Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:54

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Mann Co. update
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 18:56 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
well, the important thing is that items can still be gotten the good old fashioned way.

this is gonna take a bit of time to settle in and for the dribbling to stop. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:42 
Likes to type... (279)
Looks as though valve have seen that the hats being rare is a problem so they've decided to try and fix it, by adding crafting recipes for the new hats
While it still seems kinda crap that you still need to wear the hats to get the bonuses (sad that I'll have to give up my Brigade Helm for pyro :cry:) this is at least going to make it less irritating, though if they need hats in the recipes I'm gonna be really pissed off :evil:

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 01 Oct 2010, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:44 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I think there will be 2 recipes - one using only metal and other involving hats. I think only crafted and found hats should count towards set, buying them just to get an advantage over other players is WRONG.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:46 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i'm more annoyed at being restricted to wearing a particular hat in order to get a particular bonus. the whole point of hats was to look good, not be like other 'items' - being fairly tied down to certain hats is just annoying, and it'll imbalance the trading system that has just been set up :/

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:49 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yes but for example spy set without a hat would be a) too easy to get b) to overpowered if every spy could use it.

Last edited by Bartg on 01 Oct 2010, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 19:52 
Likes to type... (279)
well unless valve gave someother way to see if someone has a set bonus then its the only real way to balance them, seeing a scout with the milk mans hat is a good indication that he has +25 health, and seeing a sniper with the crocodile hat is a good indication that hes immune to headshots. of course people can always were the hats without the other items which is going to make the whole game rather confusing now :cry:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 21:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
is a good indication that hes immune to headshots.
im gonna shoot them in the cock.

ROSWELL STYLE! :ugly:

pl 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 21:15 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Hehe good idea 8) I cant wait to find a name tag and name my knife "BIG BLACK COCK".

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 05:33 
Likes to type... (279)
just read the new PCgamer interview with robin, this paragraph is the only one that seems particually interesting
Quote:
PC Gamer: What was the game mode that didn’t make it in, and why was it dropped?

Robin Walker: The new game mode didn’t make it in because we simply ran out of time to get it done. So it’ll be in the next major update, which isn’t too far away. The game mode itself is pretty much done, but we’re still working on the new map that features it (although it will work in existing maps). The sixth Polycount set I mentioned last time we talked is also being held back, because it’s tied to the new game mode.
So i guess that explains what happened to the sixth polycount pack, and i'm glad that the dueling mini game isn't the new game mode that was mentioned last time.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/30/inter ... eal-money/

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 00:36 
Likes to type... (279)
looks as though the set bonus hats are being removed from the store, and being replaced by crafting recipes consisting of 2 refined metal and a crafting token, which is still quite a lot, but not too bad, and at least it should be a 100% chance of getting the hat you need rather than taking a chance by just crafting any hat for that class.

still no word on what they plan to do about keys for the crates only being buyable. I'm just glad the 2 i've opened have been worth more than the price of the key, though i doubt i'll push my luck and open any more

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 02:57 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
So what hats did you get Wild ? :P

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 04:11 
Likes to type... (279)
from the first crate i got the Vita-saw which while not great is at least a nice suprise since its the rarest weapon in the game right now (save for the golden wrench obviously) and is actually fairly decent. and from the second crate i got the pyro sombrero which is awsome 8)

Also, fucking insomnia :evil:

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 08:27 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
from the first crate i got the Vita-saw which while not great is at least a nice suprise since its the rarest weapon in the game right now (save for the golden wrench obviously) and is actually fairly decent. and from the second crate i got the pyro sombrero which is awsome 8)

Also, fucking insomnia :evil:
Anything you are willing to swap for that Vita-Saw? Its about the only thing of interest to me in the whole update. Not sure there's anything I have you'd want mind as I am stupid unlucky with weapon drops. I do have a Powerjack though if you or anybody else is interested. I also have a crate that I might like to either trade or trade something else for a key.

se 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 10:57 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
btw, you can craft most of the new weapons:
Quote:

RECIPES

Scout
Mad Milk = Jarate + Reclaimed Metal
Shortstop = Force-A-Nature + Reclaimed Metal
Holy Mackerel = Sandman + Reclaimed Metal

Soldier
Black Box = Direct Hit + Reclaimed Metal
Battalion’s Backup = Buff Banner + Reclaimed Metal

Pyro
Degreaser = Backburner + Reclaimed Metal
Powerjack = Axtinguisher + Reclaimed Metal

Sniper
Sidney Sleeper = Huntsman + Reclaimed Metal
Darwin’s Danger Shield = Razorback + Reclaimed Metal
Bushwacka = Eyelander + Reclaimed Metal

Spy
L’Etranger = Dead Ringer + Reclaimed Metal
Eternal Reward = Cloak & Dagger + Reclaimed Metal
Could someone try Ãœbersaw + Reclaimed Metal, or anything similar?

