mattias and I'm 18 years old and I'm attending an university in Sweden where I'm studying for Engineering.

Yours

Nathanson

(PS: I hope I got the tone right in the message, I was a little uncertain about the consideration between humor and seriousness :wink:)

de 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 18:06 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
8)
good luck