Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:50

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
 Post subject: Update 21/5
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 07:47 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Quote:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Team Fortress 2
Added new community weapons and hats
Updated CP_Gorge
Added nobuilds to the awnings outside BLU's forward spawn to preventing players building up there.
More clip work and model collision work based on community feedback.
Fixed BLU forward spawn door appearing through roof.
Updated PLR_Pipeline
Added new stairwell in Stage 1 and window access to both teams’ platforms by main choke point to help alleviate stalemates.
Reverted the starting position for the cart in Stage 3 if a team had won the first 2 stages to where you no longer get a big cart-start-position advantage.
Fixed rare cases where stage would break when cart had no nearby capper(s).
Fixed carts not always moving to their starting locations correctly.
Fixed respawn times in Stage 3 not being set to the proper values.
Fixed the map not finishing correctly in Stage 3 if the two teams capture the final point at the same time.
Removed sv_showhitboxes to avoid players confusing it with the method by which we do hit detection (see http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... Networking for info)
Taken from this thread:

Weapons (image)
Quote:
The Tribalman’s Shiv
On hit: Bleed for 8 seconds
-35% damage done

Scotsman’s Skullcutter
+20% damage done
-15% speed on wearer
Hats
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/462 ... bbcc_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/462 ... 7f1b_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/462 ... b146_b.jpg

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Update 21/5
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 07:56 
Community slut (13473)
You're too early!

Updates are being installed 8)

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 08:59 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
because obviously, besides jarate and a shield the sniper needed even more gear to counter spies.

So when does the spy gets a revolver that makes a pyro shoot water instead of flames when you hit them?

de 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 09:07 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I crafted me the Tripler's Tricorne from my football helmet and camera beard. :o

ro 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 10:26 
Nerdish, tbh. (461)
Great even more hats i will never get. :roll:

de 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 10:39 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
[SpA]Johnny wrote:
Haha, I'm in the same boat... :|

gb 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 10:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Crovax20 wrote:
because obviously, besides jarate and a shield the sniper needed even more gear to counter spies.

So when does the spy gets a revolver that makes a pyro shoot water instead of flames when you hit them?
Explain how the shield counters spies lol!

de 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 11:24 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Razorback users get easily gunned down by 3 shots with the revolver ( Hi Dunken! :18 ).

The bleeding stops as soon as you heal afaik, and deals no damage with active DR.
It makes you flicker when you take bleeding damage with the other watches. Didnt read anything about the blood splatters yet.

Does it take one more hit to directly kill a spy with it due to the reduced damage?

dk 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 12:21 
Likes to type... (290)
Seems like you have to update again! ARGH!

Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 5. <--------- gogo Saint hunny bunny :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 12:41 
Community slut (13473)
the G.O.A.T wrote:
Seems like you have to update again! ARGH!

Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 5. <--------- gogo Saint hunny bunny :ugly:
I'm afraid this is a client issue on your side m8. The server reports up2date and my client can join without a problem.

Oups, forgot to reboot that server :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 00:20 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Crovax20 wrote:

Explain how the shield counters spies lol!
It prevents you being a target for 90% of the (admittably shit) spies. It also stops making you a target on a backstab run. The spy has to find a spot to uncloak and put the 2-3 bullets into you. Perhaps not a direct counter, but its deffo a buff against the average spy.

Although I make it my personal business to make sure Razorback snipers die.

The only thing a sniper really has to worry about are other snipers and spies, and valve deems it neccesary to give the sniper buff after buff to deal with the spy.

Now I am not worried about this new weapon, as I make sure the sniper is dead. And if a sniper gets me with it I probably already had 90% of the other people on his team after me as well. I just think its a bit stupid how the sniper gets yet another item that makes him better vs the spy.

Sometimes I just don't follow Valve's line of thought. I really wonder what they were thinking when they put fire resistance on the charging targe, gave the eyelander a bigger range (because with server lags normal melee range already has its wtf moments), made one shotting low HP classes even easier with the direct hit etc.

Too be honest I can't wait to see what they will do to my, currently, most played class the engineer.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 09:43 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Targe, Eyelander, Sandman and FaN (I'm probably missing things) are all complete jokes now, either because they are OP or the complete opposite. I wish they would stop with the crappy updates and concentrate on things which actually balance the game and update the bloody demo format so it doesn't break after every tiny update. Motherf******!

at 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 12:36 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Quote:
The only thing a sniper really has to worry about are other snipers and spies
And Scouts zigzagging towards him while spamming pistol.
And Scouts sneaking behind him.
And Soldiers with TDH.
And Soldiers rocketjumping towards him.
And Soldiers spamming rockets.
And Demomen stickyjumping towards him.
And Pyros with Flaregun.

Stop trying to make everyone believe shit classes are actually top tier. Sniper gets the kills as long as he has the accuracy, else he's dead meat. Scouts, Soldiers and Demomen are much more braindead.

