Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:48

All times are UTC+02:00

fi 
 Post subject: Re: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 22:50 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (21)
There's been no comments since the release of the game. One might presume this is because people are too busy playing? :mrgreen: I'm really enjoying Skyrim so far; I thought I'd get some sleep since I've already been playing for about 8 hours today.

But now I feel like playing again. Curses! :shock:

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:56 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Played a little bit on friday haven't had much time since.

Its pretty awesome up till now and far more immersive than Oblivion was. Mind you oblivion was a fun and good game, but this blows it out of the water. It has far more atmosphere, and the one city I have seen up till now actually has an area outside of the walls that is being used for farming. Something that really bothered me about oblivion, that cities had pretty much no farmfields around them... how the hell do they feed themselves.

The interface for the game is not streamlined for PC's though, I found myself wanting to play with a controller after the first few minutes. Luckily I have a 360 controller to hook up with and the interface works a lot better after that. Oblivion's interface was a bit more friendly for the mouse and keyboard, even though that also was designed for consoles.

Voice acting has been improved pretty well... except for that Wizard in Whiterun, imho its pretty terrible voice acting there.

Not much else to say yet... need to put more hours into it.

be 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 01:17 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Oh god, that wizard in Whiterun. I like how every Nord sort of has a soft Scandinavian accent, but that wizard sounds Dutch to me :? .

But yeah, I'm really enjoying it so far. Surviving as a pure mage can be pretty difficult early on: I ran into a Snow Troll while I was on a linear path going up a mountain for an essential early quest. It took me ages kiting it back and forth waiting for my magicka to recharge but I got the bastard eventually. I like difficult fights but as a Mage, the difficulty just seems to lie in running out of juice and not being able to do a thing for a while.
Fighting my first random dragon must be one of the most fun things I've ever done in a game. Even though it took me about 5 tries because I kept sprinting (alt) and wanting to open the menu (tab) at the same time. The fact that I'm a mana hungry whore and that a band of mercenaries set out to kill me arrived midway through the fight made the victory even sweeter.

Also, shouting things and people off of high places. Fus Ro Dah!

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 02:06 
The one and only (619)
Epic, Im loving Skyrim Sooo Much! I have a house a wife and companion, were like 1 big happy family!! xD

fi 
 Post subject: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:03 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Orange I know how you feel. I had to fight three at the same time O.o basically kiting with my bow till I had enough mana to take half of ones health away then somemore kiting shot like 200 arrows in that fight :/

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

fi 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:15 
I was up against some mercenaries that were looking for a woman from the inn in Whiterun. The final fight in that cave was me against seven or eight mercenaries. Awesome fight, although I had to run back to almost the beginning of the cave. The way the quest chain started was really cool as well, but I'll leave you guys to find it out for yourselves. ;)
Also, if you happen to walk around Solitude, you might be offered a chance to do some shady work. Take it. ;)

fi 
 Post subject: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:42 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Oh also I love using bound swords and ethereal shout. Partly becaus it feels badass as hell and i fill my soulgems :P

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

de 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 12:41 
Geek (630)
I really enjoy the game, like i enjoyed Oblivion too. To use the shouts makes me feel so mighty. :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:25 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Have you mage guys put on robes that increase your magick regeneration by a shitload? I dunno but my warrior keeps finding clothes that increase magick regen by 40-100+%

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 21:42 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Yeah, you actually find one during the game intro, in the room with cages you have to picklock.

be 
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:20 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
The most I've found so far is robes with 75% magicka regen and 15% bonus to one school of Magic.

I keep finding light and heavy armour with magic stats on them.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 01:11 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I play on Master difficultyon it feels like I will hundrets of hours until I explored everything / found the right strategy for every encounter.

Dualwielding swords at the moment ( not very good against bosses ) together with sneaking to take out most enemies. Enemies that can kinda instantkill me get worn down with a bow out of stealth.

Killed 3 dragons now.
The first was the story dragon.
The second dragon was killing bears, with which I was kinda allied ( friendly animals buff ). They distracted the dragon and even engaged him in deadly melee combat on the ground. These beasts are so powerful, its no wonder I didnt manage to kill one yet. :lol:
The third one I killed myself. Found a nice attack pattern that allowed me to use my dual swords to deal damage to the dragon without taking too much damage myself for the air(+landing) phase of the fight, bow took care of the ground phase.

