Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 12 May 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 20:09 
Community slut (13473)
From today on we have a new decision maker regarding the TF2 servers setup and rules.

Because i barely play TF2 these day's i have no good sight on whats going on, whats required, what needs changing etc etc.

From now on Demm will make all the required decisions on stuff such as server rules, mapcycle, spapoints, plugin configurations etc etc. So if you have any suggestions or other stuff, Demm will from now on have the last say on it.

I'll be still doing the technical side, so in case of bugs or issues you can still contact me (or rather just throw it on the forums for all the techteam to see).

Cheers,

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 20:24 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
So Demm *hands over the beer keg* can we get that "Slay Minimoose" SpA-Points option, mm?

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 21:32 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Ewwwwww

Go demm, put new maps on the servers!

at 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 22:12 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
So Demm *hands over the beer keg* can we get that "Slay Minimoose" SpA-Points option, mm?
:87

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 22:34 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
I've got an idea:
Is there a plugin that limits the max time for each point on dustbowl maps to 5 min.
Combined with going to stage two if both teams lose stage 1.
This would end the endless stage 2 second point defenses and we would see the later stage most often.

de 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 22:43 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
Dont u remember what happened last time when an Austrian took over, didnt u learn anything from the past? :shock: :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Can we just get rid of dustbowl?! simpler idea.

de 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:54 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Can we just get rid of dustbowl?! simpler idea.
dustbowl fills the server apparently

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:56 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
really, fills my toiletbowl with vomit. they should really just make a really simple map shaped like a corner and make it brown, be dustbowl without all the pointlessness....

actually... :?

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 00:02 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
really, fills my toiletbowl with vomit. they should really just make a really simple map shaped like a corner and make it brown, be dustbowl without all the pointlessness....

actually... :?
http://steampowered.com/status/tf2/publ ... rhours.png
We should be glad we dont have 24/7 2fort. :mrgreen:

ro 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 00:07 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I refuse to believe people actually play 2fort that much. It must be counting servers filled with bots.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 00:07 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
to be fair to 2fort at least it doesn't lie about what it is.

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:02 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
In stead of instandly dissing a map some ppl like why not think about thinking what make a map better.
Jeez we have 10 maps in the rotation and 20 in the point menu so you can always play a map you like.
I think that dustbowl can become a little bit more fun with some tweaks other maps to so lets talk about that

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:05 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Dustbowl 1 and 2 are not that bad. :/

Add these swamp maps!

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:25 
Geek (847)
My suggestions after talking with a few.

1. CTF doublecross still tends to get stuck in overtime, whilest both intells are home. The only way to stop it, is changing the map to whatever was bought, thereby ruining the rest of the cycle. This really needs fixing.
2. Maps like goldrush and dustbowl tend to get stuck at stage 1, or stop after 3 good rounds of attack/defend without giving the other team a chance to do so. Suggestion is to let it run if one team caps 3 points and let the other team try, however ending the map if both teams fail to get a certain stage (2x stage 1 loose is next map). Someone elses suggestion was if both teams fail to let it go to stage 2 anyways.
3. There are several maps regs like to play that are not on the server to be bought. Yes some of them are less popular with the large groups. My suggestion would be to let server 1 run all the popular maps and give server 2 the option to buy maps like Egypt and Junction again, so that if people are in the mood for some extra not so much played maps they can go there.
4. There is a lot of complaining about engi's on CTF maps. Maybe instead of 0 or a shit load, a limit of 1 engi could be put in place.

I dont know what everyone thinks of it.... but I am curious to hear your opinions!
XXX!

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i did in fact suggest making improvements to that map in my post.

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:42 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
"i did in fact suggest making improvements to that map in my post."
Did you base that suggestion on the 50 minutes you played tf2 this month?
We actually play the game so... schuss

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:43 
Geek (847)
Yes very constructive argument you made there. Dustbowl is a popular map, like godrush, but they both tend to get stuck. Goldrush much more tbh then dust.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 02:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Nonoice wrote:
yeah i love tf2, and used to really enjoy playing the game on the servers, but for some reason now that i can't quite put my finger on, i cant stand to stay on them...

:roll:

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 15:14 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
[SpA]Nonoice wrote:
yeah i love tf2, and used to really enjoy playing the game on the servers, but for some reason now that i can't quite put my finger on, i cant stand to stay on them...

:roll:
I guess his 850 hours of TF2 are more than enough to know the maps and their possible disadvantages to be quite honest.
I myself havent played TF2 for quite a bit, and havent been on the [SpA] servers for some time as well, on the one side due to some NL based laggs I had, on the other hand because I jsut dont feel like playing on pubs atm. But these times change once in a while and I'm still giving my opinion about the maps here...

se 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 23:03 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (18)
Got some suggestions and inputs:

Total amount of players:
There is 26 players when the servers are filled, when the reserved slots are taken it can be 28-29 players on the servers which is very much. I think there would be good with 24 player servers with max 2 reserved slots limit.

