Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:52

All times are UTC+02:00

au 
 Post subject: Vadrum - Andrea Vadrucci
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 07:37 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
For those who didn't know, the world was FINALLY graced after a long wait with the Italian, Vadrum's debut album "Classical Drumming".
Here is a slice of the epicness that it contains.

The one thing that separates him from other solo drummers is the pure fun an energy that he puts into his performances, which can quite literally be heard through his recordings. He has made many wonderful drum covers, and not only classical music ones. This is the video that got me interested 2 years ago (assuming you have all heard monophonic Nokia ringtones):

Here is a link for those who wish to purchase this as I just did (only online purchases at the moment);
http://www.classicaldrumming.com/index_eng.htm

It is well worth it, putting a highly interesting twist on the most influential music genre.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to add this;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZqwvjwq ... re=related[/youtube]

de 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 11:23 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Omg, this is awesome!
I am a huge drums fan and this guy just got a new fan! :P
You can really see he's having fun playing! :D
Will be checking all his other stuff out.
Thanks for sharing! :5:

Edit: Just purchased his album on iTunes! 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 13:44 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Totally awesome, I think I want to marry him :shock:

au 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 13:53 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
I have been waiting for this album for AGES! It was originally an October release date, and I was SOO excited because I was in Italy then so I could grab a hard copy and shit without it being shipped over but it just didn't happen. But now it's out and it is DAMN good!!

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 14:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Im at my mates house, and i had to show him that first video as he plays in an orchestra and wishes their drummer was like that!
the other two were okay, but not as interesting or energetic as the first one. Mr Bungles cover of the mario theme was fucking awesome.

But as for that first video, all I can say is!

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 14:18 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Awesome, just awesome.

Speaking of drummers

I was watching this earlier

de 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 16:34 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Awesome, just awesome.

Speaking of drummers
YouTube video

Hahaha, that guy is hilarious! :lol:

be 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I wish my kit sounded half as good as this guy's.
I don't like overly huge drumkits because most drummers don't know how to use them and sometimes even use it to mask their lack of imagination (if you can be creative and funky on a basic kit, you can be so on a large kit, not always the other way around). But this guy works that thing like the baddest motherfunker I've ever seen.
Look at the fun he's having! That's so important and that makes his music sound better.

At first I was a bit discouraged by watching this as I can never get on his level, but I can sure as hell try to have just as much fun. That's something a lot of musicians don't keep in mind.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 18:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
I don't like overly huge drumkits because most drummers don't know how to use them and sometimes even use it to mask their lack of imagination (if you can be creative and funky on a basic kit, you can be so on a large kit, not always the other way around). But this guy works that thing like the baddest motherfunker I've ever seen.
Look at the fun he's having! That's so important and that makes his music sound better.

At first I was a bit discouraged by watching this as I can never get on his level, but I can sure as hell try to have just as much fun. That's something a lot of musicians don't keep in mind.
Totally agree, some of the best jazz drummers barely even have a full basic kit, but the you get drummers like Dave Lombardo in fantomas who have 360 kits that are used completely to perfection!

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 19:14 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:

Totally agree, some of the best jazz drummers barely even have a full basic kit, but the you get drummers like Dave Lombardo in fantomas who have 360 kits that are used completely to perfection!
Whats really sweet about that is you pick fantomas as Lombardo's band, I think most people know him from Slayer right?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 19:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:

Whats really sweet about that is you pick fantomas as Lombardo's band, I think most people know him from Slayer right?
lol well the drumming he does in slayer is like a 10th of his ability. Plus im a much bigger fantomas fan than slayer; tbh i only really enjoy slayer because of him.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 21:53 
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Awesome, just awesome.

Speaking of drummers
YouTube video

YES! I SO wanted to post that. That guy is almost equally as awesome.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 02:31 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
How the hell is he hitting those drums with that crazy ass movement.
Im at my mates house, and i had to show him that first video as he plays in an orchestra and wishes their drummer was like that!
the other two were okay, but not as interesting or energetic as the first one. Mr Bungles cover of the mario theme was fucking awesome.

But as for that first video, all I can say is!

Indeed, those videos are quite a bit of time apart, and none of them have quite as much energy as his classical drumming, which makes me so glad for the album released.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 05:01 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
Niel Peart is a different kind of drummer than the one ollie posted about, but I'm a big classic rock/rock fan, and this guy always amazed me.

this one's a bit long, but still ridiculous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0C5Uxp ... re=related[/youtube]
solo starts around 3:20 if you're interested.

be 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 05:17 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
If we're gonna talk about drummers in general I might as well throw in a few artists that have inspired me quite a bit :mrgreen:

Bonham is a beast. His drumming as raw, emotional, sweaty, primal. All the things I like in drummers, drumming and music in general.
This might not sound mindblowing but at the time it was almost unheard of and some of the techniques he uses have influenced a lot of later drummers.

