Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 13:55

All times are UTC+02:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
nl 
 Post subject: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 12:39 
Offline
SpA Fookah (4459)
User avatar


Looks fucking amazing :shock:

_________________
M.A.S.K. , is the mighty power that can save the day


Top
   
fi 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 13:56 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1689)
User avatar
Oh. Wow.

_________________
http://goo.gl/jEQZqT – My compositions :U
_____

”If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.


Top
   
us 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 20:22 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1290)
User avatar
After having used Unity and Unreal I can honestly say that they're close competitors. Unreal is great for the hyper-real looking graphics while Unity is better suited for more stylized stuff. With that said, Unity has grown a lot since Unity 4 and I haven't had the chance to use it since Unity 5 came out, although I think the more "advanced" rendering is Unity Pro only which I can understand.

This looks cool.

_________________
Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill.
-Christopher Parker


Top
   
gb 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 05:26 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (3491)
User avatar
Now we just see if that works in VR and we never have to live in the real world ever again :ugly:

_________________
ュ~ちゃんgamer.jp Pinky: true genius
ュ~ちゃんgamer.jp Pinky: doesn't make sense
ュ~ちゃんgamer.jp Pinky: till you're senseless


Top
   
gb 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 12:24 
Offline
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
User avatar
Awesomeness we can VR a Britain which stayed in the EU!!!

_________________
The Purple Rack of Saint Scouse


Top
   
gb 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 18:16 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1234)
User avatar
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
After having used Unity and Unreal I can honestly say that they're close competitors. Unreal is great for the hyper-real looking graphics while Unity is better suited for more stylized stuff. With that said, Unity has grown a lot since Unity 4 and I haven't had the chance to use it since Unity 5 came out, although I think the more "advanced" rendering is Unity Pro only which I can understand.

This looks cool.


The latest Unity is pretty great. Good for quick prototyping and it's very programmer friendly meaning that everything you need is there on screen and easily available which can be great for.
Unity does start to fall apart from larger game with bigger worlds and certain resource management and allocation though and a lot of people rely on the use of plugins to add functionality they need while using it so suddenly the development cost is larger then planned.
Unreal is good for creating stuff that looks good right out of the box and the blueprint system is awesome but with heavy blueprints it can cause issues and delays. Although they've recently added a way to turn blueprints into code which is nice and should hopefully speed up some of that.
From an audio point of view, Unity is still awful without the use of a plugin to add nice functionality.
I prefer using unity for smaller sized games, even if it is a bit more effort to get things implemented and Unreal for the bigger things.
The biggest benefit of Unreal at the moment for me is that it can run even with errors, whereas Unity throws a fit and cries whenever there is a small error and doesn't let you run it. Unreal just doesn't care if something is missing and tries to run anyway, which is great where you're working on something with 100s of people changing files at once.

We're in a good place though, competition is good for game engines. We're slowly getting more and more needed features and nice optimizations because of it.

_________________
[SpA]Saint K.: I need some help trying to reproduce a crash
[SpA]Saint K.: would u mind joining me ?


Top
   
fi 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 19:43 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1689)
User avatar
[SpA]don_don_don wrote:
From an audio point of view, Unity is still awful without the use of a plugin to add nice functionality.

What do you mean? Surely you're mistaken. It's the best I've ever seen!


_________________
http://goo.gl/jEQZqT – My compositions :U
_____

”If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.


Top
   
us 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 21:05 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1290)
User avatar
[SpA]Dolf wrote:
[SpA]don_don_don wrote:
From an audio point of view, Unity is still awful without the use of a plugin to add nice functionality.

What do you mean? Surely you're mistaken. It's the best I've ever seen!


Wait a minute, I can say that it's a but quirky but I actually enjoy using the audio tools (or did at least in Unity 4)

I really enjoy unity for its ease of access and excellent documentation, I've not gotten into blueprint but I think it's excellent for logical thinkers.

_________________
Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill.
-Christopher Parker


Top
   
gb 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 13:26 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1234)
User avatar
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
Wait a minute, I can say that it's a but quirky but I actually enjoy using the audio tools (or did at least in Unity 4)

I really enjoy unity for its ease of access and excellent documentation, I've not gotten into blueprint but I think it's excellent for logical thinkers.


That's because you haven't played with some of the more advanced stuff ;) Once you start to use something with more functionality you start to realise just how simple unitys audio system really is. Which is why using middleware (like Wwise which is pictured) is so common for it.

_________________
[SpA]Saint K.: I need some help trying to reproduce a crash
[SpA]Saint K.: would u mind joining me ?


Top
   
us 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 03:18 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1290)
User avatar
[SpA]don_don_don wrote:
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
Wait a minute, I can say that it's a but quirky but I actually enjoy using the audio tools (or did at least in Unity 4)

I really enjoy unity for its ease of access and excellent documentation, I've not gotten into blueprint but I think it's excellent for logical thinkers.


That's because you haven't played with some of the more advanced stuff ;) Once you start to use something with more functionality you start to realise just how simple unitys audio system really is. Which is why using middleware (like Wwise which is pictured) is so common for it.

Image

_________________
Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill.
-Christopher Parker


Top
   
gb 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 10:50 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1234)
User avatar
http://www.asoundeffect.com/unity-adam-sound-design/ Is pretty cool read if you're interested in the audio for ADAM.

_________________
[SpA]Saint K.: I need some help trying to reproduce a crash
[SpA]Saint K.: would u mind joining me ?


Top
   
fi 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 10:54 
Offline
Has no REAL life! (1689)
User avatar
Image

_________________
http://goo.gl/jEQZqT – My compositions :U
_____

”If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.


Top
   
nl 
 Post subject: Re: Demo unity engine
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 13:54 
Offline
SpA Fookah (4459)
User avatar

_________________
M.A.S.K. , is the mighty power that can save the day


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC+02:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited