Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:29

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Re: [MW2] - Hosting
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 20:40 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Holy shit, if I use the internet I will leave tracks somewhere!?

Gotta get off these nets!! It's only a matter of time before they find all these naked pictures of Lim-Dul!!

...Fuck!!! I shouldn't have said that! Nothing to see here. Just go about your daily business...

pl 
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 02:05 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Honestly I have no idea where the hell MW2 price on steam came from - I can have preorder right now for 29€ compared to 59.99€ on steam :ugly: To bad theres no fucking demo to check how the game will work on my brilliant pc :mrgreen:

pl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 01:41 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I guess steam price tag and reports of Activision wanting game to be more expensive made shops sell this game a lot cheaper - reports say UK price in big stores will be no more than 25€ for PC version.
The latest news is, that most multiplayer modes have 12 players MAX LIMIT :mrgreen: :lol: 8) :shock: :76 In fact only mode with 9vs9 combat is Groundwar 9vs9 Image Image Not to mention the brilliant thing - your host disconnects, game pauses "selecting new host" and then it can disconnect in the middle of the map if game decides no one is good host :mrgreen: I guess IW shat themselves when they thought about announcing it before release, ping is represant by 5 green bars, where ping between 0 ( host ) and about 140 is maximum of 5 bars, so you cant tell who is the host, altough you'll find it rather quickly, cause he'll be raping everybody.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 17:44 
Geek (993)
9 v 9 isn't that bad, you wouldn't usually have more than that in clan wars, and the maps are likely smaller.

pl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 18:08 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
You can only play groundwar mode with 9vs9

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 20:25 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
let me tell you a leetle bit about guys at my school, where quality taste of games is shared by a total of 3 people (one of them, me :ugly: )

everyone at school plays COD, even non-gamers, cos it's overwhelmingly popular despite the fact that it's pretty bad.
people talk for weeks in buildup to release.
past few days, loads of peeps have been off with flu (some of the swine variety)
COD6 released today, even more people stay at home to play it (pretty sad? yes) (on xbox ofc) under the cover of having flu like everyone else

result - 25% of my school was absent today.

seriously - how the fuck can this happen... with a game that's gonna be as shit as this?

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 21:52 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Yeah, I know a load of people who were planning on taking the day off to play it, most of them are getting it for consoles anyway. I like mods and freedom in a game, having no dedicated servers is a real let down.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 13:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
So, the day has passed, the game is complete. thoughts...

Well the moment i launched SP and entered the tutorial mode i was super pissed off, they have removed fundamental PC features that for me affects my playing style. I instantly stopped playing, ranted at facebook, then constructivly posted my views on the IW forums. Now some may think these arent things to get upset about but i really crave these things. Basically you can no longer use Q and E to lean around corners, so now like those console fps nubs i have to stand out of cover to shoot.... stupid... also they have removed the function to disable cross-hairs, even in veteran mode!!! wtf, i bloody hate crosshairs, they are shit and pointless, especially in COD. so that bugged the crap out of me,... till i got to the 2nd level in SP then i was sold, i can't knock the game... its fcking awesome! ill leave it at that, it has to be played to be believed, truly stunning, amazing action packed story (do it on veteran too). It's all about SP mode for me and they delivered, i cant fault it.

Spec ops mode is really fun, unfortunatley i have 3 friends who own this game on the PC so basically its hard to find someone to play with, but an old L4D chum has it so we cained like 80% of the missions on vet so far and its been really fun and professional lol.

Now for the big one, the one that has caused all the controversy, MP. Well tbh, i quickly wasnt that bothered about a lack of dedicated servers. You see from my past expereinces of COD4, it always took time and effort to find a server that a) was hardcore b)had a good ping and people playing and c) was not bible bashing me thru the whole game and displaying quotes and gospel (which is so retarded cause the game is about shooting people in the face... not that christian.... thou shalt not kill etc etc....wait a minute... hmmm..... actually... good be debated....

anyway, POINT is that it would take so long to get in game, and find a good server, (im guessing no spa servers at that point in time) so now the new system, doesnt work that bad, i mean im only there to shoot people, its not like l4d or tf2 or what not where im invested in the community. The system works at least and you get in game just fine. If you want to arrange clan wars you still can just have to control invites. Plus the small teams make the game more exciting for me. Rahter than a dull frag fest where u are killed every 5 secs on spawn and its complete chaos, its more strategical and tense.

thats it. i reckon yes they really did a naff job providing a superb product for the PC consumer, but i cant fault it cause the way i felt after the last mission was worth every penny.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 17:47 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
holy shit

talking to people that actually have taste in games that have played the new CoD, and it's sounds mind-fuckingly good, nothing like the crapfests that CoD4 and WaW were. like seriously - I haven't been this excited about trying a new game since... the last zelda or mario, probably. be prepared for me to go back on everything I've every said about this game because it may just kick more ass than L4D2 will and be game of the year.

for xbox ofc D;

si 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 22:40 
Geek (690)
My favorite local store is out of stock and my next favorite store has it was overpriced. And that gunship+soldier co-op got me seriously hyped. I loved the ac-130 mission.

If anybody can get me MW2 real cheap-ish (just the serial, or over steam), I'm willing to throw in another buck or two for breaking a sweat.

And by cheap-ish, I mean around 40 eur or less. I'm not really sure what the price elsewhere is.

Also, it can be arranged that the money is given to SpA as donation. For the greater good. Plus it doesn't look like a tax scam on my part.

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 00:02 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Try this Murky http://www.onlinekeystore.com/Call-of-D ... are-2.html

si 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 00:18 
Geek (690)
Solved. That one is out of stock so I settled for one which is about 2 coffees more.