PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 20:33 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Mann Co. update
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:04 
Likes to type... (279)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPmb0F00 ... re=related[/youtube]

Its about damn time, and holy shit most of those items are epic, and item bonuses too, though do tha hats have to be worn to get the bonus, if so that sucks.

Best patch ever :D

Jarate and bushwacker sounds kinda overpowered though :?

Edit: wait, you can buy items now? :?

Edit 2: apparently the secret 6th poly count pack was a medic :D

Edit 3: holy shit, the sniper set bonus is to stop yourself being hit by headshots, but to get it means having to us the new rifle which doesn't have headshots, i'm not sure if thats incredible overpowered or underpowered :shock:

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 30 Sep 2010, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

tr 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:17 
Likes to type... (227)
tf2 becoming wow :|
but still....can someone give me elvis hat ? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:19 
Likes to type... (279)
How annoying, the steam community seems to be offline so i can't even see how much the stuff sells for or confirm if it was a medic pack :cry:

Edit: http://tf2stats.net/all_items a practice RJ, dueling pistols, a new dueling badge, a fucking metric ton of hats, and some curious engi items. I also see only 1 new medic item (The Vita-saw) and the gloves of running urgently :o

Edit 2: New medic saw and GRU stats.

pl 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 21:40 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Wow thats a lot of items, and some utterly amazing hats. Old Guadalajara for pyro, do want ! Pile'o'gifts lol, gives random item up to 23 other players on the server :D I wonder how duelling mini game will look like.

de 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 22:21 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Totally blows really..
You can't trade bought items nor limited items ://

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 22:22 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
tbh i think that's a good thing.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 22:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
How annoying, the steam community seems to be offline so i can't even see how much the stuff sells for or confirm if it was a medic pack :cry:

Edit: http://tf2stats.net/all_items a practice RJ, dueling pistols, a new dueling badge, a fucking metric ton of hats, and some curious engi items. I also see only 1 new medic item (The Vita-saw) and the gloves of running urgently :o

Edit 2: New medic saw and GRU stats.
I guess we will be seeing Mr Giggles on the servers a lot more :)

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 22:53 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Awesome stuff, though I do feel like the Medic got screwed again, given he is the class needing an update so badly. The items he got seem good and all but he still needs better options. :?

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 23:04 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
medics options are the most well balanced and decent ones available, although I'm talking from a 6v6 bias here where the only unlocks allowed should be the medics :D

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 23:08 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
medics options are the most well balanced and decent ones available, although I'm talking from a 6v6 bias here where the only unlocks allowed should be the medics :D
Heh. no the issue is that the basic kit for the medic is, bar the uber, utter crap. Once you have the new gun and saw you would never use teh old. No other class has that issue :?

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:23 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Incorrect, blutsauger is worse than the basic needle gun in most situations although I agree about the saw, but then again, i don't really know what the medic could have as a melee weapon, maybe something which steals health? WHO KNOWS

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:27 
Likes to type... (279)
I do hope valve drops the hats from the requirements for the item set bonuses, while I don't mind paying a few £'s for the new weapons, I definitely don't like the idea of paying £12 per hat to get the item set bonus too :evil:

The Sydney sleeper doesn't even seem to work with out the item bonus since your too vulnerable to other snipers, the scout and solider packs are just a straight up upgrades of +25 health and +20 sentry damage resistance respectively, the spy pack seems almost game breaking with the quieter de-cloak just for being visible for that split second longer while cloaking, although the loss of guaranteed disguise does make this not so bad, but for a good spy its going to be hard to deal with. The pyro one is the only one that even seems to be a trade off, 10% movement speed for a 10% vulnerability to the most common weapon type (bullet). And to get these your pretty much forced to buy the hats since the drop chance off these is so incredibly slim now, and with so many hats for each class crafting it is a bit of a long shot :(

the only real hope there is the polycount bundle which is £30, wish I'd seen that before I bought some of the weapons individually, then it might have at least seemed worth it, but the price of a full game for 5 hats seems a little excessive :lol:

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 02:42 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yes it worries me a bit, that people will spend money just to get an advantage over other players with class sets :/ I hope they wont make hats less expensive though, Tbh they should be 100$ each :P

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 03:15 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Bartg wrote:
Tbh they should be 100$ each :P
And kids with pocket money would still buy them, which is the scary part :S

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 03:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Incorrect, blutsauger is worse than the basic needle gun in most situations although I agree about the saw, but then again, i don't really know what the medic could have as a melee weapon, maybe something which steals health? WHO KNOWS
I simply cannot imagine what your logic is behind that...do tell?

de 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 10:21 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
That's so crazy that I definitely have to start my TF2 again. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 141.51 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]
there are only two differences between the two guns.

de 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:23 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I found a nametag and also got a CnD gifted while I idled. :D

se 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:29 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Normal needle gun has a base self regen of 3HP/sec and goes up to 6HP/sec after not being damaged for several seconds. Blutsauger only has 1-4HP/sec.

Mini is again speaking from a competitive pov, where the medic can most of the time rely on his soldiers to defend him and rarely shoots himself (so he doesn't gain from the +3HP per hit bonus). On publics, both are viable options (depending on if you know there are people on the server that care about you as medic, or if you're playing with strangers).

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:41 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
LOL! the best part of this update which i forgot about last night, was the fact i got the Cheaters Lament as a drop lol hahaha, not that i intend to ever where it, and it sucks i cant trade or smelt the bitch but its just a nice fuck you, i cheated, go fuck your own face :D

se 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:46 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
LOL! the best part of this update which i forgot about last night, was the fact i got the Cheaters Lament as a drop lol hahaha, not that i intend to ever where it, and it sucks i cant trade or smelt the bitch but its just a nice fuck you, i cheated, go fuck your own face :D
Ah true, I also found one :) It's probably a bug, but it's still nice to know that now all the people that felt special because they didn't "cheat" are not so special anymore.

se 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 11:59 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Apparently, the new sniper rifle penetrates without damage falloff:

lol

ro 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 12:01 
Geek (736)
haha, RAILGUN!!

de 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 12:03 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I got a supply crate, so Im looking for a key. :?

Please open a trade forum. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 12:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
you can buy a key ;)

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 16:24 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Sydney sleeper can even penetrate through engi buildings :wink: Surely a bug here.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 16:30 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
what does it shoot?

and when you say penetrate, do you mean like how i penetrated your mom it travels thru the buildings and hits the engy behind or something?

:mrgreen:

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 16:39 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yes it penetrates ur mum goes through building and kills anyone sitting behind, or all sitting behind judging by that scout railgun kills video 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 16:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i didnt see the video until now.... shit!

I WANTS IT! will trade for the new spy pistol :D