Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:04

All times are UTC+02:00

ro 
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 01:08 
The Necromancer (4970)
OK, here you go - when I get the time I'll update this post with useful gameplay info like links to guides and possible gameplay modes you might want to try out.

For now I'll collect the names of the people who want to participate.

I got 16 invitations left between all my accounts, so PM me with your e-mail address. Other people who played the game probably got at least 3 for each account now too - check their names here:

http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... =94&t=6163

Useful Tips

1. Lim-Dul (Lim_Dul)
2. YellowGoudvis (GeleGoudvis or kleinebrenda)
3. Marmelada (Marmelada)
4. Greasy_greabo (Greasygreabo)
5. Viqtory
6. Blackhawk (maybe)
7. Scatterbrain

Last edited by Lim-Dul on 14 Nov 2009, 22:28, edited 9 times in total.

ro 
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 03:22 
Has learned to write! (180)
Me me me.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 06:07 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Im game

se 
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 19:36 
Crap at posting (45)
Downloading it as we speak. :D
Got an invite from Futari, so I love him long time.
Played DotA from like version <6.42b, don't know when really, since I don't have the old maps left. Maybe .35 or something. Still playing today. Pwning noobs with techies.

Would be fun to pwn some SpA players for once. :3

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 20:21 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
gotta love the timing of this, it's on a long weekend. I'm in! :4

got a feeling I've still for some invites left over, give me a poke.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 17:16 
Geek (913)
lets kick some ass

se 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 18:31 
Crap at posting (45)
The majority of people playing HoN are douches and I want to kick them in the nuts. That said, I think I learned the shopping system now. Personally I prefer the one in DotA, but hey. Same story here though, Chillin n' Killin. :4

de 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 21:49 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
How can you prefer a dozen of shops and recipe guys for a unified interface. :|

se 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 22:29 
Crap at posting (45)
Doesn't make that big a difference does it? It's still the same. Protective, supportive etc are all in dota. Also, in Dota you can pick up an item into your inventory so that it excedes the six slots if it means that an item will instantly be created and fit in the inventory. This isn't possible in HoN which means that you'll have to put something temporary in your stash and then take it back again. A detail, but it should be fixed.

But the thing is, you have to learn the new names for everything. Why did they have to rename all the shit. T_T Keep the names ffs. Pickled brain, health tube. Jeez.

And, I have to stress the point that there are soooooooooo many douchebags.

Was on the same lane as someone, gave him my ring of health since he had low HP and I had full. After a while I wanted it back, he put it on the ground and destroyed it. D: wth!

And I couldn't find Vlad in my first game, so I asked. Where is Vladimir's Offering? What happened, major nerd rage. Gah!

Makes me sad. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:07 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
let me get this straight. you mostly ignore the neutral creeps for the early game, and just try to smack the NPC enemies (also called creeps for reasons I can't fathom) so that they die only when you hit them, without putting in much other effort aside from sort of avoiding the enemy heroes trying to do the same thing to your guys?
if that is the case, where do you heroes abilities come in early game, unless they happen to be particularly good for last-hitting?

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 02:17 
The Necromancer (4970)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
let me get this straight. you mostly ignore the neutral creeps for the early game, and just try to smack the NPC enemies (also called creeps for reasons I can't fathom) so that they die only when you hit them, without putting in much other effort aside from sort of avoiding the enemy heroes trying to do the same thing to your guys?
if that is the case, where do you heroes abilities come in early game, unless they happen to be particularly good for last-hitting?
You last-hit and deny. The abilities come in handy depending on your hero and the hero you're laning with. E.g. if you have stuns/slows in a lane you can kill people as early as level 3 or even earlier. Classic example would be Swiftblade with Blade Frenzy + any of the above.
Quote:
But the thing is, you have to learn the new names for everything. Why did they have to rename all the shit. T_T Keep the names ffs. Pickled brain, health tube. Jeez.
HoN has enough new features to warrant calling a new game - especially the extended multiplayer features. Also, it's part of the Newerth universe, which S2 Games created years ago.

P.S. Why did you want Vlad's, a.k.a. Abyssal Skull? It's a bad item on almost every hero but for a handful.

