Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:58

All times are UTC+02:00

no 
 Post subject: Terragen Renders
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 02:04 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
Here are some renders I have done in Terragen 2. If your wondering what Terragen it's a tool used for rendering landscape images. I have had Terragen for some time but I only use it every now and then when I'm bored. :P You can also use Terrengen to make moving "world" animations. I cant do this as my current version of Terragen wont support it.

Here was my first ever attempt at Terragen. Here I'm just basically pushing random buttons and seeing what i can do.
This is an improved version of my first attempt render. Finally actually cared to read some stuff about Terragen :D
Here I follow a tutorial because I never understood how to make rocks! (I know lame :P )
A friend of mine made this with help from me, I may re-render thins one day so the snow wont stop so suddenly.
Not much to say about this one.....I use more time on each render by now so they look better. Also I try to get the clouds lower.
Now lets turn the sun into a moon! No seriously! Only change I really want to make is to make rough waves.
Kinda the same as the one above, I just put the "moon" lower and make it darker. (Ohh and i know of the random black spot, just haven't gotten around to fixing it)
If I make any more renders ill make sure to upload them here when its done rendering. (Rendering takes a LOOOOONG time!)

If this post is placed in the wrong section of the forum please tell me.

-Nickern

Join me in League of Legends!
Join now! It's free!

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Terragen Renders
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 02:25 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Wow, really impressive, it's clear from the photo's that you have improved loads. Looking forward to seeing some more :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 07:42 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Yeah, looks nice Nick. The black spot actually looks like a bird to me :P
I like the looks of it :mrgreen:

no 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 22:19 
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Wow, really impressive, it's clear from the photo's that you have improved loads. Looking forward to seeing some more :5:
Hehe. Thanks! There was a large time gap between the first two renders and the third render, so there were a few renders between but i never kept them.
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Yeah, looks nice Nick. The black spot actually looks like a bird to me :P
I like the looks of it :mrgreen:
:D Never thought of it that way! now when I look at it I can actually see that it does in fact look kinda like a bird.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found 2 renders from some time ago:

Nothing special here, just made this one to practice more detail in the background of the picture.
Actually one of my favorites, got the low and high clouds working. And got some fog :4 (It's hard to get right!)

These are some I have recently made: (All these 3 are basically the same except for a change in how the moon looks.)

I really like making night scenes for some reason, so I mostly make that now.
I have no experience with Photoshop/Paint.Net, so this is just a picture of a moon i found online and cropped and re-sized to fit.
This I did late at night, I was bored and I was curious what it would look with the "Epic Face". Love the glow around it! :P (The "Epic Face" is not rendered, its just pasted in with Paint.Net)

- Nickern

Join now! It's free!

de 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 22:48 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
How long do you need to render a single picture?

Never got around to try my hand at Terragen, but it looks really nice. :D

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 22:56 
SpA Fookah (4459)
oeh, hey, if you're bored enough again, could you make one with a couple of different planets hanging around , maybe some nice ring around it? :mrgreen:
That'd be awesome :4

no 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 23:13 
[SpA]Dekar wrote:
How long do you need to render a single picture?

Never got around to try my hand at Terragen, but it looks really nice. :D
Render time is dependent on your hardware, mostly your CPU as it's job is to calculate all the millions of micro-triangles.
My previous rig (2.0 GHz Dual Core) could manage 1680 x 1050 with decent quality in 1 hour 30 minutes.
However the picture where I learned to make rocks, took around 5 hours at 1280 x 1024. So the more extra props you have in the render the more time it will take.

With my new rig (2.7 GHz Quad Core) can cut the rendering time by 45 mins I think. I have looked around and it seems that there is no CUDA software for Terragen which is sad as it would cut back a whole lot on render time.
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
oeh, hey, if you're bored enough again, could you make one with a couple of different planets hanging around , maybe some nice ring around it? :mrgreen:
That'd be awesome :4
Yeah it would! :mrgreen:
Still learning how to make planets, I have some ideas on how i should approch it so now I just have to wait for one of those nights were I'm bored :lol:
Should come someday soon. :)

Join now! It's free!

de 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 23:27 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Interesting! :D
Good job mate.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 01:27 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Oh wow! They are amazing, I adore the one with the mountain peaks above the clouds.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 19:16 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 00:11 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
2nd one in your 2nd post is really impressive. nice work man!

and there's the potential in that last one to become an epic wallpaper if you polish it up real nice :ugly: