Post subject: Re: tf2 Vs Minecraft
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 04:36 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
That's depressing, I'll never get a cool hat now :(

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah, tf2 crafting is a bit bard! takes so long to get enough metal (without trading) and when u do randomly craft a class hat, its never the one you want :<

It's easier just to make the metal and try and trade for it.

ca 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:05 
Geek (727)
Yes it may seem long but when you don't think about it you'll find yourself with lotsa useless weapons. Besides, I don't craft hats anymore, I just try to get the one I want with trades! Why would I waste 3 refined for something I don't want when I can get the hat I want for 2. ^-^

<+Thaw111> typo
<+Thaw111> shit

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Pandorum wrote:
Yes it may seem long but when you don't think about it you'll find yourself with lotsa useless weapons. Besides, I don't craft hats anymore, I just try to get the one I want with trades! Why would I waste 3 refined for something I don't want when I can get the hat I want for 2. ^-^
:16 exactly, plus i dont like to buy into the mannconomy thing too much (apart from with my money :evil: ) but several new tf2 players/minecrafters ive just given them spare weapons if they needed them or the new ones etc, its all about giving :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:35 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Pandorum wrote:
I normally craft because I like to gamble, I'm a risk taker.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Pandorum wrote:
I normally craft because I like to gamble, I'm a risk taker.
why dont you just try trading with russians then? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:56 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Balls gave me a black box for abit of scrap, and I've had some fun with it, thanks man :5:

I earned a ghastly gibus hat with an achievement, and I was quite pleased about it, and put on a couple of my classes. I look around and everyones been copying me and wearing the same damn hat :x

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
JuncoPartner wrote:
Balls gave me a black box for abit of scrap, and I've had some fun with it, thanks man :5:

I earned a ghastly gibus hat with an achievement, and I was quite pleased about it, and put on a couple of my classes. I look around and everyones been copying me and wearing the same damn hat :x
ill throw you a paint if i get one to make you stand out from the rest 8) it's quiet a common hat though, it came with the first Halloween update, but you get one if you dominate a player with that hat... i think?

se 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 21:51 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
The funny thing is this part: "Hats don't affect gameplay" (besides those you need for the special set like milkman hat, fez etc.- they're obv. excluded). So it doesn't fucking matter how long it takes to craft a hat.
Pity all those that waste their precious hard-earned real life money on useless pixels.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 22:11 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
maybe it isn't hard earned? i.e, they have enough to waste 8)

ca 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 00:48 
Geek (649)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Pity all those that waste their precious hard-earned real life money on useless pixels.
I think about that everyday... Yet I still play minecraft.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 00:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
maybe it isn't hard earned? i.e, they have enough to waste 8)
that is why it is called disposable income :D

Plus in this industry, it is reeeally expensive to provide ongoing content and support for a game post-launch, and alot of those hats that people pay for, a good percentage goes to community members, and map makers who work really hard in their own time to provide us with new fresh content that keeps a really good game alive for alot longer than some other mainstream titles normally last. Most new games which have MP normally have a shelf life of like 6months, then dev teams cut support and updates. We have had it for TF2 for 4 years or so! Like on AVP we stopped support after like 3 months, and the consoles are still buggy on multiplayer! I COMPLETELY AGREE that spending 30quid to dress like a crocodile is a bit extreme, and some of the deals online for unusual hats are borderline insane...
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
"Hats don't affect gameplay"
Arguably yes, but also, perhaps confidence in the way you look can help your performance :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 01:18 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hats make you look pro 8)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
ill throw you a paint if i get one to make you stand out from the rest 8) it's quiet a common hat though, it came with the first Halloween update, but you get one if you dominate a player with that hat... i think?
Yeah, that's how you get it, I think I'll keep it black though, I wouldn't know what colour to make it.

I've seen spies with bright yellow or pink top hats, which really doesn't do them any favours :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 10:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
JuncoPartner wrote:
Yeah, that's how you get it, I think I'll keep it black though, I wouldn't know what colour to make it.

I've seen spies with bright yellow or pink top hats, which really doesn't do them any favours :lol:
Not to mention snipers! I remember when the halo first came out, it was a fucking dream, made heads stand out so clearly! :twisted:
The only time bright extravagant hats are good on classes is if they are really fucking good! Example: SonnyBlack has a burning demo hat, so when i see that hat running towards me ill make sure im retreating or unloading as much ammo as i can into him.

Plus painting the gibus makes you look like a german snowboarder... :| har har

us 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 12:46 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
Speaking of hats, I found my first one the other day :mrgreen: Aside from the gibus, and ellis's hat :/ It's the tipplers tricorn or something. Is it a common find? Cause if it is I'll be slightly depressed. But I'm assuming it is since I found it :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 12:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)

Um, I dont think it is a common drop! congrats! :D plus you said you like playing demo so thats awesome :D
:5:

se 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 15:23 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
"Hats don't affect gameplay"
Arguably yes, but also, perhaps confidence in the way you look can help your performance :mrgreen:
I realise you wanted to make a joke, but I'll just pretend you were serious and say: No, because confidence/personal skill has nothing to with the gameplay mechanics/metagame ;)
Quote:
The only time bright extravagant hats are good on classes is if they are really fucking good! Example: SonnyBlack has a burning demo hat, so when i see that hat running towards me ill make sure im retreating or unloading as much ammo as i can into him.
How exactly is it a GOOD thing if people run away from me or focus fire when I want to kill them? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 15:32 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Relentless wrote:

I realise you wanted to make a joke, but I'll just pretend you were serious and say: No, because confidence/personal skill has nothing to with the gameplay mechanics/metagame ;)
It's funny cause alot of people have said when they put on the Larkin Robin hood hat thing for the sniper, they can no longer use the huntsman hehe lol I like hats purely because it means i get to customise my character slightly, but don't get me started on how much i hate those colours that break tf2's colour palette. :evil:
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Quote:
How exactly is it a GOOD thing if people run away from me or focus fire when I want to kill them? :ugly:
because, fear is delicious ^^ and in my case i get to shoot them in the ass! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
don't get me started on how much i hate those colours that break tf2's colour palette. :evil:
I really want the soldier helmet, with the cards and cigs in, but the black band doesn't look good on the against the default helmet colour. I'm not sure if blacks the default, but it puts me off wanting it quite abit.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 22:38 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
:shock: The soldiers stash is beautiful just as it is :<

us 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 23:02 
Has no REAL life! (1295)

Um, I dont think it is a common drop! congrats! :D plus you said you like playing demo so thats awesome :D
:5:

Yeah, and i dont give a fuck about hats that arent to a set :D I just traded it for 2 refined 8) AND found the skullcutter in the same round. Fuck yeah 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 00:00 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
soldiers stash was the first hat I got I think, I was the bees knees, then the power got to me, and so began my fall from grace

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 03:34 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
soldiers stash was the first hat I got I think, I was the bees knees, then the power got to me, and so began my fall from grace
Took a propper look at it, the colours don't clash so bad at all, hopfully I'll get it on a lucky drop, I think that's the best way to get a hat, because it lets the hat choose you.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 13:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I got my trophy belt on the first day that hats were released, and the second i joined the server. I was so happy, but the envy and jealous of my peers brought around fear and greed! prompting emails to valve to ask for more hats, more and more hats, more and more and more hats! and now we are plagued by this cursed head worn object, even to the point where it has formed its own economy... :shock:

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 08:45 
Geek (638)
SA- 2 ref for a tricorn is a great deal to recieve. Is good trade.
Balls wrote:
but don't get me started on how much i hate those colours that break tf2's colour palette.
Pink as Hell for the win!