Until now my character is a:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 18:34 
Geek (993)
the dual one handed swords looks badass. 8) It seems dragons get killed a lot by other monsters, i watched from behind a rock as a giant on its own clubbed a dragon to death which i found funny loosing only a fraction of its hps then I ran past and looted the dragon corpse(I had some of the graphic settings low but I've turned them up now).

ro 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 21:38 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Giants are really, really badass.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 23:36 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I had a dragon attack a city. It got quickly put down by the city guards. :ugly:
It was pretty cool, but it doesn't feel right that dragons are so incredibly weak. Its probably because gear upgrades don't have a giant effect on your combat effectiveness unless you pick up the crafting trees ( which scale far too good when stacked with each other according to the numbers I read somewhere ) and certain enemies being too strong.

Interface is really horrible consolish.

I'm getting more and more quests.

And here is the secret tip for a better gaming experience: Every time you start the game ( doesn't get saved ) press ^ to open the console, then enter fov 90. :D

Correct spelling forced by Firefox 8.0. :(

ro 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 01:41 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Yeah, the default fov is really really bad. It hurts my eyes. Another tip I would recommend is to disable Mouse Acceleration and VSynch from the .ini file.

As for dragons being too weak, are they regular dragons or varied ones? They way I'm seeing this game, everything without an attribute (frost, master, blood, chief etc.) is easy. One extra word and it's crazy.

The interface will be fixed in a mod, no worries about that. :) Luckily Bethesda is one of the few major devs who still give out modding tolls.

de 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 20:19 
Geek (630)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
As for dragons being too weak, are they regular dragons or varied ones? They way I'm seeing this game, everything without an attribute (frost, master, blood, chief etc.) is easy. One extra word and it's crazy.
Had no problems utn to kill the dragons. Got 5 or 6 utn(dunno exactly), always found some cover and killed them with arrows.

But now i got killed easily from a fire-dragon in the mission where u have to ask the one bloke for help to repair ciceros wheel. :( Couldnt find proper cover to kill the dragon before he got me.

de 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 20:32 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I'm killing Dragons, Frost Dragons, Blood Dragons and the only difference seems to be that X Dragons have more health.

Got a shout that makes you invulnerable for a short time and prevents you from taking actions with rather fast recharge, it's pretty good to avoid dragon attacks.

I'm not very far in the main story because I keep visiting new Cities to join new groups, and then I feel like doing most quests in the new city. THEN I feel like killing more dragons that are marked on my map. And then I want to join a new group. Etc...

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 00:13 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Haha, well I'm tinkering with different character setups

Right now I've settled on three different characters:

Mage, Thief, Warrior

Mage is furthest in the questlines and after learning the shouts at the monastary, I wanted to use a warrior for sure.. the dash shout just seems made for it. And then I was thinking about making a thief character to see how it would work.... well the thief is overpowered as hell.

On the other 2 characters I sat around 200-400 gold when I arrived in Whiterun (not having done the barrows yet).. this character is at that same point but already at 600 gold. And to be honest I don't even need to buy anything, as I just steal it. As I will be using the bow for most of my combat endavours I have already stolen most of the arrows from the gaurds around Whiterun, and picked up some pocketchange in the process. So after picking the guards outside clean, I moved into town and after talking to the beggar I went on to steal the poor chap some argonian ale. During the stealing of the argonian ale I just so happend to plunder the backrooms of the Inn as well as the lockbox next to the ledger that held another 70 or so gold coins. Walked up to the innkeeper and sold all the provisions back to her with a straight face. When I went outside it was night, and I fancied my chance at the display cases on the market stalls. After some careful positioning I was hidden and opened the damned things pretty easily. Silver and gold necklace within reach I got myself some more stuff to sell to the next merchant I meet. I still have my eyes on a bow that the drunken huntsman is selling, nothing fancy just an imperial bow.. but I can't go around coughing up gold for it now can I :ugly: . I know where I will be heading next nightfall!

ro 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:10 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
This is the one problem with playing a Thief in TES games: you end up spending your first 50h in the game stealing everything, from gold to rocks and pregnant moms.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 13:34 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Don't forget houses.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:07 
Likes to type... (229)
Yeah, i am actually seriously loving the game :D Dragon battles are so... epic! especially against 'Elder Dragons' !!!

also 8) EDIT: yeah video wasn't working so i'll just use the link ^^ its worth it!

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:51 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
So anyone else swapped to a 360 controller (or other gamepad) to play the game? I find the keyboard controls lacking, the only thing it offers me is more precision. The controller on the other hand works A TON better with their interface, fighting feels a lot better and swapping items feels easier. Just having analog controls make walking/sneaking/running a lot more smooth and lockpicking feels a lot better as well with the force feedback. Hell the force feedback makes everything feel more immersive. Feels a bit like a pitty I bought it on PC when I find myself playing it with a controller, but I suppose I do get better graphics and way faster load times.

