Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:25

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2011, 13:04 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:

well, i've only got 4gb of ram atm, (though silly xp only recognises 3) so might need to get more.. but i hate buying hardware :< all the numbers confuse the shit out of me, and if im away from hardware sites for longer than a few months, i lose the plot :<

plus i can never remember what is in my pc :ugly: is it ddrm 3 ddrmrmr 3, drtmdr t3, T2, T3 Rise of the machines etc
:50 Like I care... :-14
:lol:

As to RAM - don't bother. Nothing around needs or can even use more than 4 gig of ram. We're not beyond that point yet!

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2011, 13:15 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

well, i've only got 4gb of ram atm, (though silly xp only recognises 3) so might need to get more.. but i hate buying hardware :< all the numbers confuse the shit out of me, and if im away from hardware sites for longer than a few months, i lose the plot :<

plus i can never remember what is in my pc :ugly: is it ddrm 3 ddrmrmr 3, drtmdr t3, T2, T3 Rise of the machines etc
:50 Like I care... :-14
:lol:

As to RAM - don't bother. Nothing around needs or can even use more than 4 gig of ram. We're not beyond that point yet!
ive got 8GB at work, but thats for video rendering and max rendering etc...

thats cool though, my wallet is happy :)

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2011, 13:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Good to see no one, including me, was paying attention...yeesh.

The step I missed: after completing everything in the first post, run Windows update. Man I need more sleep... :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2011, 13:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Good to see no one, including me, was paying attention...yeesh.

The step I missed: after completing everything in the first post, run Windows update. Man I need more sleep... :ugly:
thanks Howard ill chuck this info into my word doc. Appreciate it :)

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well, im pretty sure I posted a message in here today?! but i've been so dazed from the events of the weekend that I can't remember posting it, just woke up from a 4 hour nap :S Any, not sure why my post was deleted, it wasn't like rage directed at anyone other than microsoft and the gods of pissing balls off??! :ugly:

Anyway, it's not letting me instal 64bit Win7, but my pc can do 64bit, but when i put the 64bit disk into either XP (32) or Win7(32) is just says:
Quote:
"This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows. To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc. For more information, check your computers sytem information. To install a new copy of Windows, restart (boot) youur computer using the installation disc, and then select custom advanced.) "
I really wish I had submitted my post or my post wasn't deleted (which ever it was, my brain is wet cake right now),... I might have got some help earlier... not cool...

Please don't delete this it is freaking me out! :evil:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Every tutorial refers to one disc?! I've got two bitch! and one doesnt work and the other only has 1 option, install! argh

de 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:31 
Doesn't get out much (357)
you shouldn't upgrade, but do a proper install.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:32 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ditch wrote:
you shouldn't upgrade, but do a proper install.
its not letting me do anything with the 64bit disc mate...

so how do i do a proper install?

de 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:34 
Doesn't get out much (357)
so how do i do a proper install?
boot from the disc

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 00:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i knew i shouldnt have bothered doing this today after being awake since friday morning... im such a tard.

Cheers ditch... im gonna go spam F1 F2 F10 ESC or DEL

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 02:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Cheers Ditch! :5:

I was being a tapass! dumb idea trying to do this shit when my head kept hitting the keyboard.
When i woke up from my nap, i had no idea who i was or where i was :S just heard loud noises and my legs hurt :S and i was covered in deer blood again

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 09:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
FUCK ME it's fast! :shock: and i'm only half way thru howards list, and I haven't turned off all that glass pane shit yet.
Does win7 have a normal task bar?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 09:58 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
FUCK ME it's fast! :shock: and i'm only half way thru howards list, and I haven't turned off all that glass pane shit yet.

No such thing as a "normal taskbar".

