Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:53

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: [MW2] - Hosting
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 10:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)

Hello, i read on another post that we may be potentially hosting COD6 Modern Warfare 2, and i wanted to request (depending on how many different servers we have for this) that we have a server set to the 'hardcore' mode, now i'm not saying this and waving around my massive ePeen, it's just this mode offers the most realistic and enjoyable gameplay. You have to make your shots count as weapons do 'realistic' damage. (I find on normal that you can pump whole clips into people and they just don't go down, then they hide in a corner and carry on) plus hardcore mode removes all the annoying HUD elements and just makes the game have a lot of atmosphere and intensity. Perhaps, depending again on the resources available, we could have at least on hardcore server and a few normal.

When it comes to those annoying "perks" that everyone had an opinion on (last stand, etc) i'm not bothered really, i don't care about them, the martyrdom is annoying but easily combated. My point is that im sure you can decide what's best for the server and it's players, but I really want to stress my request for a at least one server set to "hardcore".

:18

gb 
 Post subject: Re: [MW2] - Hosting
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 11:10 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I never played on non-hardcore servers, they're boring and spammy. The thing I find annoying about number 1 is that everyone just chooses bandoleer, chucks about 100000 grenades at the opposite team, suicides and repeats. So that is pretty much what stopped me playing it, also the fact that you don't have an account online, so if your game is removed you lose all of your unlocks. In a game with small maps you can't give people more than 1 HE grenade without it turning into a spamfest.

There used to be a hack to get yourself to level 55 (or 50? dunno, can't remember) again but they blocked it eventually.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 11:23 
Community slut (13473)
Everything will be up for discussion! We'll first have to see what the load and useage is, how it works server sided, if there is a direct Linux release etc.

Any info on this btw is welcome.

at 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 12:40 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I never played on non-hardcore servers, they're boring and spammy. The thing I find annoying about number 1 is that everyone just chooses bandoleer, chucks about 100000 grenades at the opposite team, suicides and repeats. So that is pretty much what stopped me playing it, also the fact that you don't have an account online, so if your game is removed you lose all of your unlocks. In a game with small maps you can't give people more than 1 HE grenade without it turning into a spamfest.
Thats what you get for playing a realistic game :62

What I dislike about the CoD servers is that each and every one has certain restrictions. There it's no martyrium (dropping a grenade on death), on another one it's no grenade launcher, on another one it's blah and so on. Every server is playing a totally different game. Playing competitively is even worse because of certain promods that restrict basically EVERY feature in the game and only make 3 different weapons viable options. It's just totally taking out the depth of the game.

my .02$

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 13:15 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I played the game on the 360, and never had any trouble with perks or whatever. Of course on the xbox you had 6 vs 6 battles or at most 8 vs 8. Mostly 6 vs 6, where you don't have this process of grenade spamming or getting raped as soon as you spawn as much. Problem with the PC people is that they think more = better. While sometimes more = not better.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 13:56 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well im not to worried about what our servers do or don't allow. that could be done via vote or trial and error, and im sure the dev team are trying to combat some of the complaints of MP from COD4, so perhaps somethings will be better balanced.

I just want it to be HARDCORE!! ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 20:28 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
hardcore is best mode.

small maps+8v8 max is fun... although you can push for more, having bigger makes it a spamfest.

Tbh I dont see the point is restrictions, stuff was put into the game because the developers wanted it, I say we have a vanilla server with official maps, all official unlocks and perks and hardcore mode...

If we find something thats really fucked up ( like 6 engineers in ctf_2fort) then we can change it :)

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 20:46 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
If we're hosting this game, I might just buy it then.

When's it coming out?

si 
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 20:53 
Geek (690)
So hardcore mode is just 100% chance of crits in TF2 terms

Sounds good to me

no 
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:59 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
If we're hosting this game, I might just buy it then.

When's it coming out?
10th of november

at 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 08:07 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
I say we have a vanilla server with official maps, all official unlocks and perks and hardcore mode...
Hardcore ain't Vanilla (:

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 11:12 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Difficulty mode doesnt change if a server is vanilla afaik.

vanilla server= no mods,no restrictions,no stupid sound/visual mods and no custom maps.

afaik.

at 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 11:41 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Well, having no HUD and dieing to one shot into the pinky finger also isnt quite Vanilla.

imo

pl 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 13:36 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Well it is vanilla, hardcore is just a game mode, just like ctf or domination ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 15:26 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Well, having no HUD and dieing to one shot into the pinky finger also isnt quite Vanilla.

imo
It's vanilla

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 16:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
no hud, bullets that are fatal = awesome.

at 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 16:20 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Bartg wrote:
Well it is vanilla, hardcore is just a game mode, just like ctf or domination ;)
Oh well, also true.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 10:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
If the rumours are true and they do delay the fcking pc version i will be so fcked off!!! money grabbing twats!

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 10:57 
Community slut (13473)
it's actually confirmed. PC version is delayed by 2 weeks till 24th of november.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 11:35 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
:( thoroughly fucked off!

no 
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 16:33 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
awww bollocks. why do they always do that :(

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 10:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well, nothing is official yet, i just hope infinity remember that they wear the balls in this arrangement! Activision didnt even want cod4 set in modern times.

pl 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 15:17 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
To bad all good games except Assasins Creed 2 were delayed for next year because of MW2 :/

no 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 16:19 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
Bartg wrote:
To bad all good games except Assasins Creed 2 were delayed for next year because of MW2 :/
why? same company?

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 16:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Bartg wrote:
haven't heard that?!?

pl 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 16:55 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Obviously no one will admit, that theyre delaying game because of other title, but most big games that were scheduled for november/december are delayed for next year ( a lot of Activision titles because of mw2 ) - Splinter Cell Conviction, Bioshock 2, Max Payne 3, Mafia 2, Singularity, Bayonetta, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 to name only biggest titles. They usually say "We don't want the game to be overlooked in the holiday period" (which is kinda unusal, since it was always the other way around ;) ) or "we need few more month polishing stuff", but its pretty obvious that most of these game would have been launched this year if MW2 wasnt around ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 10:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well it makes sense, sales will not be as good and the attention will be spread to far, mw2 has been using a specific date in all their trailers and teasers, whereas that hasnt been to much of the focus in those other titles. makes sense really. just waiting on word from the studio or publisher if they have delayed it yet or not.

I guess if they do delay it then at least i got l4d2 to tie me over, plus if a two week delay will stop people pirating that game, then fairplay (sarcasm)

:roll:

pl 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 22:59 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Game wont be delayed for pc, but Activision wants to make even more many making it 45£ expensive. source
In fact they just made PC and console versions equal in price.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 10:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Apparently according to the TV commercial i saw last night, Assassins Creed 2 comes out on the 20th Nov.

Played COD4 last night, SP mode again for the 1000th time :) cant wait for MW2, i have an FPS erection right now!

de 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 22:54 
Pretty useless (61)
I find it interesting that noone mentioned (lack of) customization. That was the biggest downside (apart from public play with airstrikes, nades and perks :P) imo and I'd like to know if it's more customizeable before I even consider buying it and risking a heartattack from the rage.
Anyone hear anything about that aspect?