Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:00

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
nl 
 Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 teaser
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 10:14 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
so back to getting w7 then... i hope the transfer process doesn't come with a wall of problems... :<
Bucky and me both had to install win7 twice to get it as we wanted, so be prepared :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 10:18 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
so back to getting w7 then... i hope the transfer process doesn't come with a wall of problems... :<
Bucky and me both had to install win7 twice to get it as we wanted, so be prepared :mrgreen:
Well then let me just say, massive, massive balls :<

So what is the deal, i backup all my c drive files etc, and then what? wipe it? or just chuck in the w7 disk, nooby question i know, and howard will tear me a new one, but ive never upgraded before so im a scared :shock:

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:14 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

So what is the deal, i backup all my c drive files etc, and then what? wipe it? or just chuck in the w7 disk, nooby question i know, and howard will tear me a new one, but ive never upgraded before so im a scared :shock:
What i generally do, mostly cause i'm too stoned so its self protection, I back everything up from my c: drive to my other drives, then deatach my other drives, and have windows do a full format on the single left in drive.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:28 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

What i generally do, mostly cause i'm too stoned so its self protection, I back everything up from my c: drive to my other drives, then deatach my other drives, and have windows do a full format on the single left in drive.
otherwise it would format the other drives too if they were still attached (d,e,f etc) ? ARgh i hate de attaching them... they are all in some annoying cage :<

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:29 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

otherwise it would format the other drives too if they were still attached (d,e,f etc) ? ARgh i hate de attaching them... they are all in some annoying cage :<
In theory it shouldn't, but you know stoners and selecting the incorrect devices ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

In theory it shouldn't, but you know stoners and selecting the incorrect devices ;)
well i havent had a spliff since the 20th of december, so I could be okay :) so I just back up my files from my C drive, then full on format the C:drive, then chuck in the windows 7 disk?

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:39 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

well i havent had a spliff since the 20th of december, so I could be okay :) so I just back up my files from my C drive, then full on format the C:drive, then chuck in the windows 7 disk?
You can have win7 format the drive.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:47 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
sooo, i just chuck the disc in after i backup and let it just do its thing?

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 12:06 
Community slut (13473)
sooo, i just chuck the disc in after i backup and let it just do its thing?
Something along those lines, yea

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 12:09 
Community slut (13473)
http://bf3blog.com/2011/03/battlefield-3-supports-3d/
Quote:
At GDC, DICE have a number of technical presentations concerning their new Frostbite 2 engine, which powers Battlefield 3. One of the presentations, called “DirectX 11 Rendering in Battlefield 3″, goes into detail on the PC version of Battlefiled 3, and the DirectX 11 features it uses, such as Deferred Shading and SRAA antialiasing.

What caught our attention was also the talk of 3D support for Battlefield 3, of which one presentation slide was dedicated to, explaining how DICE incorporates 3D into the game. Battlefield 3 will support both Nvidia’s 3D Vision technology, and rival AMD’s HD3D. DICE will use “explicit 3D rendering”, which in essence means each frame is rendered to each eye, while retaining much of the image quality and detail that was in a regular 2D image.

3D on PCs of course requires a modern graphics card and a 3D monitor. There was no mention of 3D support on consoles.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 12:09 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cheers saint, i just hijacked this game thread for my tech support! noice! 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 14:32 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Do it, you might as well seeing as most games that are going to come out will be based on win7/vista. Make sure you get the 64bit :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:07 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Do it, you might as well seeing as most games that are going to come out will be based on win7/vista. Make sure you get the 64bit :5:
disc comes with both :) i dont mine upgrading, i use vista at work, so im no longer an xp snob etc, just really hate shit not working or "issues". Hopefully it will go smoothly! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 15:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 15:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
disc comes with both :) i dont mine upgrading, i use vista at work, so im no longer an xp snob etc, just really hate shit not working or "issues". Hopefully it will go smoothly! :D
Wait, wait wait! You are worrying me here. When you say "upgrade" you don't really mean upgrade, do you?

Rule 1 when installing: Always but always do a clean install. NO exceptions.

On that note though if you need any help installing let me know and I can walk you through it - you have to do Windoze installs in a certain order or you will fuck yourself up from the start.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 15:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Wait, wait wait! You are worrying me here. When you say "upgrade" you don't really mean upgrade, do you?

