Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:57

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
gb 
 Post subject: Re: [MW2] - Hosting
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 13:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i dont like it, but this is how MP on the PC is slowly evolving too, consoles are taking over :(

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
i dont like it, but this is how MP on the PC is slowly evolving too, consoles are taking over :(
They will see the failure and release a patch allowing dedicated server.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 13:47 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
doubt it.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 13:52 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Have hope my young padawan

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 13:54 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Yeah, this is never going to happen.

They want to control the content released for the game. Primarily so they can charge extra for it.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 14:26 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Well they will just see the figures for pirated copies rising ;)

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 17:35 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I never played on non-hardcore servers, they're boring and spammy.
How would you know that, if you've never played on them before? ;)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
There used to be a hack to get yourself to level 55 (or 50? dunno, can't remember) again but they blocked it eventually.
It still works... And yeah, I have used it a couple of times. Not to cheat, but because the rank system is stupid and bugged as hell. Reached rank 55 twice, only to lose it either due to a bug in the system, or because I formatted, and you cannot "load" your old rank files.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 17:41 
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Call of Duty is a multiplayer game while its single player mode is basically a just a feature the developers have thrown in - like bots in CS:S. Come one, do you know ANY person that bought CoD4, a full price game, and played the single player campaign which lasts ~4h without even trying online mode?
Everyone I know who played the single player alone torrented the game, and the ones who bought it play multiplayer exclusively (also because the game is hardly replayable without getting bored until you fall asleep).
Call of Duty was meant as a single player game-series.... They threw in the multiplayer part quite late in the development process.

CoD multiplayer is quite good, but CoD singleplayer/coop is 10 times better.

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 17:42 
Murk wrote:
Good news everyone! MW2 is extremely overpriced in entire Europe (with the exception of UK)! It's only 60€! Oh and did I remind you of PAID DLC? I'm pretty sure I did.

I almost forgot to mention that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PREORDER DISCOUNT. But who cares, right.
Or you could just have pre-ordered the game at 35 Euros. Stop whining just for the sake of whining!

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 18:44 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Spikespiegel wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I never played on non-hardcore servers, they're boring and spammy.
How would you know that, if you've never played on them before? ;)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
There used to be a hack to get yourself to level 55 (or 50? dunno, can't remember) again but they blocked it eventually.
It still works... And yeah, I have used it a couple of times. Not to cheat, but because the rank system is stupid and bugged as hell. Reached rank 55 twice, only to lose it either due to a bug in the system, or because I formatted, and you cannot "load" your old rank files.
Of course when I was naive I went on the hell they call normal servers, but I quit after ~1 hour to see if there was something which was actually fun (e.g Bandolier disabled and hardcore mode on).

Glad the hack still works though, they really should have implemented an account system, it's common sense people are going to format/uninstall.

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 19:27 
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Of course when I was naive I went on the hell they call normal servers, but I quit after ~1 hour to see if there was something which was actually fun (e.g Bandolier disabled and hardcore mode on).
I know what you meant, though :P

I only play on servers running Headquarters gamemode with hardcore turned on :)

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 19:56 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Yeah, Headquarters is a pretty beastly mode. I also find that most maps are too small for things as powerful as airstrike and helicopters, they both just got on my nerves.

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 20:03 
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Yeah, Headquarters is a pretty beastly mode. I also find that most maps are too small for things as powerful as airstrike and helicopters, they both just got on my nerves.
Yeah.... IMHO, they should remove both of them. Give a UAV on three-kills streaks, another on 6 kill-streaks and then maybe double-points on kill-streaks of more than 10!

at 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Spikespiegel wrote:
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Call of Duty is a multiplayer game while its single player mode is basically a just a feature the developers have thrown in - like bots in CS:S. Come one, do you know ANY person that bought CoD4, a full price game, and played the single player campaign which lasts ~4h without even trying online mode?
Everyone I know who played the single player alone torrented the game, and the ones who bought it play multiplayer exclusively (also because the game is hardly replayable without getting bored until you fall asleep).
Call of Duty was meant as a single player game-series.... They threw in the multiplayer part quite late in the development process.

The majority of gamers dont buy CoD for the single player though (sp only-players mostly pirate it) so it doesnt matter what was there first but what is more important.