And Spy is just useless. He's the counter to nobody really. 99,9% of people playing Spy contribute to the opposite team.

pl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 13:39 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Spies are useless cause a) people are now aware how 99% of spies play b) cloak&dagger spies usually spend 5 minutes in one spot trying to find one good backstab and die 2 seconds after decloack c) deadringer was broken then fixed then broken then buffed then broken again. I would say that most of weapons and class tweaks that came in last year or so are made by the pattern "lets try this, maybe it will work, if not we will try something else in a week/month". Look how most unlocks were already changed number of times :roll:

nl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 14:15 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
And yet I manage to be top of the team when I am playing spy, clearly I have been very useless to the team.

Oh and relentless, tiers count for nothing on pubs. Sniper can hide behind 11 other players on his team + any sentrygun. Honestly a sniper doesn't have to die to anything else then other snipers and the spy. All the while he can still make kills and points.

pl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 14:50 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Spy score depends entirely on the other team - you can be the best spy in the world and be constantly raped by awesome Pyros like me or Dekar :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 14:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Quote:
The only thing a sniper really has to worry about are other snipers and spies
And Scouts zigzagging towards him while spamming pistol.
And Scouts sneaking behind him.
And Soldiers with TDH.
And Soldiers rocketjumping towards him.
And Soldiers spamming rockets.
And Demomen stickyjumping towards him.
And Pyros with Flaregun.

Stop trying to make everyone believe shit classes are actually top tier. Sniper gets the kills as long as he has the accuracy, else he's dead meat. Scouts, Soldiers and Demomen are much more braindead.

And Spy is just useless. He's the counter to nobody really. 99,9% of people playing Spy contribute to the opposite team.
Yeah have to agree, the amount of shit snipers i have to watch letting the team down all the time, constantly getting destroyed and never really doing anything but the occasional headshot - more often than not they take up the best positions too, which is such a waste, especially if you are defending. Same with spy, in the wrong hands its a waste of a player slot, but i have seen some devastating spies, it's almost frightening to spectate them. :twisted:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 16:25 
Likes to type... (279)
Bartg wrote:
awesome Pyros like me or Dekar :ugly:
Aw, no love for me :roll:

The shiv definitely seems like an instant upgrade to the kukri, and works quite well with both Jarate and the SMG which is nice, just wishing i still had a huntsman to try it out with.

Still a little unsure of what to think of the battleaxe though, you end up sacrificing a lot of speed and end up moving about 2% slower than a solly, all for only 13 extra damage on a hit, although on a crit that does add up to quite a bit of damage. The only redeeming feature i can see is that since its speed is slower, the charge from the shield is shorter meaning you can get the full crit from a shorter range than with the bottle/pain train/eyelander, which makes it quite nice for sneak attacks, i definitely see this thing getting buffed in the immediate future though :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 16:32 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Wildblaze is a machine as pyro 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 17:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
hes a scary bastard, you cant do anything to stop him juggling you in the air and then axing you up when u hit the ground. git. :D

dk 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 18:07 
Likes to type... (290)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
hes a scary bastard, you cant do anything to stop him juggling you in the air and then axing you up when u hit the ground. git. :D
i hate that! was that you!? :82

de 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 18:21 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
WildBlaze wrote:
Aw, no love for me :roll:
Poor Wildblaze, of course you belong to the top pyros. :grouphug:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 18:28 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the G.O.A.T wrote:

i hate that! was that you!? :82
yeah wildlblaze is one of the top three pyros, along with bart and dekar..imo still, not to much of an issue when ive got 30ms of distance between us ^^

dk 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 20:16 
Likes to type... (290)
i feel so low everytime a pyro plays with meh.... :rage:

ro 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 20:27 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
It's great fun to play against good pyros. :)

pl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 22:10 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Quote:
Aw, no love for me
Aww sorry mate forgot about the big three :ugly: Played a bit today, got some nice airblast to go, the immediate crit on deflection with crit flare is scary :mrgreen: Altough I still dont understand why heavy needed that buff - now he is one man army, doesnt really need a medic cause he can pop 20 people from miles and cover back to eat sandvich :roll:

nl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 23:49 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I like backstabbing pyro's :twisted:

pl 
PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 00:07 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
[SpA]Johnny wrote:
I find that a bit ironic - I got back into tf2 a bit, and yesterday crafted
Triboniophorus tyrannus
From camera beard + Texas ten gallon
Today as a loyal player I got Tough guy's toque which I crafted with my demoman's fro into Texas Slim's Dome Shine :roll: :evil: But about 45 minutes later got rewarded for crappy craft with Frenchman's beret
So Im happy, cause I got 2 hats for my main classes :mrgreen:

se 
PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 09:23 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Crovax20 wrote:
I like backstabbing pyro's :twisted:
Don't worry, someone will probably take time to write a few lines about you too. :ugly:

Right?

nl 
PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 23:24 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Don't think so, not spending a whole lot of time on the TF2 servers. And mostly playing Engineer these days.