Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:28

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 14:12 
Geek (975)
Now this I am not impressed about. A game that I have enjoyed for years and can only really played on the pc.

Looks like that to play even the single player you have to be logged into your ea account. This was the type of game that I'd play on an evening when working away - often in a hotel without internet. So looks like ea won't get my money then!

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jfo ... 35920.page

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 14:37 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/08/29/ ... rights-pax

Tbh.

Reward people for buying the game, make it easy and then you'll make more money.

Pirates download games they wouldnt pay for anyway, so making it hard to pirate wont make them buy it; they'll just move on.

ro 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 15:35 
Nerdish, tbh. (461)
They can keep their game it's not worth a buy in my opinion (GameSpot 7, Eurogamer 6, VideoGamer 7) they should have ended the franchise a long time ago or bring something innovative to the table, but it is interesting that EA is using the same DRM as Ubisoft that means all of their future games will use this also :?

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 17:24 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
EA/DICE announced today that the DRM of Battlefield Bad Company 2 will be dropped for people who got it through steam/will get it through steam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bfbc2 ... -be-erased

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 17:25 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
EA/DICE announced today that the DRM of Battlefield Bad Company 2 will be dropped for people who got it through steam/will get it through steam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bfbc2 ... -be-erased
You're late! http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... =94&t=7097

:ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 18:00 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I am wondering why you are so on the ball with BFBC2 Saint :P. I think you are silently regretting not buying the game :shock:

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 18:48 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
I am wondering why you are so on the ball with BFBC2 Saint :P. I think you are silently regretting not buying the game :shock:
Maybe it has something to do with us running a gaming community. Not sure thou :wink: :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 19:10 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Really? Oh for fuck sake, I was actually looking forward to playing this game. I've played the C&C games since the first one, well I guess that money can be spent on better things then.

Hope they realize how fucking stupid they are and in a few weeks drop it.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 03:31 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I'd like to see this DRM approach being taken to other consumer products.

DVD's for example are heavily pirated. I don't think it's a stretch to have DVD's players hooked up to, say, a Universal or Warner Bros. server to constantly authenticate and ensure that no copied movies are being played on it. Obviously this will be a massive inconvenience for anybody who doesn't have a DVD player AND a connection to the internet, but I think by not having both these things, they're obviously criminals anyway and don't deserve to enjoy motion pictures in the home.

Everybody knows that knock off clothing is often sold, and sometimes can closely resemble the brand name clothing to the point where it can be easily mistaken. Obviously it is sold at much lower prices though, and that's just not on. I think if I walk into the Versace store, and purchase a suit, I should be expected to pay extra, or even a certain amount a month, to have a Versace employee accompany me everywhere to make sure that the suit I'm wearing is still the same suit I paid all that money for. And continue to pay money for. :)

Quite frankly, I don't want to live in a World where I'm not constantly monitored, cause I just don't trust myself. As soon as I'm left to my own devices, I'll just go crazy and start stealing left, right and centre. I want to be good..... But I can't be TRUSTED to be good!!!

Save me Ubisoft! Save me EA!! SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 08:16 
Geek (975)
McMoist that's a really good post. In fact I've copied it at used it word for word on several other forums, including the Knitting Jumpers Forum.

Serves you right, you should of protected it pitbulls.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 12:03 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
That's fine, as long as you don't credit me for the original post. I've had a long standing and bitter feud with that particular forum, ever since I was kicked from the Management team back in 2005.

I won't go into details about the incident but suffice it to say, I'd like to keep it buried thoroughly in the past.