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 04:22 
Has learned to write! (180)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
As Lim said it depends on the hero, for example as Plague Rider you can harass the enemy heroes in your lane with your nuke since you don't really have mana problems and this makes it difficult for them to last hit or sometimes even stay in xp range.

Also with the healy-type dudes you should focus more on denying (killing your own creep) then last hitting.
Generally you will lane with a carry that is item dependent but can't farm alone, so you heal him and allow him to get last hits and only go for the creep kills that your lane partner can't reach( they're usually melee), in order to make farming easier for your lane partner you should attack the enemy heroes as much as possible especially the melee ones if you are ranged.

Last edited by Marmelada on 13 Nov 2009, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 05:38 
The Necromancer (4970)
Ah, and let's not forget that the order you pick your skills early game influences their levels later - even though by level 16 you will have all skills available at max level except for a few heroes for whom leveling stats early is better, by level 16 the game might and in non-EM (easy mode) probably WILL be decided before then.

P.S. Don't play Easy Mode - EVER. It's not any easier, it's just faster and presents a skewed game where any so-called carries (heroes who become incredibly powerful as the game progresses but start out weak) shine and otherwise excellent heroes fail. Also, in Easy Mode knowing correct item builds is CRUCIAL - hence I join Easy Mode games on my smurf accounts to ROFLstomp clueless newbies expecting an easy game. ;-)

se 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 11:15 
Crap at posting (45)
At least in DotA there were some hereoes capable of getting first blood at level 1 even before the creeps arrive on the lanes. I've seen a Huskar tank a midlane tower to just fill his enemy up with Burning Spears. Huskar runs away with like 2 hp, his enemy dies shortly after, cool! Some people play techies by buying some clarity potions and immediately teleport onto the lane to put some mines there and score the first blood. Juggers spin is mentioned above.
Or you can just simply go for the first blood by taking 3 - 5 people to a single lane in the beginning and just disable the shit out of the enemy and easliy score first blood.

I usually play pretty agressive on the lane. Trying to score hits on the enemy hereos as often as possible. Depends on who you're facing on who you are. A tank with a ring is pretty much useless to harass. :P Silencer can eat the enemies mana and hp with curse of the silence. Some hereos should really get bottle and often check up on the runes. Bottle a haste or invis can save your life, bottle a dd and you can score some kills. Theres always something to do on the lanes beside getting Creep Kills/Denies. Sometimes you just have to check up on your friends, being prepared for the ganks.

Lim-Dul: The reason I usually buy Vlad is because it got such a good recipe. To start of with a ring of regeneration (2+ hp reg) or Ring of Bassilius (enhanced mana reg). Then later being able to get a pretty good life steal which also applies to your friends. Since it's an aura you can have a satanic together with it, or maybe you don't wanna trade you hereos own orb. Which was the case with Ursa or Magina.

Hope not they changed the system. ^^

Sorry for tl;dr :18

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 21:01 
The Necromancer (4970)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7B94ylv ... 26fmt%3D18[/youtube]

Electrician is the coolest hero ever. :-D

se 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 23:06 
Crap at posting (45)
Lol, never played or faced Electrician, but I sure like the look of his Sandvich!

Gotta make sure, can you still only have one orb? I see Mage Bane (magina) running around with Lifesteal and H&S allt the time. D: Saw a Maelstrom too btw.

I can't access the big guide from OP since you had to be a member of the forum. I don't wanna. Can't you copy pasta it?

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 23:23 
The Necromancer (4970)
Viqtory wrote:
Lol, never played or faced Electrician, but I sure like the look of his Sandvich!

Gotta make sure, can you still only have one orb? I see Mage Bane (magina) running around with Lifesteal and H&S allt the time. D: Saw a Maelstrom too btw.
Orb effects stack now with each other.
Quote:
I can't access the big guide from OP since you had to be a member of the forum. I don't wanna. Can't you copy pasta it?
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
Your login is the same as your in-game login.
:-D

se 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 23:25 
Crap at posting (45)
Lolz.

<- Too cool to read.

se 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 14:48 
Crap at posting (45)
Omg, sorry for double post but I need to vent some fury. I seem to have a lot of HoN-induced fury lately.

