Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 14 May 2024, 05:57

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: TF2 updates installed
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 08:20 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Added an "equipped" tag to currently equipped items in the Backpack and Crafting screens
- Fixed the TFBots not reacting correctly to stun effects
- Fixed the Heavy picking up his own thrown sandvich if it was thrown while running forward
- Fixed Pyros not getting the proper kill icon for kills with deflected Direct Hit rockets
- Fixed the player keeping their rage setting when the Buff Banner isn't equipped
- Fixed resupply cabinet not clearing the rage and the buff status effect
- Fixed the Buff Banner not working when +reload has been forced in console
- Fixed the motion blur on charging Demomen not always drawing
- Fixed the Direct Hit mini-critting enemies submerged in water
- Fixed the Chargin' Targe's crit not working on servers with tf_weapon_criticals 0
- Capped the amount of overhealing from taking heads to the player's max buffed health
- Updated the Gunboats to absorb damage from any self-inflicted rocket blast that doesn't hurt another player
- Updated the Scottish Resistance to detonate bombs near the player's feet (in addition to what it normally detonates). This enables sticky jumping with this weapon.
- Updated the Baseball and Jarate HUD indicators to stay on screen when full

Crafting improvements:
- Spy's unlockable PDAs can now be smelted into scrap metal
- Recipes can no longer produce items matching any of the items used in the crafting
- Added some new recipes

Achievement fixes:
- Fixed the "Ride of the Valkartie" Soldier achievement being earned by Soldiers on the defending team
- Fixed the "Gorky Parked" Heavy achievement being incremented by committing suicide on a control point
- Fixed several Scout achievements that were broken by the new type of bat stun
- Fixed the "Ghastly Gibus Grab" achievement not awarding the hat correctly
- Updated the "Big Pharma" (Medic) and "Division of Labor" (Heavy) achievements to be 10 kills in a single life
- Updated the "Ubi concordia, ibi victoria" Medic achievement to only be 3 assists

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 08:37 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Great.. downgrading achievements? Sad..

de 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 09:36 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Quote:
- Recipes can no longer produce items matching any of the items used in the crafting
One for Bart! :18

be 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 10:30 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Quote:
- Updated the Scottish Resistance to detonate bombs near the player's feet (in addition to what it normally detonates). This enables sticky jumping with this weapon.
And also enables you to blow yourself up by walking over stickies you've so easily lost track of.
You could sticky jump with the SR, just look back at the sticky you planted, like a soldier looking back and firing a rocket.

de 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 10:34 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Yeah Valve, stop catering to the noobs! :x

Even though I heard the radius is quite small, didnt test it myself yet.

se 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 10:46 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
[SpA]Mr Orange wrote:
Quote:
And also enables you to blow yourself up by walking over stickies you've so easily lost track of.
You could sticky jump with the SR, just look back at the sticky you planted, like a soldier looking back and firing a rocket.
Yeah, I liked how it did not do this.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 12:40 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
meh they haven't fixed the blue screen of death I have been getting since the patch. Nor have they given my spy a knife that can be thrown and does 125+ damage if you get a direct hit.

oh well, life sucks. Bring on Team Fortress 3

sk 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 13:04 
Geek (757)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
meh they haven't fixed the blue screen of death I have been getting since the patch. Nor have they given my spy a knife that can be thrown and does 125+ damage if you get a direct hit.

oh well, life sucks. Bring on Team Fortress 3
User-level software, like tf2, can not cause bsod. You have either fucked up driver or hardware. What stopcode is the bsod reporting? Also write down everything it says so if it's driver you know which one to blame and update. If you are getting something about memory, IRQL_NOT_... etc, burn a memtest and let it run for few hours, you might have damaged ram module.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 15:13 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I get a screen that says as much that its a software problem. It specifically refers to newly installed software or drivers. Since my PC has never ever done this before and doesn't do this in any other game, I am pretty sure its the update that somehow messes it up. I cant really copy paste what it says now can i? I just know I get a blue screen that says windows has shut down to prevent a critical error. Says something about load on the second processor or something.

de 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 16:19 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
I get a screen that says as much that its a software problem. It specifically refers to newly installed software or drivers. Since my PC has never ever done this before and doesn't do this in any other game, I am pretty sure its the update that somehow messes it up. I cant really copy paste what it says now can i? I just know I get a blue screen that says windows has shut down to prevent a critical error. Says something about load on the second processor or something.
Use a cam to make a pic? ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 17:04 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
Write down the error code it displays. We need that.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 17:07 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Alright after some research its actually the mumble client. It creates a conflict somehow if you have not got both options on directsound. But for me one of em is on something different. So you say change it! well if i do I can basically not hear anyone on mumble nor can I see the icons light up when they speak.

My research consists of playing TF2 for a couple of hours without mumble. Yay