Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:20

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
gb 
 Post subject: Re: class limits issues
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:24 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Migu wrote:
Okay, I guess it's the best time to leave this thread then! :P
Migu you lightweight... come back and look at this thread.. LOOK AT IT!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:29 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Lim, come in here and post some of your Polish muscle men. That's sure to turn Anna into a lesbian in a matter of seconds, then this thread will be saved from her tyranny. :4

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:33 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Bring it on....

de 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:34 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
What are you talking about?! We already have a hot men thread!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:36 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Are you calling me a hot man???

ro 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 00:20 
The Necromancer (4970)
He's calling you a thread!

Also, your average Polish lower-class guy on the streets of Warsaw (as requested by McMoist):

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 00:23 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
More please

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 00:23 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I dunno... She might like that mate.

Where's that pimp you showed me once?

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 01:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
meh like all things it should calm down in time, if you ask nicely for other classes some people just change, and then the game changes.

i asked for medics on dustbowl today, when we had only 1, then i got 3 all on me :)

i guess i have to thank sonny for the hound dog hat, it works a treat ;) who said hats dont do anything ^^

de 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 01:38 
Doesn't get out much (357)
hats don't do anything

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 01:45 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Its just very annoying and weird magic link between heavy and medic - if there's one medic and one heavy in team 90% chance of them being paired forever.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 02:44 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i dont know, me had that one medic zombie... something and he was flipping incredible :)

oh yes, it was ditch who said it... :roll:

de 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 10:33 
Geek (856)
Bartg wrote:
Its just very annoying and weird magic link between heavy and medic - if there's one medic and one heavy in team 90% chance of them being paired forever.
I prefer a monogamic relationship too. But sometimes if a little annoying beggar yells "MEDIIIIIIIIC!" I may turn around and give him my attention for a few seconds. But awww a heavy makes me feel secure and save in his tender arms and its just fun to see my man slaughtering everyone especially YOU!

:)

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 10:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
no other class takes care of medic quite like the heavy :) well i always try to

se 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 13:24 
Likes to type... (284)
As a heavy it's fairly easy protecting your medic, same could be said about the soldier but as a demoman it's always a challenge especially if the enemy is made out of tiny baby diapers, i.e. the scout. :(

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 13:35 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Bartg wrote:
Unless its me as Medic in which case I make a point of healing the whole team equally which is why my team wins more. :18 The only time I'll stick close to a Heavy is when using a Krits as Heavy can be more use a lot of the time (for clearing large areas - compact spaces are better cleared with Demo, obv)

de 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 14:00 
Geek (856)
You are taking this derailment too serious. Anna I still wait!

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 14:19 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Bartg wrote:
Unless its me as Medic in which case I make a point of healing the whole team equally which is why my team wins more. :18 The only time I'll stick close to a Heavy is when using a Krits as Heavy can be more use a lot of the time (for clearing large areas - compact spaces are better cleared with Demo, obv)
That's more or less how I work as medic too howard, I don't stick to the same person too much especially if some of the team are almost dying and by trying to heal the whole team at once I can usually keep the team pushing forward whilst I hang back in the shadows ready to heal the next one. Just to make things clear I am usually the only medic so that's the way I have had to adapt.
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Anna I still wait!
I posted again Birdee did you not see... wait I'll post it here

de 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 14:52 
Geek (856)
Oh yes that guy is cute. Do we need to share him now Anna?

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 15:06 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Cause its by far the easiest and most overpowered class, especially with natascha 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 15:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Bartg wrote:
Cause its by far the easiest and most overpowered class, especially with natascha 8)
<epic sigh>

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 15:21 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Its not my personal unliking against heavy, I love heavies, cause they're so easy to stab :mrgreen: But every stat data proves, that its by far the most powerfull class in every aspect and in the valve politics of keeping this game balanced between classes heavy got lost somehow :/

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 15:30 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well no, i agree about the spies and snipers as i said, but people stopped playing heavies a while back because they were SOOO underpowered they were just too slow and useless, now they have had a boost and people play it again.

You say they are overpowered, but you made the point of saying how they are so easy to stab. That's called balancing bart, heavies might be able to hoover up kills instantly but the flip side is, one small knife blade can take down the big boy, same as one bullet to the face ;) It's about balancing and you gotta appreciate how difficult it is to balance a massive mp game like this in general, let alone constantly having to tweak things with each update. Sure valve might tone down the Natasha damage if enough kids moan on the steam forums long enough but i doubt they will touch it as its not sooooo overpowered it makes the game unplayable currently; as you said, easy to stab.