I'm playing Predator, who seems to be some kind of N'aix insipered hero. He has this ability that resembles Frenzy, where you get magic immunity. Im trying to chase down this poor puppet master while magic immune, and then it happens. Pandamonium, uses his abilites on me and completely smacks me around. Wtf? I asked in the chat why it's possible for him to use magic on me when I should be immune. They all laugh and say; "oh it's not magic he is punching isn't he, no magic there".

What does that have to do with anything? If it is an abilty I should be immune, no matter if he's spewing bugs at me, throwing a fireball or punching me in the crotch. See what I mean? There are alot of abilites that won't be considered "magical" that I'm still immune to, but Pandamoniums works. Are his abilites a lot weaker than "magic abilites" or what justifies that he can use them at me? I won't simply accept the statement, "nah it's just not magic, he's a panda lol".

Peace out.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 15:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
sooo we still doing this?

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 15:02 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
sooo we still doing this?
In a hour i guess :)

My suggestion would be, go round everyone up and join mumble for instructions?

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 15:17 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
probably will do if lim doesn't show up. where's a Polish pervert when you need one? :ugly:

ro 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 15:48 
The Necromancer (4970)
Viqtory wrote:
Omg, sorry for double post but I need to vent some fury. I seem to have a lot of HoN-induced fury lately.

I'm playing Predator, who seems to be some kind of N'aix insipered hero. He has this ability that resembles Frenzy, where you get magic immunity. Im trying to chase down this poor puppet master while magic immune, and then it happens. Pandamonium, uses his abilites on me and completely smacks me around. Wtf? I asked in the chat why it's possible for him to use magic on me when I should be immune. They all laugh and say; "oh it's not magic he is punching isn't he, no magic there".

What does that have to do with anything? If it is an abilty I should be immune, no matter if he's spewing bugs at me, throwing a fireball or punching me in the crotch. See what I mean? There are alot of abilites that won't be considered "magical" that I'm still immune to, but Pandamoniums works. Are his abilites a lot weaker than "magic abilites" or what justifies that he can use them at me? I won't simply accept the statement, "nah it's just not magic, he's a panda lol".

Peace out.
Yeah, it's a bit rage inducing but indeed that's how Panda is intended to work. His Flurry is physical damage based and doesn't require targeting. However, his Ultimate and his Flick also seem to go through magic immunity which induced rage all too many times for me. ;-)

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 20:48 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Enjoying it so far~ I'm somewhat getting the hang of it.. even though I am a defensive playing piece of shit player who dies every 20 seconds (ok not anymore.. but yeah) ^^

I dislike the item system for some reason, I am not used to it yet and I spend ages looking through the items 0_0

de 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 21:12 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]futari wrote:
I dislike the item system for some reason, I am not used to it yet and I spend ages looking through the items 0_0
+1 :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 21:24 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yeah, the shop is annoying :/

kinda enjoy this. gotta be careful only to play it now and again tho, don't wanna get sucked into any games atm

de 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 01:19 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
I think I'll start a guild for slow players like futari and me. :ugly:

ro 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 02:42 
The Necromancer (4970)
Thanks to all the people who participated so far!
I was hoping for some SpA-community 5on5 but we got some nice 5vsPubs instead and even won most of them. :-D

I hope the SpA 5on5 will kick-off tomorrow with some greater player availability. Also, we actually would have had enough players for a 5on5, just not at the same time. ;-)

When replay downloading is available I will post the match IDs and perhaps make some videos.

Here are the respective match stats for today:

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11593483
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11600528
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11605174
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11611653
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11618736
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11651508
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11660912
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/matc ... d=11667218

I'm playing as Lovisa.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 09:01 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Hahaha the Jereziah/legionaire fight was hilarious xD
It was a GG even before we really started~

se 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 12:16 
Crap at posting (45)
Gah, we got a power failure in our house. I don't really know how to describe it since we don't have any fuses now-a-days, it's just a little switch or lever you have to flick back and you get the power back. My dad was trying to install a radiator or something. T_T What a noob.
But of course my computer died in the match I was playing Pudge. D: I was so heartbroken that I went and watched TV with my family, too ashamed to come back. :3

Sorry guys, but if you're playing today I should be able to join.