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 21:36 
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Spikespiegel wrote:

The majority of gamers dont buy CoD for the single player though (sp only-players mostly pirate it) so it doesnt matter what was there first but what is more important.
I do buy CoD primarily for it's single-player parts. YOU may like the multiplayer parts more, but if you cared to play CoD singleplayer just once, you would quickly realise how much more was put into this part. Completing Singleplayer CoD WILL make you realise that infinity ward puts the singleplayer part first, multiplayer second.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 10:41 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Spikespiegel wrote:
[SpA]Relentless wrote:

I do buy CoD primarily for it's single-player parts. YOU may like the multiplayer parts more, but if you cared to play CoD singleplayer just once, you would quickly realise how much more was put into this part. Completing Singleplayer CoD WILL make you realise that infinity ward puts the singleplayer part first, multiplayer second.

THANK YOU :)

cod6 has something a little bit better that airstrikes and helicopters this time around ^^ - "death from above" anyone ;)

se 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 10:57 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Spikespiegel wrote:
Completing Singleplayer CoD WILL make you realise that infinity ward puts the singleplayer part first, multiplayer second.
Yes, obviously they do, otherwise they wouldnt have done this no-dedis-bullshit.

And thats not how you make money - not even a tiny percentage of all CoD-multiplayer gamers that bought the game for the multiplayer would pay for it only to play the single player. And now they will even lose a big part of these potential buyers.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 11:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
guess they can go play another one of the 40million MP FPS games out there.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 15:03 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
guess they can go play another one of the 40million MP FPS games out there.
Yeah but the cod series is one which is well executed, and only needs a little modding to be a decent multiplayer game (competitively as well). The CoD series have not survived on their singleplayer :)

Last edited by [SpA]Minimoose! on 26 Oct 2009, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 15:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cause i work in this industry and i know that infinity ward are not solely to blame, and they are only trying to give the best possible product to the consumer, and yes, they may fail, but fuck it, the core quality product that im shelling out my hard earned cash for is the SP mode primarily.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Yup, Activision are to blame, but i would predict that most people don't buy CoD just for it's singleplayer. A lot of people who feel screwed over by the 'no dedicated servers' thing will just pirate the game if they want to play the singleplayer part, because they only want to actually give Activision money for a good multiplayer experience.

So in the end, everyone loses out :)

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
so. gears of war 3 anyone? :ugly:

si 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 21:24 
Geek (690)
Spikespiegel wrote:
Murk wrote:
Good news everyone! MW2 is extremely overpriced in entire Europe (with the exception of UK)! It's only 60€! Oh and did I remind you of PAID DLC? I'm pretty sure I did.

I almost forgot to mention that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PREORDER DISCOUNT. But who cares, right.
Or you could just have pre-ordered the game at 35 Euros. Stop whining just for the sake of whining!
Oh yeah, good point, I could have pre-ordered way cheaper instead of just preordering. Yup. That unnamed store right there. They have the same preorders, just a lot cheaper.

Totally makes sense. Uh huh. Yup.

dk 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 21:34 
Murk wrote:
Spikespiegel wrote:

Oh yeah, good point, I could have pre-ordered way cheaper instead of just preordering. Yup. That unnamed store right there. They have the same preorders, just a lot cheaper.

It's common knowledge that Amazon UK has major discounts on pre-orders.... the earlier you pre-order, the cheaper it is.... So yeah, it makes perfectly sense!

si 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 22:50 
Geek (690)
Spikespiegel wrote:
Murk wrote:

It's common knowledge that Amazon UK has major discounts on pre-orders.... the earlier you pre-order, the cheaper it is.... So yeah, it makes perfectly sense!
Maybe I'm just not a fan of international shipping of goods. thought it ends up being 50€. Cheaper, but that's not my point. My point is that MW2 is overpriced and IW should give the finger to activision and just walk away.

The immediate shitstorm wasn't enough. Maybe, just maybe, the sales will be low enough that they'll realize they're doing something wrong.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 01:48 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Murk wrote:
The immediate shitstorm wasn't enough. Maybe, just maybe, the sales will be low enough that they'll realize they're doing something wrong.
Well here's hoping mate.

I want this to backfire on them as badly as possible.

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 14:25 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
But today they annouced TPP view in certain multiplayer game modes, so its worth every eurocent :shock: :ugly: :6

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah i saw it, it looks shit, and boring.

dk 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 09:45 
About the people who is whining about the price.... The current price on the IW website lists 60 USD. That converts to 40 Euro's, which is cheaper than most new games on steam!

de 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 14:55 
Pretty useless (61)
Spikespiegel wrote:
About the people who is whining about the price.... The current price on the IW website lists 60 USD. That converts to 40 Euro's, which is cheaper than most new games on steam!
Except it's 60 Euros everywhere.

P.S.: Even 40 is too much, the PC is not a feckin console.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next