Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:59

All times are UTC+02:00

pl 
 Post subject: class limits issues
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 21:05 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
From my experience on other servers 2 heavies is enough, last few days I saw teams with 3 or even 4 heavies and its just overkill. Also can you limit spies to 2 or 3 ? 4 is way too much, especially when scrambler kicks in, I know its post update time, but clearly that's too much.

Last edited by Bartg on 03 Oct 2010, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 21:08 
Community slut (13473)
http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... =74&t=7580

se 
 Post subject: Re: class limits issues
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 22:31 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Regarding classlimits, there's a bug with the classlimits on the highlander server. If you choose a class, then switch teams, you'll still have that same class even if it already existed in the other team.

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 22:32 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Regarding classlimits, there's a bug with the classlimits on the highlander server. If you choose a class, then switch teams, you'll still have that same class even if it already existed in the other team.
That's an engine bug, we don't have any class limiters installed on that server.

pl 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 12:10 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
So can anything be done about 4 spies ? It's a) annoying for other teammates b) not very usefull, since after 30 seconds everybody in opposing team spy checks every single wall.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 12:15 
Community slut (13473)
Oh i noticed somehow i hadnt read your intro post properly, somehow i thought it was about balancing.

pl 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 12:20 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
It was a bit about balancing, but I moved it to proper topic and left spy issue :P I think people will back me up about it, it's really annoying and bit pointless having that many spies in team.

ro 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 12:32 
Geek (602)
i totally agree about spy and heavy class

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 12:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I agree, plus im sick of seeing 4/5 "snipers"

de 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 13:43 
Illiterate (5)
And don't forget limiting demoman to max. 2.
Their spamming is quite annoying on some maps. (dustball, 3rd stage)

;)

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 14:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
LuNox wrote:
dustball, 3rd stage is quite annoying. ;)
Couldn't agree more :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 13:23 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Gotta agree about needing a limitation on the number of spies and snipers, but heavies being limited I am utterly against. Having 4 or more heavies may not be the best strategy but it is one that will not lead to an instant defeat, whereas 4+ spies/snipers categorically will. There are plenty of times, in fact, were 4 heavy medic pairs is the best tactic for an all out assault on a good defence.

EDIT - Wait - Didn't notice the call for limiting Demoman. Again I'd say no. Multiple demomen is a perfectly reasonable strategy, same as with Heavy. The point of limiting classes is to stop people causing their team to fail by playing a class that is useless ( or far less effective) in the current situation, not because that class is tough to play against. Attack classes like Solly, Demo and Heavy should always be encouraged and if you find it tough playing against lots of them then you need to learn to play better and nag your team to adopt better strategies.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 13:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i agree, 4 spies, 4 snipers is bad.

dont mind lots of heavies, as it means, more headshots :D but then i have to deal with some idiot sniper on our team walking in front of me, missing, then staying at the bottom of the scoreboard the rest of the game like a frikin TAPASS! :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 13:54 
Community slut (13473)
You people actually aim for a highlander modified.

The class limiter is only there to battle extreme cases and class updates. This means max. 5 per class any time, unless a class receives an update it will be set at 3. We won't do any limiting otherwise. If the heavies piss you off u fkin damn well backstab em!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 13:55 
Likes to type... (279)
I’m with Howard on this, while limiting classes where their effectiveness exponentially drops with the more people playing it (spies being the main example of this) or classes where having too many can really make it difficult for a team to win (spies, snipers and engis (on offence)) may be the best option, limiting classes just because they're hard to deal with is going a bit far. The one exception for this IMO is engis, especially on dustbowl since having to deal with 3+ sentry guns constantly just turns it into a 20 minute stalemate (but then that’s more of a problem with maps like dustbowl and goldrush rather than engis themselves).

Although I will admit that fighting against a team comprised almost entirely of medics and heavy’s with Natasha is very fucking annoying and not very fun to play against. :evil:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 14:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
You people actually aim for a highlander modified.

The class limiter is only there to battle extreme cases and class updates. This means max. 5 per class any time, unless a class receives an update it will be set at 3. We won't do any limiting otherwise. If the heavies piss you off u fkin damn well backstab em!
As ever, Saint, you d'man!

People do seem to want Noah's Highlander or something - its just lazy gamesmanship. There is nothing that is difficult to deal with in an opposing team so long as your team is willing to adapt. Put me against 12 goddam engies, all dug in with L3 sentries but give me 4 demo's and 4 medics with uber and we'll walk to victory. The only reason I would ask, still, for snipers and spies to be limited is that they have an unavoidable impact on their own team. While both classes are important and good to have, having too many simply destroys the capabilities of the team they are on.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 15:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
too many spies just makes it harder for themselves, one bad spy can ruin it all for the good spies... but as i see it, this recent update IS a class update as its made the spy even more popular, so can we make its limit 3? or is it already :S

i love heavies, bring them on, ill shoot them in their big fat faces then fuckers! :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 15:28 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
......like a frikin TAPASS! :ugly:
Yay I love spanish food

pl 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 17:55 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Good thing some people understands my point - if you have 4 spies on a team there is a big chance 2 of them will be rubbish, and 2 rubbish spies will ruin it for 2 good spies, and in fact your team. 4 spies can never be effective, its bloody 33% of your team, you will struggle to get anything more than backstabbing a sniper once in a while, cause the spy check will be immense. Limiting them to 3 is very far from highlander, the same for snipers. But I know snipers limit less than 4 would never be forced on this server, so just please limit the spies to 2/3.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 17:58 
Community slut (13473)
Bartg wrote:
Good thing some people understands my point - if you have 4 spies on a team there is a big chance 2 of them will be rubbish, and 2 rubbish spies will ruin it for 2 good spies, and in fact your team. 4 spies can never be effective, its bloody 33% of your team, you will struggle to get anything more than backstabbing a sniper once in a while, cause the spy check will be immense. Limiting them to 3 is very far from highlander, the same for snipers. But I know snipers limit less than 4 would never be forced on this server, so just please limit the spies to 2/3.
:-14

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 18:06 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hi guys.

Attachments:
railway_novel_x_by_photoport-d2zo8pd.jpg
railway_novel_x_by_photoport-d2zo8pd.jpg [ 126.89 KiB | Viewed 2069 times ]

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 18:38 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Hi guys.
I salute you for your successful derailment! :lol:

Now: who the hell is she?!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 18:39 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
who is that?

de 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 20:06 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
McMoist wins! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 22:51 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
saint has given his word
discussion over
thread is now devoted to pics of cute girls
fuck yeah specialattack!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 22:56 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
and hot men

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 22:59 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Dude, sick! :x

de 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:12 
Geek (856)
Thanks Anna for the try but he isnt hot. Try again please!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:17 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
No he isn't really... it was the first thing I could find... I will do better Birdeee... just watch this space
Edit: Omnomnomnom

de 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 23:19 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Okay, I guess it's the best time to leave this thread then! :P