Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:04

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
nl 
 Post subject: Re: Vote for me?
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:05 
SpA Fookah (4459)
That duck looks like the very first freaking picture I took in the parc here with my eos and it was awful. Though, it still did look better then her freaking duck.
I just want Moist to have that camera, my guess is that it's gonna make someone really happy :lol:
I think we need to find a few more of these retarded 1 vote per day competition and just freaking rule em all :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:23 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:23 
The Necromancer (4970)
Yeah, I actually wanted to post a little rant why I think the duck picture is objectively speaking shit (well, provide objective reasons for what is wrong with it but anybody can feel free to like it anyways).

So,

1) The theme is winter. All we see in this picture is a bit of snow on the sidewalk, and the snow looks crappy - there's not much of it and it's half-way melted. It's not something she could have done anything about APART from taking a different picture at a different location or different time. :-P

2) The center of the picture, the focal point, is at the base of the Duck's neck - if she wanted to crop it OR if she took it properly, it should be centered on something else. i.e. the ducks head/beak OR further down, the duck's body. There's nothing interesting about the neck itself. Also, she could have changed the angle or again the focal point so the picture would be divided into water/sidewalk equally for some additional artistic expression, but no...

3) The water ripples look like shit (probably due to a bad angle and the reflections that spoil the picture rather than adding to it). Again, not something she could have done anything about BUT taking photos is about capturing a moment. If all you capture is something that carries no special meaning, like, something you will probably see a 100 times while taking a stroll in the park, then it's not worth submitting to a compo... Unless you are going to underline the "specialty" of otherwise menial things - but the picture doesn't do that either. It's somewhere half-way between and hence fails on both ends.

4) The colors are too washed out.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:26 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
yup, pretty much

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:28 
SpA Fookah (4459)
I'm not even feeling bad this having a risk it's a little girl that can actually take pictures but badly needs a propper camera. Fuck that duck! I could take a more interesting winter pic of my desk right now!

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:32 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:34 
The Necromancer (4970)
The professional art critic that I am, I'll probably post rants about the other pictures at the top of the list too! Although I must say I like some of them - the Churchyard picture (though it seems slightly blurred and/or out of focus - look at the lamp), the picture of the Robin (oh look, a picture of a bird done right!) and the "Bavarian Border Birds". The others are shit for one reason or another (in my opinion =).

Update: Oh, and there are some nice pictures (and shitty ones too! ;-) on the second page as well. I'm afraid to look farther. :-P

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:39 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 10:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well with so many submissions, and the way pages are laid out, this is the only way to at least keep your photo in the first few pages so "real" voters actually get to see it, can't imagine your casual browser going through each page and photo, so this primarily helps keep your photo...ahem...excuse the pun... in focus :wink: .

Not forgetting the fact its an awesome picture (and not in a biased way cause it is you) as it has a really good atmosphere and wintery photo which is great because it adheres to the theme beautifully!

Now, if the theme was about pussy ass animals, then the duck would get my vote! Get in the pool! Cause you're going swimming fool! :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:22 
Has learned to write! (153)
Let's look at it this way:

Every other picture on the first page deserves a top spot in the competition more than the duck picture, hell, some or reeeaally nice.
This leads me the conclusion that she employs similar tactics like Moist: Getting other people to for for her own sake, not for the sake of the picture. Only difference being that Moist's pic is actually an unbiasedly voting-worth picture :D

So this is not only about winning the vote for Moist, but also about outnumbering the duck girl's 'community'. Treat it like a clan war :D
For SpA!

(Sorry for employing war-related lexis, I am not encouraging you to do harm to her. I guess you gotta be careful now, the whole Palin-Tucson issue :o)

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:44 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Well with so many submissions, and the way pages are laid out, this is the only way to at least keep your photo in the first few pages so "real" voters actually get to see it, can't imagine your casual browser going through each page and photo, so this primarily helps keep your photo...ahem...excuse the pun... in focus :wink: .

Not forgetting the fact its an awesome picture (and not in a biased way cause it is you) as it has a really good atmosphere and wintery photo which is great because it adheres to the theme beautifully!

Now, if the theme was about pussy ass animals, then the duck would get my vote! Get in the pool! Cause you're going swimming fool! :mrgreen:
If you were to vote for the duck over that robin I would bring the smackdown on you.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:56 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ofc i wouldnt moose! the duck is shit and deserves to be in a fucking wrap with plum sauce! Cause tonite! im the Sauce Boss! Robins are just badass, saw one over xmas telling big fat pigeons to fuck off away from its bread! was epic! and i was clearly bored :S

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:55 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
more importantly, we have now overtaken the blasted duck. all that stands between mcmoist and victory is the dreaded lamppost! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 19:03 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 19:11 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
We'll just have to vote more then, won't we?

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 19:12 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
The thing is, there are some absolutely lovely pictures being uploaded, and I do feel kinda bad that I'm achieveing the top spot like I am, but if this is how you play this particular game, then that's what I'm gonna do.

And I could have easily uploaded a daytime picture like the vast majority of the ones here, but I wanted to go for something different in order to stand out more. It's why I opted for the night shot in Lich. Obviously I haven't sifted through all the pictures, but I'm fairly confident there won't be many of those being entered, so at least I'm fairly unique in my approach.
Competitions stiff, but your piece would stand out anyway in a fair competition, alot of the other photos are snowy trees, though I quite like the 'At peace' photo in the graveyard, the snows fallen on the tree real nice. I mean if that duck was first, and people can vote everyday, no ones gonna win fairly. So we may aswell make sure a good photo wins :mrgreen:

I was in a battle of the bands esque thing a few years ago, when I was in a punk n grunge band. People were able to vote for the bands through text, so when it was time for everyone to get their phones out, like only one our bunch had phone credit(a pound per text) while other bands and their lot whipped out their phones and texted like crazy, it was a contest to see who had the richest mummies and daddies. Fuck them and their racks of expensive guitars, and their fancy synth pedals.

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 21:23 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Moist, I think your picture would be perfect if it wasn't for those cars...
I wish I could just make them disappear. ;)
Anyways, I am of course voting from time to time. Gogogo!
Also, what does the winner get? Can't find it really... :(

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 22:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Migu wrote:
Moist, I think your picture would be perfect if it wasn't for those cars...
I wish I could just make them disappear. ;)
Anyways, I am of course voting from time to time. Gogogo!
Also, what does the winner get? Can't find it really... :(
I thought you loved cars Migu!!! :mrgreen:

Just voted again, and your number 1 at this time of posting... :5: lamp post can take a chill pill, overdose, then die.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 22:38 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 00:02 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
I can feel it in my bone. :x
:5: You excellent man

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 02:29 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
done

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 08:41 
Geek (733)
As as this means you will take photos at the SpA meeting Moist :)

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 10:40 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Voted again, picture was in first place at the time :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 11:08 
Geek (975)
voted - as I think your picture is in fact a good one.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 12:38 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hmm

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 13:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Revenge wrote:
As as this means you will take photos at the SpA meeting Moist :)
Double the As! :ugly:

Just voted again, personally im getting bored of it being on top, we need the lamp post or duck back for some good old fashioned competition!

Point of that post was to re-state that you are number one in case someone miss interrupts that as they always do.

:ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:08 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
is it just me or does that lamp post picture have some really bad pixelation

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:12 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
It's gonna go right down to the wire. I can feel it in my bone. :x
As the closing date for entries is in march we have a lot of time to contemplate both the wire and your bone.

cl 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:14 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Voted again for you, mate. Best wishes.

au 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:38 
Illiterate (5)
rawr, that scare ya?

voted.

and will again tomorro :)

Ohai

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next