Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:24

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 20:36 
Likes to type... (279)
ah, no.46 finally dropped, hopefully the other 4 will show up and we'll finally get to see the Day 2 update :)

de 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 22:08 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Valve just delayed the 46th to keep their update schedule. :D

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... l=en#gid=0

ro 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 23:00 
Crap at posting (51)
i'm out of items...

dk 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 23:07 
Likes to type... (290)
:D only 3 to go and day 2 arrives!

ro 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 23:20 
Crap at posting (51)
and everybody ran out of items....

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 00:33 
Likes to type... (279)
Yay, #49 dropped, 1 more to go :D

Edit: Nice, so many people are trying to see if the 50th wrench dropped, that the community acciedentally ddos'ed the teamfortress site again, not sure if its worth staying up to see the second day update :evil:

pl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:44 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Hahaha the second day is epic: The remote controlled wrangler: you can take control of your sentry and it gives it shield absorbing 66% damage and double fire rate. Awesome thing is you control the sentry on your own, only drawbacks are sentry wont aim automatically and its inactive for 3s after you stop controlling it :ugly: Great idea tbh giving engi sth to do other than spy check or hit his sentry without a reason. Also there's a new map - looks like payload version of 2fort - pl_teufort I suppose.

Last edited by Bartg on 07 Jul 2010, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:44 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
My backpack is full.

How do I craft?

pl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:46 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
My backpack is full.

How do I craft?
http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:47 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Crafting

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 03:29 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I crafted the Respect less Rubber Glove! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 04:19 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
I made some refined metal.. and accidently used all my weapons :O

whoopsies

fi 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 07:20 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/wrangdigan/
Something i found :D

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 11:11 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
I crafted the Respect less Rubber Glove! :D
best hat in the game, congrats :4

wrangler is very clever indeed... I want one! and the new map I'm guessing is pl_thundermountain after the place on the map.

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 11:39 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
remote controlled sentry.... Hmm well if you can use it from spawn I suppose its cool. Guessing you trade in your pistol for it.

I do hate that they are keeping the engineer immovable. I'd much rather would have seen a mech suit or something.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 20:42 
Likes to type... (279)
yet another unlock that forces the engi to rely on his sentry, was really hoping that this update would give the engi a different playstyle like the demo got, oh well, at least it's more interesting than the spy update unlock wise :roll:

Could certainly make ninja engi more interesting, holding back firing the gun until someone important like a medic goes by, and then causing a lot of damage with the double rate of fire, would be pretty reckless to use this with the new shotgun though, only 3 shots total would be hard to justify, even with the crits.

At least theres still a third unlock and the possible community items to come :D

pl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 20:56 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Spy update was AWESOME unlock wise, dead ringer once was probably best unlock ever and now after some nerfs its still bloody awesome, C&D is also very usefull, altough not my playstyle to stay in one place waiting for opportunity. Ambassador is also very good for playing against engineers. So unlock wise Scout update was probably least interesting.
As for engi update I think first two unlock are decent - they can be usefull for different engis playing styles - both offensive and defensive. Lets hope third unlock wont be some kind of golden wrench and could give engi more flexibility.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 21:20 
Likes to type... (279)
the unlocks may be good abilities wise, but very uninteresting overall, a slightly different revolver that gets headshots but its accuracy goes to hell after the first shot, and 2 new invisible watches. Nothing really changed, the only other update that was as uncreative was the medics, and that was just the testbed, and even then at least the kritz is a pretty radical change from the medigun. Pyro got the flaregun, heavy got the sandvich, scout got a pretty different shotgun, bonk and the sandman, sniper got huntsman, jarate and the razorback (as useless as it may be, at least its something new) solly got buff banner and demo got the shield.

but were getting kinda off topic here. :roll:

And yay, only 7 more wrenches till the next update, bet it shoes up at 1am again :evil:

Edit: theres a guitar on two of the engi achievements, http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupd ... ievements/, guess its the 3rd weapon or a taunt on one of the new weapons (the wrangler maybe? or perhaps a toolbox taunt?)

