Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:02

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
si 
 Post subject: Re: [MW2] - Hosting
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 13:37 
Geek (690)
This just in: No dedicated servers for MW2.

Your reactions and shitstorm follow after this post.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 13:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
you got a link to the article?

si 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 13:47 
Geek (690)
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/ ... ostcount=1

Also, more integration into steam is promised (including but not limited to VAC instead of punkbuster)
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/ ... ost1217464

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 13:50 
Community slut (13473)
wtf?!?!

no 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 15:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
fuck sake. fucking us over.

pl 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 15:07 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Ah fucking shit, I'm surely going for Xbox version now, cause the only reason I would play MW2 on pc are dedicated servers, not random matchmaking.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 15:48 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Its almost like a publisher is defending my decision not to give a fuck about this game.

Doesn't make sense, stupid move on their part but I guess they are counting on the console market from now on.

de 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 16:05 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
MW2: No delay, no dedicated servers.
Quote:
BASHandSlash Frontpage
BASH 123: Pwnt!
Written by jockyitch
Saturday, 17 October 2009

Rob Bowling, community manager (Gamer / Geek / Creative Strategist at Infinity Ward...as he says on his Twitter page) at Infinity Ward was kind enough to join our panel on BASH today. He let us in on the news that IW was taking Modern Warfare in a new direction. The online game on PC has changed. Dedicated servers are out. IW.net is in.

This is a game changer and many of you may not be too happy. I for one will be willing to listen and try it out. It’s all I can do.
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?optio ... e&Itemid=1

Edit: nvm... missed 2nd page. :|

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 17:26 
Community slut (13473)
seriousely, WTF at no dedi servers?

pl 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 17:37 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Maybe they want to limit number of custom servers with no perks, lot of weapons etc.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 18:13 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Wasn't planning on buying it straight away, this has just confirmed it for me, since I much prefer multiplayer to singleplayer.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 18:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
thou the single player will be sick!

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 19:30 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Or simply make you sick

pl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 01:33 
Has no REAL life! (1715)

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 10:43 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
No reason for me to buy the game to play singleplayer :)

So i can scrap this game from my to buy list!

We Shall Not Be Moved!

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 10:47 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?dedis4mw

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 10:48 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
No reason for me to buy the game to play singleplayer :)

So i can scrap this game from my to buy list!
My thoughts exactly. I have 0 intrest in single player mode, and 0 intrest in playing multiplayer mode hosted off some crappy home connection on a crappy pc by a crappy random gamer....

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 11:59 
Community slut (13473)
reply from DICE (BF series) on the no dedi matter: http://twitter.com/L_Twin/status/4964309159

de 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 12:35 
Pretty useless (61)
If I'm a bad person for being happy about these news then I don't wanna be good.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 13:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i love MP, but i love story, characters, depth, and drama etc, so the singleplayer should be good for that.

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 14:56 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.dotdosh.com/main/why-dedicat ... -pc-gamers

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 15:13 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Quote:
With the PC, people would create mods and maps for free for users to play with. With no custom content for MW2, Infinity Ward and Activision can now charge you for extras.
This WILL be the reason for this decision. I don't know if you guys are familiar with the President of Activision, but he is basically the epitome of a Fat Capitalist Pig. Basically, he initially wanted to price MW2 at £70 in the UK for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Considering I usually buy my games from Morrison's or ASDA at £30 quid a pop, that's a bit of a price hike.

Not to mention the constant churning out of Guitar Hero and all the extra crap that comes with it. It's a licence to print money really. I think in the long run, it would have been cheaper to go out and buy a decent REAL Guitar. God knows it would do you a lot better in the long run;

*Ahem* - :65

Plus Activision were the publisher behind the recently released 'Brutal Legend'. The reason that Activision let it go was that they wanted the game to utilise a crappy plastic Guitar to play during the game. Now clearly, anybody who doesn't feel like a Rock God cause they stand in front of their TV frantically pressing buttons on something that looks like it was made by Fisher Price, wouldn't already own a crappy plastic Guitar. So if they wanted to play Brutal Legend then they'd have to go out and buy one. Luckily Tim Schafer told them to go fuck themselves, and in return, Activision dropped them.

So, when I look at this, all I see is another ploy for them to syphon as much money out of the consumer as they possibly can. Not that it matters to me, I won't be buying their crap anyway. I'd much rather be playing Left 4 Dead 2.

And to think of all the flak Valve have been getting for releasing that game a year after the prequel. I'd say we're lucky to have em' when there are utter bastards out there, willing to fleece you over and over.

pl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 15:51 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yep activision can make 10 Guitar Hero titles per year including such hits as Guitar Hero Tokyo Hotel, GH Disney, GH greatest hits from 1983 and make bilions selling drums or plastic guitars signed by Mickey Mouse and dont give a fuck about quality of other titles. I'm surprised, that after CoD 4 being such multiplayer killer Infinity Ward decided to force us to play with random guys hosting game with crappy connections, while entering menu 20 times trying to invite someone to your game. And saying, that game will allow you to play with players about the same skill as you is just piece of bullshit, ever since first multiplayer shooters came out you enjoyed them not because everyone was playing as bad/good as you, but because there were newbies to bully with knife and players better than you, which gave you great satisfaction killing them. Its just another Acitivision idea to fully control the game content dissallowing custom servers, server administration tools and of course charge us extra money for mappacks which I bet will be released 4-5 times a year.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 16:39 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
didn't Activision have some involvement with Nazi gold?

Infinity Ward should do the same and tell them to go fuck themselves, i read an article recently saying how activision thought it would be too risky and not be successful to do a modern warfare game (pre-cod4) and IW just did it and it sold like fuckery and proved to be a big FU to their fat cream filled faces!

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 21:01 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
i love MP, but i love story, characters, depth, and drama etc, so the singleplayer should be good for that.
In a shooter?

I dunno, but I would go play an RPG or something..

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 21:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
any type of game can have a story. in fact to some extent, all games have a story no matter how simple or complex.

imo, i really enjoyed the story of COD4, it was like a really cool action film, and i really felt for the characters in the final part of the last level, and it's not like there was a lot of character development, but for what little there was, was clever enough to some how bond an emotional attachment, rather than for example a game like GOW2 where they hound you with so much crappy character development, that by the end of it you are screamin "i dont give a fuck about your bloddy wife! you thick necked moron!"

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 21:29 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
But the Cole Train made up for it all!

He is epic.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 21:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I went back and played gears again a while back, it's actually a pretty quality game

se 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 23:22 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Srsly, IW couldnt possibly fuck themselves over any more. Judging from the petition they will lose around 3,7 Mio$ if all the people that signed it dont buy the game. Add that to the players that dont know about the petition or cant be bothered to sign it :>

All that is left to say is:

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 20:42 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Is anyone seriously shocked that a series thats on its 6th? sequel is milking you for all the money they can and taking short cuts as far as the game goes? It took them 5 years to stop doing World War 2 over and over and over... In which time we could have restaged the bloody war (Almost). Plus why wouldn't you make games for the 360 and port them these days, people that claim Halo and its sequels as the best game ever will buy any shit you dress up nice. Its up to the rest of us to suffer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next