[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
Windows 7 just became a bit more intresting - Page 3 - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:33

All times are UTC+02:00

de 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 19:18 
Doesn't get out much (357)
JuncoPartner wrote:
I'm a user and I don't enjoy the interface, and I don't know about anyone else, but I never had to get use to xp, or give it a chance, it was simple and functional, the interface that is, can't say much for the rest of it.
what was your first os then?

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 19:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Nah dude lol, fuck that shit, im impressed by the tech, but it is not my cup of tea forserious! I'm perfectly fine with a simple os, and despise apple and iShit.
No, didn't really have you down as a plimsoll wearing, iphone smearing, animated menu type ;)

Don't like touchscreens at all, especially the one we have at the doctors that everyone has to use to confirm their appointment :? good idea?
ditch wrote:
what was your first os then?
We had a 98 but I was 9 or 10 at the time, not sure how long we kept it before xp, probably longer than most people did.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 19:46 
Doesn't get out much (357)
JuncoPartner wrote:
We had a 98 but I was 9 or 10 at the time, not sure how long we kept it before xp, probably longer than most people did.
so you're basically just used to it

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 21:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ditch wrote:
JuncoPartner wrote:
so you're basically just used to it
No no, Ditch. These people who learn approximately 3% of the total functionality of a given OS and terrified of any change, even if that change is purely cosmetic, have valid opinions too. Sure, they are totally clueless about the issues with XP, sure they are happy, willing away their hours with a Win 98 interface, utterly missing out on the benefits of Aero, but by Jingo they have "an opinion", so their blind ignorance, inability to adapt and utterly blinkered view of one of the most rapidly advancing technologies on the planet are not faults or flaws, but principled stances on the moral decay of computer interfaces.

I mean, what kind of dribbling buffoon would want ease of use, functionality, accessibility and security all in one package? That kind of talk is clearly to be reserved for those metro-sexual, long-hair types that use Apple products. Its far more cool to be all hipster about it, not understand what they are talking about and look down their noses on everything. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 21:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Hehe, didn't I call it ^^ Told ya howard would say something ^^

w7 is fine for me now, its better than vista anyway. But fuck you howard, no one is going to make me rub my greasy semen soaked fingers all over my lovely monitor!
Not gonna happen!

:ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 21:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Hehe, didn't I call it ^^ Told ya howard would say something ^^

w7 is fine for me now, its better than vista anyway. But fuck you howard, no one is going to make me rub my greasy semen soaked fingers all over my lovely monitor!
Not gonna happen!

Lol - I was bored and thought I'd cheer your day up! Nothing like a huge ball of snarcasm :4 :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 21:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
No no, Ditch. These people who learn approximately 3% of the total functionality of a given OS and terrified of any change, even if that change is purely cosmetic, have valid opinions too. Sure, they are totally clueless about the issues with XP, sure they are happy, willing away their hours with a Win 98 interface, utterly missing out on the benefits of Aero, but by Jingo they have "an opinion", so their blind ignorance, inability to adapt and utterly blinkered view of one of the most rapidly advancing technologies on the planet are not faults or flaws, but principled stances on the moral decay of computer interfaces.

I mean, what kind of dribbling buffoon would want ease of use, functionality, accessibility and security all in one package? That kind of talk is clearly to be reserved for those metro-sexual, long-hair types that use Apple products. Its far more cool to be all hipster about it, not understand what they are talking about and look down their noses on everything. :18
Well I did mention it was the interface of xp I liked, I know it had a lot of issues, and vista too I heard, but I like all these 'rapidy advancing technologies' but when they hand them to me can they hold the bullshit animated menus, and minimalization? It's recent interfaces I'm fed up with in general, collapsing things into menus, and tucking features away, ah yes good for keeping things tidy, but they'll do it whether they need to or not. It's like this fucking TV if you lose the remote you're fucked, but the last TV didn't need it's remote, because whoever designed it wasn't an idiot who thinks we all live in a world where we keep our remotes in safe glass cases, and have a fit when there's too many buttons on our TVs.

They're selling things by making them trendy, and people are lapping it up like good little doggies, nevermind if it's overpriced or of any use to you, it's got all these apps and you'll look well good. Of course OSs aren't getting worse, and of course we threw out the old tv because it was a clunky thing dwarfed by our new one, that doesn't mean I don't think there's a ton of bullshit thrown in there, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm clueless for thinking that is a load of shit.

de 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 07:44 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Gotta love Howard! :lol: <3

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 09:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Migu wrote:
Gotta love Howard! :lol: <3
Yeah, best thing is to just keep taunting him, like saying win7 is for chumps and people who like starbucks etc

Howard, isn't it true that win7 has lots of limitations, bugs in the UI and also makes your PC run 67% slower?

:roll: i read it on the internet

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 15:17 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Am I the only one thinking Windows 8 is just like Windows 7 with Windows Mobile/Android/iOS bolted on? Am guessing they want a unviersal OS for all devices.

Anyway it will be nice to know the temperature outside when I am sat in a dark room playing TF2 for hours on end...

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah, best thing is to just keep taunting him, like saying win7 is for chumps and people who like starbucks etc
aha well I must say when it first came out, I did see some swot sitting in there with his win7 laptop in starbucks :lol: spent his lecture break alone drinking coffee :( assuming he had lectures, I sort of think these people set of from home to sit in there and browse, maybe starbucks pay them.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 16:29 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Starbucks do good portions, the coffee isn't good, but its a lot of it! I just get a Mocha from there when I have to go in early :ugly:

On the OS front, I have been using Windows 7 for a year now, and there are still some niggles which I don't like, especially the copy and replace dialogue box, I much preferred it in windows xp.

If I had a choice I would have the classic look anyway, so windows xp classic interface with windows 7 security and superbar please :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 16:47 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Starbucks do good portions, the coffee isn't good, but its a lot of it!
You do know that when you order a large, or a super max epic large, you still get the same two shots of coffee, but just a fuck load more milk... order an extra shot if you want a large coffee...

I cant drink from coffee shops now, because this one time, i bought a large white chocolate mocha, took it on a coach, drank it, then vomited into the cup, filled the cup, and had to sit on a 2hour bus ride with it in my hand...

true story.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 18:50 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
You do know that when you order a large, or a super max epic large, you still get the same two shots of coffee, but just a fuck load more milk... order an extra shot if you want a large coffee...

I cant drink from coffee shops now, because this one time, i bought a large white chocolate mocha, took it on a coach, drank it, then vomited into the cup, filled the cup, and had to sit on a 2hour bus ride with it in my hand...

true story.
And you didn't just drink it again? I thought you were hardcore, bro. 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 18:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

true story.
Stomach acid curdles the milk :oops:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2011, 12:32 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:

true story.
:demm:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2011, 15:56 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

what's your point, pussy?

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

what's your point, pussy?

touche, it will probably taste like starbucks anyway :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 16:26 
Community slut (13473)
Something that annoyed me from day one in windows 7 was the "pin to taskbar" option. No clue what fucking moron thought that be a handy feature, cause it's a miss-clicking stoners worst nightmare. It's almost as bad as clippy, just not as pushy.

Here's how to disable the feature; http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-disa ... windows-7/

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
But its like the quickstart bar, only does it not take up space when the program is running. :(