Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 01:25

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:32 
Community slut (13473)

To bad the game doesn't have a prone function. Otherwise i deffo would have bought it. Now it can go sit in a corner and become friends with MW2.

de 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 23:15 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Ah too bad Saint.
Anyone getting this though?
If some SpA people are considering buying it, I might join as well for some online fun! :)

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 23:33 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
:X

Films become more hollywood

Games become more derp

fr 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 02:29 
Has learned to write! (210)
I bought it, finally could play the beta yesterday and today. Thanks to the "hoping last chance update".

dk 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 13:25 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
YouTube video

To bad the game doesn't have a prone function. Otherwise i deffo would have bought it. Now it can go sit in a corner and become friends with MW2.
No offense, Saint, but please grow a pair.

When MW2 came out you started whining about lack of dedicated servers, as did everyone else who DIDN'T buy the game. Everyone who bought it, loved it.

Now you start complaining about lack of prone. Sure, it's nice to go prone when you're camping, but this game seriously isn't "balanced for camping". It's very fast paced, and if you stand still for just a few seconds too long, you will either get eaten up by mortar strike, or the battlefront has moved so far away from you that it's easier to just commit suicide and spawn closer to the frontline. The few times that you DO camp, you wouldn't want to lie down, as the enemy will quickly learn where you are and bombard the location with mortars and grenades, and you will have to run around to dodge it.

As sniper, you may want the feature, but once you load up the game, you will realise that the sniper camouflage is so effective, that giving snipers prone would just make it impossible to spot them, if you are more than five meters from them.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 14:22 
Community slut (13473)
Spikespiegel wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
YouTube video

No offense, Saint, but please grow a pair.

When MW2 came out you started whining about lack of dedicated servers, as did everyone else who DIDN'T buy the game. Everyone who bought it, loved it.

Now you start complaining about lack of prone. Sure, it's nice to go prone when you're camping, but this game seriously isn't "balanced for camping". It's very fast paced, and if you stand still for just a few seconds too long, you will either get eaten up by mortar strike, or the battlefront has moved so far away from you that it's easier to just commit suicide and spawn closer to the frontline. The few times that you DO camp, you wouldn't want to lie down, as the enemy will quickly learn where you are and bombard the location with mortars and grenades, and you will have to run around to dodge it.

As sniper, you may want the feature, but once you load up the game, you will realise that the sniper camouflage is so effective, that giving snipers prone would just make it impossible to spot them, if you are more than five meters from them.
I've said i'd boycott MW2 if it would indeed not come with a dedi server. And so i did. One of the few people who actually stand by their word (most screamed and bought anyway). My reason for not buying MW2 is souly based upon the fact it has no dedi servers and thus no community controle. I only like to play games were we can controle its servers one way or another in a decent way, and wereby you can build a community on these fixed servers.

Back to BF:BC2. Prone, a small feature?
Prone is one of the most important feature in the BF series. Its not required for so called camping, its required for tactics. Sometimes you need to awate an airstrike, tanks passing by, or simply you require a scout in the mountens relaying information on whats going on on a certain controle point to the squadleader so it can lead its squad trough the battlefield in a proper manaer. Prone might be used by some for camping (like snipers), but the overall use of prone is entirey based on tactics. Without prone your way to easy to spot. Now you can imagen, as prone has been removed, the entire tactical base of the game is gone. The whole squad system therefor is pointless. BF:BC2 is a game which is more a team deathmatch were you keep blindly storming in, rather then a tactical mass FPS shooter. And yes, i've played the beta. Their not assumptions.

Cheers

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 14:43 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I'm not buying this game either, now that I've learned you can't go prone. :18

Last edited by DrMcMoist on 25 Feb 2010, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 14:50 
SpA Fookah (4459)
There isn't anyone in this community who comes near the hours Saint and I have played BF2, I know that for a fact, no doubt about that. Next to that we've dismissed every kind of BF except 1942 and BF2 and there's a good reason for that, namely, that EA, Dice and a few of those other game producers have seriously fucked up in trying to make a game that 1942 and BF2 fans love. EA has talked about this and told the games that came out now aren't replacements of the massive BF games we were playing (although it was implied on release info sometimes) , 1942, BF2. There are rumors of BF3 becoming massive 128 or even 256 max servers, big ass maps, big ass battles, communications between squads, bladi bladi bla.
If you want a fast game, go play quake, tf2, global agenda, whatever. Battlefield for me always has been big ass battles, lots of teamwork and tactics and Bad company doesn't supply what we like in BF and if you look at the popularity of all the games, BF2 is one of the few that is being so populated for the past 6 years.
You can bitch about what is to like or what not, but a few facts remain, saint and I are THE BF2 kings and we don't like Dice fucking up our big ass map tactical battle game with small ass maps and so little players. Key feature of the most succesful PC BF games has been big ass map tactical battles with at least 64 players.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 14:53 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Have to say though, if Battlefield 3 utilises that sweet destruction engine, I'm totally in.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 18:17 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I didn't buy MW2 because of the dedicated server crap, and I'm glad I didn't because they made everything I hated in the first one even more accentuated in the second.

BF:BC2 is probably going to be another miss for me, it's such a simple feature to implement but very important to the BF series.

ro 
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 13:24 
Nerdish, tbh. (461)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Key feature of the most succesful PC BF games has been big ass map tactical battles with at least 64 players.
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Have to say though, if Battlefield 3 utilises that sweet destruction engine, I'm totally in.
I'm terrified to think what will be the performance of the Frostbite engine ( if they use it in Battlefield 3) combined with 64 players :? , in that case a i5 is a must :D

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 15:59 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
i7 is more future proof than i5 due to the socket (I have an i5, and it's an absolute beast, just a warning though :P)

ro 
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 18:52 
Nerdish, tbh. (461)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
i7 is more future proof than i5 due to the socket (I have an i5, and it's an absolute beast, just a warning though :P)
Yeah and more expensive :P