Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:34

All times are UTC+02:00

at 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 17:47 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
I'm currently searching for a proper screen recording tool for personal use. It's hard to find one that suits me, because I want it to record sound and to record with an acceptable framerate (>25)

Most screen recording tools do none of both and some do only one, but I did find one now that apparantly does both. It's called My Screen Recorder, but I got a problem with it: It only records whatever I happen to speak into my microphone - even when I set it to "Record from speakers" (which should theoretically be, record the sound from whatever application I'm recording).

Does anyone use this program and knows how to fix it - or a general "Did you check that already?"-thing?

de 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 17:54 
Geek (856)
I dont know your tool but I use Fraps from www.fraps.com.

Its amazing, you can test it for free, it allows a wide variety of audio and video record settings.

at 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 17:58 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
I do have Fraps. It's great, but it has one major flaw (to me): You can only record applications like games with it, but it cannot record eg streams from a webbrowser.

de 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 18:25 
Geek (856)
Hmm.
The more recent versions allow you to record your desktop. If that doesnt include browsers (which it should) you can use the active desktop from windows to insert your stream there and then record it.

ro 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 21:31 
The Necromancer (4970)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
I do have Fraps. It's great, but it has one major flaw (to me): You can only record applications like games with it, but it cannot record eg streams from a webbrowser.
http://camstudio.org/

Personally I'm using Hypercam2, which isn't free but you know... ;-)

Also, do you want to cast something or just record? Casting requires some additional screen capture drivers (i.e. VHScrCap) and an encoding app (i.e. Flash Media Encoder).

us 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 20:17 
Illiterate (1)
I use My Screen Recorder, the recording from speakers works fine for me. You need to select the correct speaker device to record from. There may be more than one in your device list, try selecting 'stereo mix', or 'wave out'. If you don't have one of those listings, you might need to update your sound card drivers. Try contacting the publisher - they have always been very responsive for me and they can probably get your issue resolved quickly.

se 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 21:18 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
tried enabling them stereo mixes?

us 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 09:59 
Illiterate (1)
I suggest what ever screen recorder you use. Have a try at Audacity (free sound recorder and editor).
I often record introduction screencast for my blog with DemoCreator and Audacity, every time I record the video and sound seperately.

I can create 2 or more soundtracks, record the stereo and my sound, and mix them together with Audacity. It also save me many time to sync the video and audio.

Disable the sound recording of Fraps and try Audacity.