Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:56

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 17:15 
Geek (970)
Got the gun slinger yesterday! :)
While I'm a fan of cyborgs and the like and really like the looks of the thing,
it's still an engineer I'm playing. I'm still supposed to build dispensers and teleports
and tend to them; an aspect of the game-play I'm not to fond off :p
Though now I won't be as resilient as before to play engineer should my team need one :)

ro 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 17:18 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Just go and kill stuff? I cba about teleports and dispensers and only build them if the game's turned into a turtleneck.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 17:20 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
You play engi wrong then. What you need to do with the Gun Slinger is PUNCH PEOPLES FACES! :x
http://stats.specialattack.net/weapon.php?id=92 :5:

And dont forget to RIP THEIR INSIDES OUT with the taunt! :twisted:

se 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 17:29 
Geek (970)
[SpA]Dekar wrote:
You play engi wrong then. What you need to do with the Gun Slinger is PUNCH PEOPLES FACES! :x
http://stats.specialattack.net/weapon.php?id=92 :5:

And dont forget to RIP THEIR INSIDES OUT with the taunt! :twisted:
Haha, you seem to have the right mindset I see xD

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 18:36 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
engi update is the best update since medic, no question :4

peronally I prefer a standard level 1 sentry over a mini-sentry for ninjaneering - being meatier, doing more damage, being repairable and more versatile in terms of being able to reposition and upgrade to level 2/3 once the area is secure usually outweighs the quicker build time and (slightly) cheaper cost. but what really makes it is doing it on the new payload maps, which are simply engineering heaven

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 19:12 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
The gunslinger has a fair share of problems. Its useless if you want to assault, because the built time is still significant enough for people to either kill it before its build or kill you before it does significant damage. A medic + class can outheal its damage. The 3 hits crit on the gunslinger is insignificant as well, as most people will die in 2 melee hits.
Frontier Justice could do with either random crits or a clipsize of 4. Right now its a bit of a gimpy shotgun in my opinion. If you are playing without the gunslinger its nice if you survive the stuff that just killed your sentry (as blowing up a lvl 3 isn't something i'd do lightly). You usually just don't last long enough to get much benefit from it with 125 hp's. And with the gunslinger you run into the trouble that the little sentry doesn't kill much and you cannot assist your own sentrygun. If you're sentry gun was able to assist you or you were able to assist your sentrygun the frontier justice would be a lot better. Right now I think the normal shotgun is most likely the better choice in most of the situations

The wrangler, just needs a couple of graphics bugs fixed and if the engi dies while using the wrangler the shield should just disappear while the sentry is inactive for 3 seconds.

I think the wrangler is probably the only thing I'd really consider a sidegrade, while the others are more on the downgrade side of things.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 19:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hightower is an awesome map :D i also agree this update is pretty cool, haven't got to play with the new toys yet, but generally the game doesn't feel worse from it, like the medic update :)

but not a big fan of that thunder mountain one, seems like there is a lot of wasted space tbh :S

se 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 19:28 
Geek (970)
Of the new maps I like thunder mountain the least, though it's much because of the looks of it; it's too square :o
The new map I like the most is Upward, with it's maze-like tunnels and corridors. Makes me feel like an mouse in a giant Swiss cheese :O
Closely followed though is Hightower, which is just awesome in it's own way. Criss-crossing rails keeps the action in the middle area, rather than spread out along a long raceway like pipeline :)

ro 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 19:53 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Yesterday, on Hightower, I had the best laugh I've ever had with this game. Thank you Andraxx for it. A heavy was shooting at stuff and the demo rushed towards him GERONIMOOOO! style. Too bad he skipped right pass the heavy and into the pit. It makes me chuckle just writing this. Oh, how I wish I was recording.