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 14:06 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
No you cant craft vita-saw for now. Oh nice sombrero, I've searched steam trading forums a bit and Sombrero and Napper's Respite are 2 most common hats you'll get from crates, everybody is willing to swap them for Spy Fez or Snipers Crocodile hat :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 17:47 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I have a crate :4

se 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 11:06 
Geek (970)
Sleeper rail-gun seems like a bug :(
Still it's cool, and hard to pull off :o

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 11:25 
Likes to type... (279)
Wouldn't be too surprised, it’s probably an unintended side effect of the fully charged/random crit AoE jarate effect. With the damage from the shot being passed on to anyone in the area of effect, and then a new AoE jarate effect being created on that person. It's amazing that something like this didn't get noticed in the beta testing for these weapons, considering valve said it was taking the polycount weapons a lot more serious than previous community weapons, though seeing as the crit-a-cola was only designed the day before it was in game who knows what "more Serious" actually means :lol:

se 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 11:48 
Geek (970)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
though seeing as the crit-a-cola was only designed the day before it was in game who knows what "more Serious" actually means
Two days! This is SRZ BZNZ after all! :o

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 13:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
They test the new features sure, but the only real test is when its made public, so we should see a couple of weeks of tweak updates.

se 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 13:25 
Geek (970)
Aye, there's always something that passes by the internal testing, the manpower there can simply not compare with a whole gaming community!
Also it doesn't appear to me as that big of a problem; how often do you have more than one person in your cross-hair?
Then again, I haven't played sniper that much (though I enjoy playing around as a jarate-master with the new sleeper, jarate and bushwacka :) so I wouldn't know for sure.
On the other hand it's another story for engies camping behind their gear :o

pl 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 13:30 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
The team working behind TF2 now is rather small, its not like the manpower behind Portal 2 for example. But there are bigger issues with new weapons - for example if first shot from shortstop is crit next 3 will also 100% crit. The powerjack also doesnt work like it should - you'll get 75hp bonus if someone you set on fire dies in flames while you hold you powerjack on the other side of map :P

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 14:02 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
It is a small team, and you just cant test for 12 year old german kids who plays spy all day, unless you have that kid for testing.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 14:40 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Pyro Sombrero............?

I must HAVE IT!!!

pl 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 17:00 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
It's not rare, it pops out of about 5% crates :/

de 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 17:04 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Sleeper railgun effect was already in the game on the Ambasaddor. It allows you to kill engis behind their sentry. So it not exactly an never seen before bug and should be easy to find when bug testing.

pl 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 04:19 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I've just played against really good dead ringer spy with spy set - its ridicolous, not overpowered, just ridicolous. It doesnt reduce the decloak sound, it completely removes it, so he was able to massively spam dead ringer every 5 seconds decloaking behind people and stabbing them, collecting metal from their weapon and over and over again :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 10:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I hope valve nerfs the fuck out of the spy, as your average tf2 player isnt going to notice a spy using that knife because they are too dumb to put together; the hud telling you that player was just back stabbed and the sniper running around and not sniping... it is too intelligent a weapon for the game, most of the time the medic will keep healing the heavy who was just back stabbed in front of him.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 11:57 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
I hope valve nerfs the fuck out of the spy, as your average tf2 player isnt going to notice a spy using that knife because they are too dumb to put together; the hud telling you that player was just back stabbed and the sniper running around and not sniping... it is too intelligent a weapon for the game, most of the time the medic will keep healing the heavy who was just back stabbed in front of him.
Will never happen as Valve has an even bigger chubby for the Spy than the sad-sacks who point grind with him. No doubt they'll just continue to give that class unlocks while ignoring the Medic and nerfing the Heavy to stop all the talentless, cry-baby arseholes out there... "But Natasha slows me down and like...like kills me and stuff. That's not fair! :cry: "

<sigh>

pl 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 17:57 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
The new knife is fine, makes spying hard but very rewarding. But the BS of no uncloaking sound is too much, you can uncloak from dead ringer 2 meters behind someone without notice :|