On that note though if you need any help installing let me know and I can walk you through it - you have to do Windoze installs in a certain order or you will fuck yourself up from the start.
basically the shop has two packages, one is an upgrade from xp, the other is a stand alone W7... saint has already told me to go for a stand alone, and its only a little bit more thats cool. He told me to back up all my C:drive shiz, then just run the disc, is that correct?

you spelt windows wrong.. you silly! :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 15:54 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

basically the shop has two packages, one is an upgrade from xp, the other is a stand alone W7... saint has already told me to go for a stand alone, and its only a little bit more thats cool. He told me to back up all my C:drive shiz, then just run the disc, is that correct?

Oh no - I spelted it rights! :ugly:

Yeah - you need to do a clean install, totally removing all partitions from the drive (so don't back up to a partition). Whats most important is what you do after that though...but I am hijacking this thread. I'll post something in the Hardware forum.

As you were, BF3 fanciers :D

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 15:57 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Oh no - I spelted it rights! :ugly:

Yeah - you need to do a clean install, totally removing all partitions from the drive (so don't back up to a partition). Whats most important is what you do after that though...but I am hijacking this thread. I'll post something in the Hardware forum.

As you were, BF3 fanciers :D
awww, i get the feeling you are gonna be mean to me :<

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 20:04 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
OMG I just turned the volume and bass up to watch that.... when that rocket goes off WOW!

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 20:18 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
JUST CREAMED EVERYWHERE
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

hoooo ok
yeah
i'm getting this game
:16 :26 :-11

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 16:57 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/f ... -episode-3

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 17:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
so fucking glad i got win7 sorted for this :) that crawl animation looks cool as :D

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 22:34 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
This just in from E3, there will be an open beta, multiplatform beta for Battlefield 3 in September!
Quote:
This just in from EA, Battlefield 3 will be released on October 25, 2011.

“Like so many gamers out there, we’ve had some pretty wild ideas about what we’d want to see in a shooter. Until now, it was all just fantasy. But with Frostbite 2, even our most far-reaching ideas are becoming a reality. This is the game we’ve always wanted to create.”

Battlefield 3 will be shown on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC this week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles in EA’s booth located at #1601 in the South Hall.

“We are proud to finally open the curtains and reveal Battlefield 3. The core development team has been together since 2005. We’ve grown together, taken some knocks together and now, we’re ready to take first person shooters to a whole new level, together,” said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer. “Like so many gamers out there, we’ve had some pretty wild ideas about what we’d want to see in a shooter. Until now, it was all just fantasy. But with Frostbite 2, even our most far-reaching ideas are becoming a reality. This is the game we’ve always wanted to create.”

Battlefield 3 captures the intense reality of modern warfare across the globe. DICE is working closely with highly decorated ex-SAS operator and acclaimed author, Andy McNab, to ensure the authenticity and grittiness of today’s war is captured in both the single player and multiplayer campaigns. In the single player chapters being highlighted at E3, two new playable characters are introduced. Dmitri “Dima” Mayakovsky, a Russian undercover agent, must fight his way from the Paris Stock Exchange through the crowded city streets in a desperate attempt to stop PLR operatives from detonating a dirty bomb in the heart of Paris. Jonathan “Jono” Miller, a Marine Corporal from America’s heartland, is deployed to the barren dustbowl of the Tehran desert to engage PLR forces. This chapter showcases a classic Battlefield vehicle warfare experience as players embark on a large scale tank attack to neutralize the PLR base. The popular Battlefield multiplayer mode ‘Rush’ is also back and will be playable on PC in the EA booth.
BF3 Multiplayer video
http://www.origin.com/uk/

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :5: :4 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :demm: :65 :49 :hug: :4 :57 :55 :-11 :-11 :-11 :-11 :-11 :-11 :grouphug:

pl 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 22:42 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
That video
That could be the next battlefield we always wanted after BF 2 :4

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 22:44 
Community slut (13473)
Bartg wrote:
That video
That could be the next battlefield we always wanted after BF 2 :4
Exactly! :5: :4

be 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 22:50 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I almost fainted because of all the blood rushing to my penis.

I'm getting that game. They could charge €80 for it, I don't care.
If only the CoD fanboys could realise this is a superior franchise. Pity, because I loved the first CoD.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011, 23:54 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I
HAVE
EXCITE
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :59 :-11

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 02:41 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
My penis just smiled.

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 08:56 
Community slut (13473)

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 10:56 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
stunning lighting effects, now my balls are smiling too!

just wish devs would stop calling solider characters fucking Miller all the time :roll:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next