Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:19

All times are UTC+02:00

au 
 Post subject: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 07:15 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
For those of you who haven't already orgasmed at the sight of this new game, here we go;

Oblivion...with dragons!

Also, I hate wikipedia page linking but it IS a good collection of info on this up-and-coming life-fucking game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_ ... _V:_Skyrim

So, aside from the dragons, what are YOU keen for?

ro 
 Post subject: Re: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 08:14 
The Necromancer (4970)
I still haven't orgasmed and I got bored of Oblivion after like half an hour. Any other EXCITING news? :-P

au 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 09:43 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
I still haven't orgasmed...
Perhaps I could lend a ..... hand...

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 13:31 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Time will tell.

It will either be like Morrowind, and good. Or like oblivion, and bad.

Ill probably buy it either way.... but depending on which it will become, as lim said, I'll play it past the first 2 hours, or for 200 hours.

Time to read some details I guess :5:

Edit:
Quote:
Fast-travelling is a returning feature, allowing the player to instantly travel to any location that has been previously visited
Ugh, worst feature ever. Walk/ride the transport networks... this just ruins the 'epic' feeling a game with full world roaming has.... Not to mention, its probably just an excuse to not build an ingame transport system other than riding a horse or the like.

Like i say, ill still get it though :X

au 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 15:13 
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
Time will tell.

It will either be like Morrowind, and good. Or like oblivion, and bad.

Ill probably buy it either way.... but depending on which it will become, as lim said, I'll play it past the first 2 hours, or for 200 hours.

Time to read some details I guess :5:
Yeah i liked Morrowind for the slightly tedious transport system. I always ran into stuff and wasted so much time doing freelance quests.
Edit:
Quote:
Fast-travelling is a returning feature, allowing the player to instantly travel to any location that has been previously visited
Ugh, worst feature ever. Walk/ride the transport networks... this just ruins the 'epic' feeling a game with full world roaming has.... Not to mention, its probably just an excuse to not build an ingame transport system other than riding a horse or the like.

Like i say, ill still get it though :X
It's already slightly dead for me. But it is still Elderscrolls. I must buy it. (And enjoy it slightly)

us 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 17:20 
Secret Kitchen Princess (1256)
Yeah, I'll buy it. Hey, if they payed attention to what the fans have been saying, it may actually end up being a great game. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 17:38 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Just don't use fast travel or pretend that the fast travel feature is you travelling on a dragon while sleeping or whatever.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 22:07 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
I intend not to, but they wont include a proper inbuilt system, and will instead have a lazy ass game made for consoles and bean flickers.

Dont get me wrong, pander to those people who want to dip in and out of a game, touch their bum with a candle and have a poor, shallow version of a game released 10 years ago. Just realise another one alongside which doesn't. Take out the reduction in skills and customization, rather than 'consolidating' aka removing features. Why is it that they think taking things out of a game is a feature, this may well be more of a rant targeted to oblivion, only because thats all ive got to base this game on other than what I've read, but jesus don't make everything as simple as 1,2,3 and claim its a feature - its not, its a freakin anti-feature.

Something also that bugs me, you go to a dungeon and the mobs lock at your level, forever. Eh? I don't get it. So you suck and die to equal levelled mobs, so they say, its ok, just go away and come back in a few hours and the mobs will just be dawdling and jerkin it to harry krishna, and you can 1 shot them all. NOW THIS IS FUN INIT BOYS.

Nah this game will be fine, but if it goes in anyway the same direction as oblivion then it wont be more than just fine, which it could be, it could be ruddy brilliant.

/rant

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 22:46 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I totally agree, although I do like fast travel (or a transport system which is much faster than a horse). I modded the bollocks out of Oblivion to make it much more enjoyable, I definitely spent a lot more time on morrowind.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 00:10 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Bean flickers? :|

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 03:46 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Needed something to add to my repertoire of words to go with consoles. Just insert all of the above.

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 05:20 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
I intend not to, but they wont include a proper inbuilt system, and will instead have a lazy ass game made for consoles and bean flickers.

Dont get me wrong, pander to those people who want to dip in and out of a game, touch their bum with a candle and have a poor, shallow version of a game released 10 years ago. Just realise another one alongside which doesn't. Take out the reduction in skills and customization, rather than 'consolidating' aka removing features. Why is it that they think taking things out of a game is a feature, this may well be more of a rant targeted to oblivion, only because thats all ive got to base this game on other than what I've read, but jesus don't make everything as simple as 1,2,3 and claim its a feature - its not, its a freakin anti-feature.