Chad Smith. Not very technical, special or even innovative in his drumming, but I just love the funky things he does and how he's that ingredient in the funk stew that doesn't taste amazing on its own, but ads a nice touch to the 'flavour' of this musical dish. He's the man that got me into drumming.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ajnHQt ... re=related[/youtube]

Dave Grohl is heavily inspired by Bonham and (like the other drummers I've posted) is just bursting with energy. This particular clip might not show of his best work, but it shows he's changed since Nirvana and that he seems a bit misplaced in the Foo Fighters.

Oh, and, FRESH POTS!!

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 10:17 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
Chad Smith. Not very technical, special or even innovative in his drumming, but I just love the funky things he does and how he's that ingredient in the funk stew that doesn't taste amazing on its own, but ads a nice touch to the 'flavour' of this musical dish. He's the man that got me into drumming.
He's a really good example of someone who does a lot with a very little :)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
Dave Grohl is heavily inspired by Bonham and (like the other drummers I've posted) is just bursting with energy. This particular clip might not show of his best work, but it shows he's changed since Nirvana and that he seems a bit misplaced in the Foo Fighters.

Oh, and, FRESH POTS!!
Dave Grohl is a legend! Even when his drums weren't to interesting in Nirvana his work with Queens and the D is awesome.

Also i swear in some of those clips he looked like a Skinny Silent Bob :D :5:

---

I love the drumming in Fantomas (even though its probably not appreciated by alot of people because of it being quite avant garde), its normally recorded by Dave Lombardo, but live he quite often can't make it due to slayer commitments (DAMN YOU SLAYER! :twisted: ) so in these videos its Terry Bozzio who plays for Frank Zappa and Missing Persons.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 11:05 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
Anything with Mike Patton hurts my face and my soul but in a completely good way. Mr. Bungle blows my face off. Squeeze Me Macaroni is among one of my favourite songs after I read the lyrics.

....its about having sex with food.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 11:22 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
One of my favourite drummers

David Grohl certainly is HOT a legend, amazing music artist and I kinda agree that he does remind me too of Skinny Silent Bob when he wears the baseball cap with his long hair :shock:

Just thought I'd add this one too :wink:
...and then of course there's the spoof which always makes me laugh, great bit of advertising!

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 11:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Ollieboy wrote:
Anything with Mike Patton hurts my face and my soul but in a completely good way. Mr. Bungle blows my face off. Squeeze Me Macaroni is among one of my favourite songs after I read the lyrics.

....its about having sex with food.
You just earned +600 Balls Points :5:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Just thought I'd add this one too :wink:
Object hidden. Click to display
Jeez, phil collins is looking good for his age :lol:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
...and then of course there's the spoof which always makes me laugh, great bit of advertising!
WARNING: NSFW content. Click to display
You just earned +2000 Balls Points :5: :16 and that is brilliant advertising :)

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 15:13 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Ooo what can I get with those points?

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 15:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Ooo what can I get with those points?
same crap stuff you can get with McMoistosoft points from his "vote for me" thread. :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 15:44 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Cesar Zuiderwijk for me tbh, Saint and me had the pleasure to see this man perform a 20 minute drum solo, stoned out of my tits :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbnhidKI ... re=related[/youtube]

Four way coordination, polyrythm, crazy shit tbh, check 3:20

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxBXCGd ... re=related[/youtube]

Lucas is another great dutch drummer and I just love latin :P

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 15:51 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Cesar Zuiderwijk for me tbh, Saint and me had the pleasure to see this man perform a 20 minute drum solo, stoned out of my tits :mrgreen:

YouTube video

YouTube video

YouTube video

Four way coordination, polyrythm, crazy shit tbh, check 3:20
YouTube video

YouTube video

Lucas is another great dutch drummer and I just love latin :P
Most awesome performance! :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 20:07 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Damon Che from Don Caballero is my favourite drummer.. Followed by John Stanier of Helmet, Tomahawk and Battles and Ikue Mori.

Ben Koller from Converge is pretty good too.

Recently my friend Nadin has been introducing me to a lot of African drumming and frankly nothing comes close those guys are amazing when she's back I'll get some videos from her.

de 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 00:21 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Ollieboy wrote:
For those who didn't know, the world was FINALLY graced after a long wait with the Italian, Vadrum's debut album "Classical Drumming".
I like my classical drumming in a complete, german package:

au 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 09:34 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
Dekar wrote:
Ollieboy wrote:
I like my classical drumming in a complete, german package:

YouTube video
WHAT IS THIS AND WHERE CAN I GET MORE?!

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 09:47 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
WAS IST DAD UND WO KANN ICH MEHR?! :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 11:06 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I pity the countries with no Heavy Wood bands. :P

There are not too many good videos of Coppelius around.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 14:37 
SpA Fookah (4459)

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 15:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Those points aren't really on topic :mrgreen: