Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:48

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Chernobyl, Super 8 clip
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 00:00 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
Short clip on one of a few cameramen allowed to film the work on the just exploded reactor.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 09:56 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I've always imagined what the exploded reactor would look like, cause I've never actually seen it before.

Harrowing stuff really. Amazing to think that education on radiation was so poor, that a man would climb up onto the roof of a building of a recently exploded nuclear reactor to film it. The truth of the matter is, that's why Chernobyl happened. Like most things in Soviet Russia, it was rushed along and botched to a lethal level. The engineers in the building couldn't even control the reaction.

Bloody tragedy. And I doubt the guys on the roof picking up graphite could turn around and say they didn't feel like dying today. They'd probably get shot.

Although, all credit to the people who died, as they tried to stem the unbelievable ecological disaster from spreading and becoming even worse than it already was. Although, apparently, the crust that keeps all the radiation buried could still give way and the resulting radiation spread could be 100,000 times worse than it would have been when the reactor exploded. :ugly:

So, that's a 'Must try harder next time' Soviets.

Oh... they're not around anymore. :|

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 12:01 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Reminds of this woman , who goes with her bike through chernobyl nowadays.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 18:16 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
Reminds of this woman , who goes with her bike through chernobyl nowadays.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/
No she doesnt travel alone or at night, she's not that cool stalker kind of girl, she said long time ago it was made up, she was normallny visitting the Zone like many tourist do. I hope I'll make my own photo story from there in July, cant fucking wait :4 :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:09 
Geek (975)
What most youngun's don't remember is that most of the sheep in Wales were affected by the radiation cloud that came over from Russia. Loads were wiped out to ensure the meat didn't enter the food chain.

You know what that meant don't you? The price of Kebabs went through the roof and thousands of late night clubers suffered a hunger that cannot be described.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:51 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I waste too much money on kebabs. :lol: Lamb kebab with everything in it is the best!

de 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 22:18 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Theres a nice german documentation about chernobyl with lots of recording from the accident and cleaning up. You can scenes takes from a helicopter shortly after the epxlosion and the cleaners with their makeshift lead armors.

Dunno if there is an english version of it.

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 0497&hl=de#