Still having a ton of fun playing with my Khajit thief, and tonight I ran into some thugs who were sent to beat me up. After dispatching those, which was quite hard as I normally rely on sneak bonus damage, I ran into a damned brotherhood assasin also out for my blood. Seems like I am becoming quite the wanted man in Skyrim. Tomorrow my Thief will go slay the first dragon to properly start the main quest line. Did some quests for the Thieves guild first to get acces to a fence to sell all my stolen stuff.

de 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:13 
Has no REAL life! (1669)

This "mod" is pretty nice, it increases the intensity of the colors among other things. The video turns the post processing off and on for comparison.
It can be configured by editing a text file to fit your needs, e.g. if the video has too much color for your taste you can use something in between.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131

ro 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 13:06 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
If you're lazy, want an amazing looking version but simply don't want to play with the settings, just use this: http://www.2shared.com/file/ivKSTqel/graph.html

:)

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:22 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
So my Thief character finally started making his way to the greybeards tonight. He was about level 11 when he started the journey up. After pillaging some vampire nest, he finally arrived in Ivarstead. Talk to the locals and they warn me of the few wolves that might be on the path. Since my other characters were a bit lower level when they scaled the mountain I expected something a bit tougher than the normal wolves. Oh boy, was I in for it.

First turn on the mountain path I notice a frostbite spider (not the weak ones you fight in helgen)... okay so not just wolves I thought. I dispatch the spider with a sneak arrow and 2-3 follow up arrows and keep on climbing. Since its a bit silly to slowboat it all the way to the top in sneak mode I was just normal running when an Ice wolve attacked me, pretty tough for me as I normally rely on my sneak attack shot to severly hurt stuff. Yet I prevailed and kept on climbing, to sneak into something called an ice snake (wraith? I dunno was a floating snake). Swapped to the newbie spell and torched the thing to death, while chucking down pots to stay alive.

So I climb further and suddenly I hear a deafening roar... A FLIPPING DRAGON.. seriously... luckily I was sneaking and unnoticed at that moment in time. The dragon flew a few circles overhead and then left, as I wasn't really in the mood to fight a dragon on a small mountain path with almost no cover and no support from NPC's. So keep climbing and fight another spider and wolf, where I get to the damned Ice troll. I was being silly here and forgot to just torch the bastard. So I sneak attacked with my bow, plucked some more arrows in it and then swapped to the Jarls gifted Axe of Whiterun and a shield. I can only imagine how that fight would have looked if it was real. Imagine a catman fighting with an ice troll, all the while chucking down potions, applying poisons and eating chicken wings, salmon steaks, tomato soup, vegetable soup, bread, and other edible stuff.

Rawr I will kill you Ice troll, I shouted while quickly gurgling down the vegetable soup and pheasant breasts!

So finally arrived at the top and decided to call it a night.

My other chars didn't run into a flipping dragon up the way. That was a bit scary, luckily it took off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... E4uzGaQDQg

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 18:39 
Geek (993)
Crovax20 wrote:
I'm at the same point. That Ice troll was a bitch to kill for me, I ran out of potions by the time I reached him.

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 19:45 
I keep on hearing about these badass horses that kill everything, but my horse just runs away.

Case in point: a thief tries to highway me. I kill him and then turn around to see my horse gone. HE'S HIDING BEHIND A ROCK.

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 19:52 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
gebbss wrote:
I keep on hearing about these badass horses that kill everything, but my horse just runs away.

Case in point: a thief tries to highway me. I kill him and then turn around to see my horse gone. HE'S HIDING BEHIND A ROCK.
My horse can barely hurt anypony, and it dies quite easily... But yeah, the horsie runs off quite often :D Then I have to use the shout to detect life to find it again...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

de 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 22:10 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
My horse fights against bears. :5:
I think it got killed once when fighting a dragon but magically reappeared on the next fast travel. Or maybe its the horses brother, I didn't buy them after all but beat up the stable owner.

Got smithing to 100 and enchantment to 90, made me some Fortified Smithing equipment, with it some nice Dragon Armor and added 3 or 4 enchants with +39% one handed damage enchants on it, sharpened my weapons, which I forgot to do for a long time, but forgot to do it with smithing equip on.
My swords damage went from ~45 to ~170 each, armor increased considerably too from the new armor.
Killed everything pretty fast with them, even though my equipment was far away from being perfect with double enchants and potions to fortify crafting skills even more.
Mages still hurt though, should have picked 60hp over +30% stamina regeneration.

Finished the main quest line then, which is rather short and straightforward.
Will probably finish the Imperial vs Stormcloak and Thief Guild quest line and then mess up the cities big time. :o I hope the Dark Brotherhood invited me by then. :(