Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:15

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Small surprise?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 16:25 
Community slut (13473)
Come to mumble tonight and help me test. This might be a good and fun change to TF2. Will be on for testing around gmt+1 20.00.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Small surprise?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 18:02 
Community slut (13473)
Ok here it is. For the oldtimers among us, especially the old dumbclan-crew this should be something well known.

Introducing TF2 Warcraft 3 mod
IP: 85.17.60.96:27045
Servername: SpecialAttack.net :: Warcraft 3 mod

The game mode: The mod creates 8 special races. Each of this races has special abilities which can be earned by earning experience points. The points will allow you to upgrade your abilities to several levels up making them better each level. The server will contain "long term XP" which means your experience points will remain available after you disconnect. As we're currently in testing phase we cannot guaranty that your XP will be save. If the mod will stay depends on its success.

More information on the class races can be found here; http://war3source.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... ault_races

You will also have a shopmenu available which allows you to buy extra features. I am currently unsure how this works exactly in TF2 (In cs this used to be money based).

More information on the shopmenu items can be found here; http://war3source.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... shop_items

Below you will find a set of user commands you will need to use or bind:
Quote:
War3menu - Opens the War3: Source menu, giving access to most avaliable commands
War3help - A help menu
Changerace - Opens a menu for the player to change race
Skillsinfo - Displays skill information about your current race
Resetskills - Resets your current classes skills, so you are able to respend the skill points
Spendskills - Spend any avaliable skill points you may have
Showskills - Shows your current skill levels
Shopmenu - Opens a shop menu where you can buy addons for your race such as, extra health or speed
+ultimate - Allows you to use your races ultimate, if applicable (bind this to a key)
+ability - Allows you to use your races ability, if applicable (bind this to a key)
Enjoy and please provide feedback.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 18:45 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
weehee :D

ro 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 19:45 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
That should be pretty damn awesome. And yes, I'm thinking teleport+scout. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
its like tf2 on speed.

se 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 20:51 
Geek (690)
More like tf2 on lsd... I'm confused, cursing and laughing like maniac.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 21:36 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I used to play this on CSS...this be AWESOME! :mrgreen:

ro 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 21:42 
The Necromancer (4970)
I used to co-develop a fork of the original WC3 MOD for CS1.x (AmxModX). Still have the sources somewhere. =)

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 22:08 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
I used to co-develop a fork of the original WC3 MOD for CS1.x (AmxModX). Still have the sources somewhere. =)
My team used to do aswell :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 22:39 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Saint, does this server need to be excluded from the stats page? wont the special abilities somewhat change the relevance of the information in regards to all the standard servers. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 04:50 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
OMG YES YES YES..

Now all we need is UWC3 ;)

se 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 10:43 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
As long as it is somewhat balanced: hell yes.

(being an avid CS WC3 player)

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 13:37 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
I used to play this for ages on the dumbclan servers, I wonder how this will work out for tf2 but if it's even remotely like cs1.6 I will be loving it xD

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 13:39 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]futari wrote:
I used to play this for ages on the dumbclan servers, I wonder how this will work out for tf2 but if it's even remotely like cs1.6 I will be loving it xD
Tested it yesterday, it is alot alike :4

de 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 14:13 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I played WC3 a lot. D:

se 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 19:26 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
I like it.

But actually playing this mod makes me want to start playing WC3 instead of TF2 :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
This seems to be some crazy fun. I have to get the dust from my TF2. :4

be 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 21:29 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Didn't like it on the first go, but then I got to know the system and started to love it!
Teleporting behind enemies as a flying beanie to scorch 'em is awesome! :4

ro 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 10:05 
Illiterate (4)
It's pretty entertaining. I've noticed a couple of bugs though:
-Suicide bomber ( undead scourge ultimate ) doesnt kill your enemy, just some fancy suicide :roll: .
-Im not sure if distract ( undead scourge ) works, i have it lvl 4 and never noticed someone "distracted" while attacking me.
The rest works pretty well, nice mod :wink:

EDIT: Suicide bomber works, you just need to increase it's level. Distract works aswell, but the effect is not that good. But if you spend points setting the nextmap i dont know why it changes to whatever it wants, wasted 40 pts :(

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:46 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Are crits disabled on this server? just thinking maybe it would be a good idea, what with orc criticals being sick as chips as well. +76 criticals from orcs + weapon critical from tf2 would be somewhat overkill.

Also, whats the idea with engineers? maybe remove them? just thinking with sock feather/teleport they may well become a bit untouchable with all their gear up in silly places etc.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:50 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
Are crits disabled on this server? just thinking maybe it would be a good idea, what with orc criticals being sick as chips as well. +76 criticals from orcs + weapon critical from tf2 would be somewhat overkill.

Also, whats the idea with engineers? maybe remove them? just thinking with sock feather/teleport they may well become a bit untouchable with all their gear up in silly places etc.
Well... On the engineers; I think if you look back at CS there used to be rules about climbing stuff at certain maps if you remember correctly. After wc3 was applied those rules were removed. Mainly because i think you have enough differant type of classes to battle stuff like that. (Undead high jumpers can reach it being any class, or teleporters can teleport up). Unless it will be a noticeable issue i don't think we should mess with it quite yet.

I think i agree with you on the crits view. If you want high damage, you should become a orc. Otherwise its a "skill" you don't owe. Currently everybody is orc a little bit. What do others think on this?

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 00:15 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I noticed everbody being human, not orc. :P

Imo it's way, way too early to consider balacing issues.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 02:38 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
I think saint meant everyone is orc as in everyone gets crits, which defeats the point of the class ^^

Yeah everyone is diggin the invis, helps that all the scenery generally goes with the colour of the player as well, at least wehn defending!

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 12:28 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
I think saint meant everyone is orc as in everyone gets crits, which defeats the point of the class ^^
oh, true :3

se 
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 17:31 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Imho the ward damage needs to be upped.

Yes, it was low in CS, but you'd at least get the screen flash when someone stepped through them. Now they're just useless. :ugly:

fi 
 Post subject: WC3 mod and stats
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 09:02 
Illiterate (3)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Saint, doesnt this server need to be excluded from the stats page? wont the special abilities somewhat change the relevance of the information in regards to all the standard servers. :)
This.

It's already painful enough to watch the WC3 server fill up hours earlier than the Vanilla servers, but it's also ruining everything for statsfreaks like me :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 09:29 
Community slut (13473)
The stats are for SpA points tracking. That it also happends to display a ranking is just something that comes with it.

fi 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 12:07 
Illiterate (3)
Isn't PsychoStats and the SpA points system two totally different things?

Is it not possible to seperate the WC3 servers' player stats from the Vanilla servers'?

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 12:26 
Community slut (13473)
amisnaru wrote:
Isn't PsychoStats and the SpA points system two totally different things?

Is it not possible to seperate the WC3 servers' player stats from the Vanilla servers'?
The entire SpA points system is based on information retreived from Psychostats. If we were to split this up it would mean an incredible amount of work which has to be done for something as silly as rankings. The stats are there purely for looking at your own records. That it contains a rank based listing is just something extra.

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 07:28 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
m3n wrote:
Yes, it was low in CS, but you'd at least get the screen flash when someone stepped through them. Now they're just useless. :ugly:
Turn on the damage sounds, fixed. But yeah it's a really low damage output, 3hp per hit/second I think?