Classes:
If it's not possible to decrease the player limits, class limits should be used. Sniper/Spy to 2 is good, and a general class limit of 4 would be good.

Most inportant thing in the thread: Engie limit should be set to 1 in general and 0 on ctfs and tc(s). This would solve the problem that Goldrush as good as always get stuck for 8 minutes when the cart is in the choke point after 1st cap. It would also make Dustbowl winnable until the last cp on 3rd stage. 5-cp maps would be enjoyable, since they don't always get stuck in the choke points and on the last point. Engie is the lamest of all classes, a class that don't require any skill to play and lock down most of the public play. That is because of that it requires teamwork to counter a sentry, and most of the time that don't exist on publics. This limit should not be able to pass with Spapoints.
Maybe you're thinking: But what if the engie on my team is a tard, then we'll never be able to defend eg Badwater. My response is: Go demo.
Maybe you're thinking: But he only plays scout all the time, he says this so that he should get no resistense: My response is: Scout is a class with the firepower of most classes secondary weapon and 125 hp, and we're on a server with 26 players. Go solly.

Maps:
If the class changes get through there's no reason too remove maps like Dustbowl and Goldrush (although they suck). There would be good however, if there was a way to limit Dustbowl attacktimes per point to 5 mins, as suggested earlier. Also, if my engie suggestion goes through I would like some additional 5-cp maps added as viable: Obscure, Gullywash, and Freight as a part of the standard cycle.

Bugs:
When you fill a server, the map that was first played tend to be repeated 2 or 3 times.

Winlimit:
Should be set to 0. The "3" limit is working in 26 player mode, but when there's eg 5on5 there can be 3-0 after 6 mins, and then there's 30 min Goldrush. A suggestion is (though it would require coding) is no winlimit, but a scramble when a team reaches 3 wins. Another is to just remove the winlimit.

Random crits and dmg spread
Should be removed

Fixed weaponsspread
Should be enabled

That's all I can think of now, and I just want to say Thank You to all of you for a great work with the servers!

:ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 23:40 
Geek (913)
[SpA]Nonoice wrote:
:ugly: uhmm okay that was just a stupid response which mad eno sense at all!
anyway dustbowl needs a total remake because now i dont know i am not of the spam fest mapps (talking bout last stage)
but more maps is a big plus! Kinda had it with the normal maps

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 00:07 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Nathanson wrote:
Got some suggestions and inputs:
Lot's of stuff cut out due to space

Random crits and dmg spread
Should be removed

Fixed weaponsspread
Should be enabled

That's all I can think of now, and I just want to say Thank You to all of you for a great work with the servers!

:ugly:
Yeah, that's not going to happen :P The servers never fill if random crits are off.

at 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 00:41 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
Yes, dustbowl and goldrush both suffer from the same design flaws that turn many games into turteling spam fests. One of the issues is, that those maps don't offer the defending team any good routes to flank the attackers. So all you can do as defender is wait at the other side of the choke point and spam. For example, badwater has those flanks and that map is way more enjoyable in most games.
Still, there are many people who do like dustbowl and goldrush and I often enjoy them too, when the game doesn't get stuck.
It might be a good idea to limit sentries on those maps as well, but I want to wait till we have completed the current CTF-engi test run.

Otherwise I'd rather don't have too many limits in place. Everybody should get to play the class he wants to play. Our limits should just prevent those extreme cases but don't interfere with the game too much.

Lowering the attack time on dustbowl will only result in fewer games getting won by the attackers. It won't improve the games at all. I'm looking into the possibilty to play all the stages, even if the team doesn't capture the point. Something similar to how the tournament mode works.

Crits will stay enabled. This is still a public server after all. Random damage spread could be disabled and fixed weapon spread enabled to make it more fair though. The average pub player won't notice the difference anyways.

at 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 00:52 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Problem with Dustbowl and Goldrush is that SpA-servers have a lowered respawntime for the defending team (if I'm not mistaken) which makes it incredibly hard for the attackers to attack the 2nd point on any stage.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 02:02 
Geek (847)
Demm what I, and several others, would really like is for server 2 to have all the maps. Maybe not in the main rotation, but at least so that they can be bought with points. So make the normal rotation on both servers, only allow popular maps on 1, but let us be able to buy maps like egypt, hoodo, etc on 2. Playing the same 6 maps over and over again gets boring for those that actually play a lot.

Goldfish I do not think that respons was stupid, it was referring to something that was a way more stupid response.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 09:36 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
badwater is the bomb

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 10:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Can we not just increase the spawn time for the defenders, rather than do anything over complicated?

ro 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 18:46 
Has learned to write! (180)
How about default spawn times?

at 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 19:40 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
Marmelada wrote:
How about default spawn times?
That would certainly be an option.
I don't know when you guys last played with default spawn times... they're pretty damn long! I remember the plugin was off for a few days once and many people complained why it took so long to spawn.