Now, if they introduce a razorback for the heavy, by all means, moan ur frikin arse off. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 15:39 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Oh yes that guy is cute. Do we need to share him now Anna?
Yay.. thing is Birdee, he's married so we'll have to share him with the wife too :(

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 16:35 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Well before buffs heavy was still able to kill a lot, now its just way ahead of any other class. But youre right, ability to one kill headshots and stabs make it rather fair, I mean heavy is surely the first thing to stab now and since the new knife is so unbelievably brilliant I got tons of ubers from medics lately :mrgreen: Yesterday I stabbed a heavy when medic wasnt looking for a brief moment, then I said "Charge me doctor!", got kritz and shot medic in the face with critting revolver :mrgreen: I agree with you Balsee that Eternal Reward is too intelligent for this game - yesterday on fastlane I was able to chainstab 7 people in 15 or so seconds without any notice from their teammates. I only hope they wont nerf the knife itself, just the spy set.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 17:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the knife just needs a bit of a nerf in the sense that it needs a bit more of an alert maybe; and i know it means you can disguise when u have it, but its just not obvious enough. Dont get me wrong, all the scenarios you described are awesome, and i do remember you guiding in a medic deep into enemy lines then revealing yourself, that was jokes... it just needs a bit more work, i guess when they play tested it they had a shit spy testing it, and didnt realise how much the knife allows spies to mess with the enemies heads...especially if you are an ultra ninja spy :D

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 17:39 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Ye its ultra stealth, ane I've read petition to valve to even more buff it - the victim is unable to write or use voice chat till he respawns :ugly: But agree it maybe needs a slight change in order to be more noticable, altough sometimes getting the first disguise is pain in the a$$.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 17:46 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well no, i agree about the spies and snipers as i said, but people stopped playing heavies a while back because they were SOOO underpowered they were just too slow and useless, now they have had a boost and people play it again.

You say they are overpowered, but you made the point of saying how they are so easy to stab. That's called balancing bart, heavies might be able to hoover up kills instantly but the flip side is, one small knife blade can take down the big boy, same as one bullet to the face ;) It's about balancing and you gotta appreciate how difficult it is to balance a massive mp game like this in general, let alone constantly having to tweak things with each update. Sure valve might tone down the Natasha damage if enough kids moan on the steam forums long enough but i doubt they will touch it as its not sooooo overpowered it makes the game unplayable currently; as you said, easy to stab.

Now, if they introduce a razorback for the heavy, by all means, moan ur frikin arse off. :ugly:
This is the thing. One backstab (facestab more like), one sniper shot, 3 blasts from a scout and a Heavy is dead. That doesn't even cover the damage a pyro can do with airblast or that (irritating as all fuck) new burn em and hack em attack of theirs or the damage that a properly manned L3 sentry can do.

People who think heavy is OP just do not know how to play this game. Period. It is the second weakest class currently available and the second most abandoned class in terms of updates. If you get mown down by a heavy then chances are you did something wrong - if people would stop standing around with their dicks in their hands they'd do a lot better. :lol:

As to the spy's new knife - that's just annoying. Not 'cos it is OP (which it is a little) but 'cos it exists at all. Spy as a clas has more choices than any other. They received one of the biggest updates and their choice of weaponry is greater then just about any other class. Why Valve in their (utterly non-fucking-existent) wisdom decided they needed yet ANOTHER option is beyond me. Oh wait - no its not. Valve are as in love with the spy as every other talentless git out there. :D

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 17:51 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Quote:
It is the second weakest class currently availabl
Hahahahah and you dare to write we dont know how to play this game. Heavy owns everything in close and middle distance, when overhealed its really very hard to kill him if you dont get random crit. But I understand your point of view, you mostly play heavy and you will defend it. Thats fine, but every gameplay stats collected by valve proves, that its not weakest, its one of the strongest. Most kills, damage, points, damage per hit, kills per hit - all those stats are dominated by heavy. So how is he the weakest ? And how is it possible, that the weakest class can dominate the round so much ?

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 17:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Bartg wrote:
Quote:
It is the second weakest class currently availabl
Hahahahah and you dare to write we dont know how to play this game. Heavy owns everything in close and middle distance, when overhealed its really very hard to kill him if you dont get random crit. But I understand your point of view, you mostly play heavy and you will defend it. Thats fine, but every gameplay stats collected by valve proves, that its not weakest, its one of the strongest. Most kills, damage, points, damage per hit, kills per hit - all those stats are dominated by heavy. So how is he the weakest ? And how is it possible, that the weakest class can dominate the round so much ?
I explained myself fully in my post. The heavy is technically very easy to take down. The fact that he does so much damage is 'cos he is not taken down quick enough. The fact that he is not taken down quick enough is 'cos most people suck at TF2 (and/or are too busy playing spy and sniper and getting easy kills - whichever). Very simple logic to follow really.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next