If you mean can you make an up-to-date OS look like a retarded , 13 year-old piece of shit OS 'cos you are too scared and/or stupid to learn anything new ever, then the answer is yes. At that point though someone may as well step in and take your PC from you. :18

It startles me how users of some of the most advanced technology we can own have these desperate urge to resist change and cling only to what they know. If you cannot face change, get the fuck out of computing :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)

^^ thought that would work hehehe

EDIT: hehe, but seriously, i got this working at 1:30am hehe, didn't even get a chance to use it mate other than install latest direct x (which i think covered all that 2005, 2008 thing, because i couldnt locate separate installs for those.. ill have another look thou tonite when im less zombie) Does look cool though, and im sold by the speed alone already; i just like hearing your rants haha.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)

^^ thought that would work hehehe

EDIT: hehe, but seriously, i got this working at 1:30am hehe, didn't even get a chance to use it mate other than install latest direct x (which i think covered all that 2005, 2008 thing, because i couldnt locate separate installs for those.. ill have another look thou tonite when im less zombie) Does look cool though, and im sold by the speed alone already; i just like hearing your rants haha.
Git :lol:

About the other thing: I think you are confusing DirectX with Visual C....

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hehe, knew that would get a rise out of you, you know ill give it a go, im just very used to XP and vista.

yeah probably, i couldn't find the Visual C stuff thou, but i was searching like a tard? got any links so i can be lazy ? ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:44 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

If you mean can you make an up-to-date OS look like a retarded , 13 year-old piece of shit OS 'cos you are too scared and/or stupid to learn anything new ever, then the answer is yes. At that point though someone may as well step in and take your PC from you. :18

It startles me how users of some of the most advanced technology we can own have these desperate urge to resist change and cling only to what they know. If you cannot face change, get the fuck out of computing :lol:
Nothin beats a good 'ol windows 95 look! :mrgreen:

Attachments:
nothin beats.png
nothin beats.png [ 196.74 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i just not really sold on the thumbnails of the pages, like if i've got 3 word docs, at first visual glance, they all look the same ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:53 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
hehe, knew that would get a rise out of you, you know ill give it a go, im just very used to XP and vista.

yeah probably, i couldn't find the Visual C stuff thou, but i was searching like a tard? got any links so i can be lazy ? ^^
2010 x86
2010 x64
2008 x64
2008 x86
2008 x86 SP1
2008 x64 SP1
2005 x86
2005 x64
2005 x86 SP1
2005 x64 SP1

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

2010 x86
2010 x64
2008 x64
2008 x86
2008 x86 SP1
2008 x64 SP1
2005 x86
2005 x64
2005 x86 SP1
2005 x64 SP1
do i have to install all of them? even the 86's?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:56 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Yeah. Most games are still 32bit so you need the x86 packages too.

They're only small...

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

They're only small...
that is alot of small packages ^^ its like watching one of those world record gang bangs! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 11:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

They're only small...
that is alot of small packages ^^ its like watching one of those world record gang bangs! :D
Aye - usual M$ bullshit. No reason in the world this should not be one redist package. Just silly.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 11:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well when i extracted the latest DX installer it had a shit load of files in it!

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 11:06 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
well when i extracted the latest DX installer it had a shit load of files in it!
Yeah 'cos DX is cumulative

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 11:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 14:58 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Nothin beats a good 'ol windows 95 look! :mrgreen:
:5: Not a fan of aero or xp themes

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 15:36 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yea turn off Aero when playing TF2, otherwise it crashes.

See my thread Team Fortress Crashing

I did what Minimoose suggested and not had any problems again since the new update. But Howard helped me with the settings in TF2 and it's much better now.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 15:38 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i dont want my shit to look pretty, just work :)
can't wait to get out of work early and mess around with my new toy!

then annoy howard with "why doesnt this bit work like xp" style comments! and listen to him compare me to scum or that grey build up you get in public toilets.

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011, 17:41 
Community slut (13473)
i dont want my shit to look pretty, just work :)
can't wait to get out of work early and mess around with my new toy!

then annoy howard with "why doesnt this bit work like xp" style comments! and listen to him compare me to scum or that grey build up you get in public toilets.
If you want performance and not the looks, I can suggest this lovely option;

Attachments:
suggest.png
suggest.png [ 146.08 KiB | Viewed 3147 times ]