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 07 Jul 2010, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 21:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah sniper i think didnt get a very interesting update, the whole focus was kind of on the fact it was a secret dual update. huntsman is fun, but not really practical most of the time, razorback is a faggy piece of shit, and jarate again is fun, but id rather throw bullets than piss!

pl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 23:24 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
How can dead ringer be uninteresting ? Its the best idea ever.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 23:52 
Likes to type... (279)
its uninteresting because its the same old cloak, with the bonus that you drop a fake dead body when it activates (though about half the time its painfully obvious) and gives you a damage resistance with the downside that you can't activate it on will. it doesn't really do anything different than the old cloak or cloak and dagger except instead of trying not to get hit while you sneak past, you try to get hit on purpose, and unless your smart enough to disguise as someone on your own team (something I'm starting to wonder if your average spy even knows about) its incredibly obvious almost every time (the only time i even remember it fooling me was recently when a spy hit his DR the exact second i hit him with my axtingusher).

And yay, only 2 wrenches to go

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 23:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah, wasnt it in classic? in some form?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 00:16 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
looks like there's been some foul play over wrenches. drunken f00l (the guys behind tfitems) has been vac banned, along with 2 other wrench getters. also, a couple of rumours on the steam forums about the wrenches not being random drops, but timed, and that it could be that the times were leaked to a couple of people. it's a bit tinfoilhat, but you never know...

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 00:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
valve? fucking up again? lol... they wrenches should have just gone to the top 100 people who crafted the most items, or best engys.. (first one seems more sensible - as some engys just spam away on random servers) and obviously no one outside of valve would know that those people would be getting it, so that no one starts trying to abuse the process.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 00:30 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
ok, the guy himsself has confirmed that he got a leak of the drop times; other sources are saying this aswell.
sonofabitch, valve, sonofabitch : (

edit: someone made a good point in the steam forums about the pre-determined times possibly being picked randomly. still, it's not truly random if people know beforehand, is it?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 00:37 
Likes to type... (279)
Guess that confirms that the wrenches drop at pre determined times and arn't random. odd that he'd get vac banned for that, unless valve are still kinda miffed about the idle program and didn't want to give him any more chances, or maybe they're just bi-polar :roll:

Wonder what this means for TF2items though, its a handy site, would hate to see DF get rid of it over this :(

Edit: the chat log from SourceOP, hidden since its pretty big

fi 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 02:10 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Last weapon is a wrench. Look at the table and this link: http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupd ... ionaryman/

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 02:18 
Likes to type... (279)
The wrench is likely to be the community made surprise they mention in the blog, seeing how the watchmaker tag leads to somebodys steam community page, which means that there may still be a new weapon to come tomorrow. New payload race map looks pretty sweet, nice to finally get a new map for the PLR game mode, was beginning to wonder if it was going to be abandoned like Territory control seems to have been. :roll:

pl 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 02:37 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yay for payload race, latest version of pipeline is finally playable, so I hope this will be good.
Im happy Im leaving for over a week on Saturday, cant imagine this game with constant 5+ engis on every single map.
As for the spy there wasnt really much else to do, he has to have cloaking ability, dead ringer is not that obvious, I would say that apart from pyro 90% of players abandon you after feign death. Obviously key to it is to disguise as your own team and not engaging DR on first hit.
Hidden page: http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupd ... er_photos/ , movable sentry ? ;)

de 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 07:54 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Sentry teleportation! :5:

This whole update is really screwed up. I followed the forum thread about drop times closely and it was voiced early that the drops are not as random as valve told us.
And then Drunken Fool getting a wrench, it was obvious something is going wrong there.

I think the sentry controller is interesting enough and will get nerfed soon. :ugly:
The new wrench looks like 100% crit on everyone who dealt damage to your sentry. :mrgreen:

DR and C&D were needed to keep spy playable on all maps and they do get used. So it was a good update even when it didnt change the way he is played. But compared to them, what class got a really different way to play except demo?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next