Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:07

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 03:05 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Ah yeah you're right not screamo, I seen a lot of shitty bands crop up around then, some were screamo, but like emo screamo :|

Well that's why I said we all know what we think of Green Day :P

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 03:24 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Me and balls seem to be on the same page as regards to emo, 86 to about 2000 a lot of awesome, unfortunately a lot of people have grown up seeing what came after 2000 I blame Chris Carrabba. I'm not sure on Ball's views on screamo but it certainly grew from emo in the early 90's and damn is some of it amazing.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 03:44 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
Me and balls seem to be on the same page as regards to emo, 86 to about 2000 a lot of awesome, unfortunately a lot of people have grown up seeing what came after 2000 I blame Chris Carrabba. I'm not sure on Ball's views on screamo but it certainly grew from emo in the early 90's and damn is some of it amazing.
I'm aware emo was a sort of sub genre of punk or something, and was basically punk, but with more emotion or something? Not sure, but sadly some fucking rubbish has dominated the genre, so I'll never know unless I do some serious googling.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 04:42 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
JuncoPartner wrote:
Remember all the cool bands have popular acronyms like MCR, PATD, LP, TBS, GD, BMTH, FOB, FFAF :ugly:
How could you leave out AC/DC :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 11:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
sub-genres etc get a bit hazey with me and often i cba to draw the lines on what is what...

emo wise, there was a period up to the mid nineties when emo was good, and referring to the word was good, but then nowadays too many shite bands get associated with it, and you have all these myspace whores who are "emo" but they really aren't at all associated with the sub culture and its just the mass media confusing sub-genres with popular culture which is a real shame because it has tarnished it imo. I always consider emo to be either emotional punk or geeky rock imo. They are probably more alternative rock but i've always considered The Get Up Kids to be one of fav emo bands, but that's probably not correct. But it also depends on the album, alot of bands who wouldnt be classed as an emo band, have done emo albums. Don't get me wrong, I know the history of the genre, as i did a paper on it at uni. It's just a shame how the term is now plastered onto everything and rarely actually represents the origin of the term. i blame those cunts at kerrang! tbh... :roll:
SomethingAmazing wrote:
How could you leave out AC/DC :mrgreen:
Please, be joking...

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 16:42 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
:26 Get Up Kids :26

That is all.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 17:56