Something also that bugs me, you go to a dungeon and the mobs lock at your level, forever. Eh? I don't get it. So you suck and die to equal levelled mobs, so they say, its ok, just go away and come back in a few hours and the mobs will just be dawdling and jerkin it to harry krishna, and you can 1 shot them all. NOW THIS IS FUN INIT BOYS.

Nah this game will be fine, but if it goes in anyway the same direction as oblivion then it wont be more than just fine, which it could be, it could be ruddy brilliant.

/rant
This, with the exception of the fact that its "hare krishna".

Morrowind will I fear be the high point of the elder scrolls series though I have a hard point picking between it and Daggerfall.

de 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 19:36 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Stolen from Staberas :4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz ... r_embedded[/youtube]

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 09:17 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Oblivion is quite nice though... I think a lot of people simply got overhyped. I just started playing it and I am enjoying it. I do think that morrowind had more atmosphere though.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 17:22 
New trailer:

:D

ca 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 17:53 
Geek (727)
Looks great! Thanks haf. :4

<+Thaw111> typo
<+Thaw111> shit

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 23:11 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Fuck me gently...

Better make sure I'm free for a few days on the 11.11.11.

au 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 12:05 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Fuck me gently...

Better make sure I'm free for a few days months on the 11.11.11.

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 21:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Ollieboy wrote:
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Fuck me gently...

Better make sure I'm free for a few days months lifetime on the 11.11.11.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 03:01 
I think I just found something to hold me over until Skyrim comes out:

http://morroblivion.com/

au 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 11:58 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Hmm... I like the idea of a returning Fast Travel. Sure, sometimes you want to run around and enjoy the scenery and do freelance quests, especially in the Shivering Isles, but sometimes it's really tedious having to walk for half an hour just to get to a place you've been to a hundred times.

On another note, does anyone know if Daedric Princes will return, and if there'll be the whole Shivering Isles and "Sheogorath is you" business. I love running into Oblivion and seeing our lovely Daedric Princes do their thing, e.g. torture of the innocents and all-round do menacing and horrid things in their own unique style.

That was always oodles of fun. Jumping into a cage and thinking that elf fellow was going to betray me in Paradise was also a load of fun.

[SpA]Hafnium wrote:
I think I just found something to hold me over until Skyrim comes out:

http://morroblivion.com/
Oh my god, I must see this.

fi 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 17:33 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Ivanosauros wrote:
--

On another note, does anyone know if Daedric Princes will return, and if there'll be the whole Shivering Isles and "Sheogorath is you" business. I love running into Oblivion and seeing our lovely Daedric Princes do their thing, e.g. torture of the innocents and all-round do menacing and horrid things in their own unique style.

--
The Daedric Princes have been present in every game, so why not in Skyrim? They have shrines everywhere.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 02:27 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
This is a new preview of it. Looks pretty boner-iffic even though it does have a lot of already discussed stuff in it.

ro 
PostPosted: 04 May 2011, 19:52 
Nerdish, tbh. (461)
The guy who made that trailer should receive a statue :D everything starting from the music is spot on. Can't wait for this game should be a GOTY candidate if they nail it right.

au 
PostPosted: 05 May 2011, 08:40 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
The more and more I hear about this thing the more and more I want it and the more and more I get a boner.

Thank you, ollie, for informing me of this piece of heaven.

de 
PostPosted: 05 May 2011, 23:24 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Jeremy Soule is the music composer for Elder Scrolls and other games and appearently he made awesome music starting with his first game Secret of Evermore (SNES) of which I am a big fan. :4
I wish I would have found that out sooner though. :(

fi 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 08:06 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
For all of you who can be found in Facebook, the official http://www.facebook.com/TheElderScrolls offers you the newest news about Skyrim :P But I think you all already know that.

ro 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 12:28 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
40m QUAKECON demo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkeqvf ... from=embed

be 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 12:38 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Man those people are annoying. They cheer for fucking everything except for the real time dialogue, which is one of the nicest changes I've seen.
The game looks pretty swish though. I pre-ordered it through Steam and I'm sure I won't regret it.

ro 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 21:06 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Yeah, they were retarded.

I'm not getting too hyped up though. I didn't really enjoy Oblivion that much and found it lacking quite a lot. The improvements to the combat seem to be solid though. TES was always more action than RPG in this regard so it's cool they are taking more steps towards it, kinda like what BioWare did with ME2.

I'll definitely be playing it though.