Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 11 May 2024, 00:36

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: bball server rules
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 02:02 
Illiterate (1)
Hey, first post here, so i'll introduce myself. Im an avid 6v6 comp player and a regularly (at least half an hour a day i'd say) on the bball servers. So anyway,

I had a couple of questions to ask regarding the rules on the server:

1) Is shotgun on demo a legal tactic? I hear this being a source of constant whine, however I do tend to think that its actually a perfectly valid tactic and was simply invented by players who aren't particularly good at demo to give them a edge. If someone asks politely then I tend to make sure I don't; however if it goes something along the lines of "ZOMG!!!11!!! DON'T USE SHOTGUN ON DEMO YOU N00B!!" followed by a great number of insults towards ones mother then I tend to just ignore them and continue anyway.

2) It is often a great gripe of most players than one player must sit on spec until there is equal times. While I do feel this is perfectly legitimate etiquette for the most part (for example, 2v1), there is of course situations where it doesn't make sense (for example, 3v2 where the 2 players are winning) and yet people will whine anyway.

3) Also, regarding the new weapons released yesterday, would like to know the official stance on this but i'll give my 2 cents after spending 45mins playing with them on the server.
Direct Hit: Perfectly valid, the increased skill to hit a player seems to balance perfectly with the drawbacks so it seems to make sense to keep it.
Equalizer: Brings a fun and interesting new element to the game, I'd personally say keep it.
Charge and Targe & Eyelander: These seem to just cause an annoyance and disrupt gameplay and there is absolutely no way to achieve the objectives of the game with them, I suggest maybe implementing a plugin that removes them from the player when they spawn, similar to the FaN plugin on many TF2DM servers.

Also, I would love to see this feature. As the word of a clearly biased player is usually going to be taken with a grain of salt, is there any way we could have a plugin that allows specific rules to be printed in chat by typing something? For example typing: "!shotgunrule" would cause console to print "[SpA Rules] The shotgun is allowed to be used on demomen and soldiers alike."

Cheers,
Adam

fi 
 Post subject: Re: bball server rules
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 02:55 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
Hey skyride, seventeenth post here,

1) I did not even read your post fully nor do I have anything meaningful to add let alone not having any answers to your questions.

2) I have actually never even played on SpA BBall PIES, in fact I've never actually played BBall -- actually I've never even played the game in question.

3) Regardless of these facts I have hereby in fact posted in your thread while having contributed absolutely nothing. Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
me

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 03:26 
Community slut (13473)
skyride wrote:
Hey, first post here, so i'll introduce myself. Im an avid 6v6 comp player and a regularly (at least half an hour a day i'd say) on the bball servers. So anyway,

I had a couple of questions to ask regarding the rules on the server:

1) Is shotgun on demo a legal tactic? I hear this being a source of constant whine, however I do tend to think that its actually a perfectly valid tactic and was simply invented by players who aren't particularly good at demo to give them a edge. If someone asks politely then I tend to make sure I don't; however if it goes something along the lines of "ZOMG!!!11!!! DON'T USE SHOTGUN ON DEMO YOU N00B!!" followed by a great number of insults towards ones mother then I tend to just ignore them and continue anyway.
We normally have a plugin blocking the shotgun and disable stikie dmg on enemy's. Last nights TF2 update broke this. We're working on a fix.
Quote:
2) It is often a great gripe of most players than one player must sit on spec until there is equal times. While I do feel this is perfectly legitimate etiquette for the most part (for example, 2v1), there is of course situations where it doesn't make sense (for example, 3v2 where the 2 players are winning) and yet people will whine anyway.
I'm afraid we can't do much about random whining people. If it gets out of controle you could request an admin on IRC to check the player out.
Quote:
3) Also, regarding the new weapons released yesterday, would like to know the official stance on this but i'll give my 2 cents after spending 45mins playing with them on the server.
Direct Hit: Perfectly valid, the increased skill to hit a player seems to balance perfectly with the drawbacks so it seems to make sense to keep it.
Equalizer: Brings a fun and interesting new element to the game, I'd personally say keep it.
Charge and Targe & Eyelander: These seem to just cause an annoyance and disrupt gameplay and there is absolutely no way to achieve the objectives of the game with them, I suggest maybe implementing a plugin that removes them from the player when they spawn, similar to the FaN plugin on many TF2DM servers.
We'll look into this. Thanks for the feedback/suggestions.
Quote:
Also, I would love to see this feature. As the word of a clearly biased player is usually going to be taken with a grain of salt, is there any way we could have a plugin that allows specific rules to be printed in chat by typing something? For example typing: "!shotgunrule" would cause console to print "[SpA Rules] The shotgun is allowed to be used on demomen and soldiers alike."
This shouldn't be nessesary once the plugins are fixed.
Quote:
Cheers,
Adam
Cheers 8)

ru 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 21:47 
Crap at posting (28)
Hello there.

I'm tired a bit now, yesterday i played vs one demo and he was using stickies after all my requests to stop using them for attack. His steam ID is STEAM_0:1:25360654.

Right now i joined SpA after a kken very long day and what i see? Yes. This definitely cute man (a lot of words must be here) was throwing stickies here and there.

Recorded two demos (today and yesterday). I will be very pleased if you'll look at them, SaintK. After all of that i just want this cute guy to be banned if not on all SpA servers, but on SpA bball for sure (but he deserves first prize).

Finally, you can see what is going on bball servers sometimes (now more and more than ever from that update with demo shield and sword) in today's demo.

Best wishes,
A.G.

Attachments:
File comment: bvan was recorded yesterday, other one today
tf.rar [3.54 MiB]
Downloaded 59 times

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 21:52 
Community slut (13473)
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I've been neglecting the bball servers a bit last few months because I've been quite busy and gave priority to the other servers we run, I'm sorry for that as i promised to look into the issues before.

I'll have a look at the demo tomorrow, and I'll try to free up some time for maintenance on the bball servers and fixing them plugins which should block the weapons.

Cheers,